Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 539

Thread: Ted Kennedy Dies of Brain Cancer at Age 77

  1. #411
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Ted Kennedy Dies of Brain Cancer at Age 77

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    Its pretty simply really.

    Some posters will be remembered for standing up for decorum, civility and humiltiy.

    The words of others will be remembered for cheering another persons death and muddying the discussion with meaningless, arrogant bitterness.
    It's a ****ing internet forum! I forget what even I post about five minutes after I post it.

    Step away from the computer once in a while.

  2. #412
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Ted Kennedy Dies of Brain Cancer at Age 77

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Important concern of yours thus a substantial emotional investment. Hope that helps, sunshine. I guarantee you are far more invested in this subject than I am.
    I guarantee I am as well.

    I am not ashamed to admit it, not one bit.

    I will stand up for a friend, statesmen and for whats right especially in the face of anonymous internet bullies with no connections and no hope of even coming close to sniffing power.
    Last edited by The_Limt; 08-26-09 at 05:22 PM.

  3. #413
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Ted Kennedy Dies of Brain Cancer at Age 77

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    I guarantee I am as well.

    I am not ashamed to admit it, not one bit.

    I will stand up for a friend, statesmen and for whats right especially in the face of anonymous internet bullies with no connectons and no hope of even coming close to sniffing power.
    Oh man, it's getting deep ...

  4. #414
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Ted Kennedy Dies of Brain Cancer at Age 77

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    It's a ****ing internet forum! I forget what even I post about five minutes after I post it.

    Step away from the computer once in a while.
    The environment in which ugly comments and actions take root are irrelevent.

    If a poster wants to dance on Senator Kennedy's grave, and if I am capable, I will respond, no matter the venue.

  5. #415
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: Ted Kennedy Dies of Brain Cancer at Age 77

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Well we are free to disagree.

    I would ask you to provide evidence of how Kennedy's and the Democrats who have had political power of the purse for over five decades except for the short span from 1994 to 2004 performed with their war on poverty?

    The evidence suggests that Kennedy’s ideas were an abject failure;

    (1) Public housing projects; fail.

    (2) Food stamps; corrupt and a failure.

    (3) Social Security; a joke and headed for failure.

    (4) Education; a joke and a failure.

    (5) Minimum wage laws; a joke.

    Liberals own these programs and anyone trying to argue that the ONLY way Americans can achieve prosperity and secure their retirement is through Government largess is obviously wallowing in abject denial.

    There is something else you need to concern yourself with aside from the failure of our educational systems and extensive government programs; that would be the loss of choice and freedom which will always be the result of Government involvement.

    This Democrat Congress inherited a $168 billion deficit in 2006 and in less than three years expanded it to $1.6 trillion with no end in sight. The notion that idiots like these can make our lives better with more of the same is a stunning notion to say the least.
    I'm not sure I have time right now to address all that. I will say this: laying all those issues at the feet of Dems is disingenuous. Come on. I mean, No Child Left Behind gets enacted and then is not funded at all.

    SS does have issues, particularly because our officials have "borrowed" from its coffers and also because our elder population has grown to a disproportionate number compared to the current youth in this country. I don't see it as a failure in what it was meant to do. I think that, if the government does something, the conservatives in our country will just see it as bad because it's the government. I'm not convinced by this Reaganesque rhetoric.

    I'm curious why you say food stamps have been a failure. What is your proof behind such a claim?

    Now, housing projects.... argh.... don't even get me started. I agree with you there. Totally implemented poorly and mismanaged. Sad really.

    I am for a working wage, so that discussion is going to fall completely on ideological lines I think. Not much to say except I completely disagree with you.
    It's time for a revolution in our country. Not a revolution forged with guns and bombs but a revolution forged of compassion and altruism. A revolution that extends a hand to those who don't have and who cannot. A revolution that makes Health Care available to all those in the US.

  6. #416
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Ted Kennedy Dies of Brain Cancer at Age 77

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    I guarantee I am as well.

    I am not ashamed to admit it, not one bit.

    I will stand up for a friend, statesmen and for whats right especially in the face of anonymous internet bullies with no connectons and no hope of even coming close to sniffing power.
    What does having connections have to do with it? People were merely expressing their opinions, which is what a discussion board is for.

  7. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Thumbs up Re: Ted Kennedy Dies of Brain Cancer at Age 77

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    I'm not sure I have time right now to address all that. I will say this: laying all those issues at the feet of Dems is disingenuous. Come on. I mean, No Child Left Behind gets enacted and then is not funded at all.

    SS does have issues, particularly because our officials have "borrowed" from its coffers and also because our elder population has grown to a disproportionate number compared to the current youth in this country. I don't see it as a failure in what it was meant to do. I think that, if the government does something, the conservatives in our country will just see it as bad because it's the government. I'm not convinced by this Reaganesque rhetoric.

    I'm curious why you say food stamps have been a failure. What is your proof behind such a claim?

    Now, housing projects.... argh.... don't even get me started. I agree with you there. Totally implemented poorly and mismanaged. Sad really.

    I am for a working wage, so that discussion is going to fall completely on ideological lines I think. Not much to say except I completely disagree with you.
    I don't think we should have those programs either, which is why I've recently become an extreme rightist. Hopefully, the absence of regulatory structure and public good provisions will destabilize capitalism and lead to an eventual collapse of our present economic structure.

  8. #418
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Ted Kennedy Dies of Brain Cancer at Age 77

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    What does having connections have to do with it? People were merely expressing their opinions, which is what a discussion board is for.
    Do you really need me to answer this most obvious of questions for you?

  9. #419
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Ted Kennedy Dies of Brain Cancer at Age 77

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    Do you really need me to answer this most obvious of questions for you?
    Try. We're dying to hear.

  10. #420
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,654

    Re: Ted Kennedy Dies of Brain Cancer at Age 77

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Wherever Senators rear their ugly heads? Yeah, I hate it when they do that.
    After all of the 'thanks' people give to the other posts, no one thought this was freaking hilarious?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •