Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Chris Brown Sentenced in Rihanna Assault Case

  1. #1
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Chris Brown Sentenced in Rihanna Assault Case

    Seems a tad light for beating the crap out of a woman and leaving her for dead.

    LOS ANGELES – A judge on Tuesday sentenced Chris Brown to five years' probation and six months' community labor for the beating of Rihanna and ordered the R&B singer to stay away from his former girlfriend for the next five years.

    Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Patricia Schnegg told Brown that he could be sent to state prison if he violated any terms of his sentence, including an order to stay 100 yards away from Rihanna unless they're attending music industry events.

    Chris Brown sentenced in Rihanna assault case - Yahoo! News
    Music industry events happen what ... 3 times a week?

  2. #2
    Cànan a' Gàidheal
    Anima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    West Coast of Scotland
    Last Seen
    06-24-12 @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,741

    Re: Chris Brown Sentenced in Rihanna Assault Case

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    Seems a tad light for beating the crap out of a woman and leaving her for dead.



    Music industry events happen what ... 3 times a week?
    What a load of rubbish. I wonder what he'd have had to do to actually see the inside of jail cell on this one. I personally think he should be facing a much higher sentence, as should anyone who assaults their parter.
    "I'll govern for all the ambitions of Scotland, and for all of the people who imagine that we can live in a better land. This party, the Scottish party, your party, carries your hope, and we shall carry it carefully, and make the nation proud."
    Alex Salmond, First Minister of Scotland, Scottish National Party

  3. #3
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Chris Brown Sentenced in Rihanna Assault Case

    Totally agree. Did you read what he did to her? He f'ing BIT her. What kind of crazy FK bites someone? It came out that there were other instances of violence between the two of them. That and based on the beating he gave her that got him arrested, he clearly has a problem, and I hope he somehow breaks his probation so his ass goes into jail, that scumbag. He makes me sick.

  4. #4
    Cànan a' Gàidheal
    Anima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    West Coast of Scotland
    Last Seen
    06-24-12 @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,741

    Re: Chris Brown Sentenced in Rihanna Assault Case

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Totally agree. Did you read what he did to her? He f'ing BIT her. What kind of crazy FK bites someone? It came out that there were other instances of violence between the two of them. That and based on the beating he gave her that got him arrested, he clearly has a problem, and I hope he somehow breaks his probation so his ass goes into jail, that scumbag. He makes me sick.
    Oh hell yeah. I'm usually against wishing ill on people, but this little sliver of scum deserves nothing more than a six foot cell.
    "I'll govern for all the ambitions of Scotland, and for all of the people who imagine that we can live in a better land. This party, the Scottish party, your party, carries your hope, and we shall carry it carefully, and make the nation proud."
    Alex Salmond, First Minister of Scotland, Scottish National Party

  5. #5
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Chris Brown Sentenced in Rihanna Assault Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Anima View Post
    Oh hell yeah. I'm usually against wishing ill on people, but this little sliver of scum deserves nothing more than a six foot cell.
    I just can't believe he got only probation! I am glad to see that the judge is ordering that he do labor service as opposed to community service (which appears not to involve labor).

  6. #6
    Cànan a' Gàidheal
    Anima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    West Coast of Scotland
    Last Seen
    06-24-12 @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,741

    Re: Chris Brown Sentenced in Rihanna Assault Case

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I just can't believe he got only probation! I am glad to see that the judge is ordering that he do labor service as opposed to community service (which appears not to involve labor).
    I know, I mean, look at the state he left her in! Even just the descriptions of what he did could turn the stomach. How in god's name did he avoid even a short jail sentence?
    "I'll govern for all the ambitions of Scotland, and for all of the people who imagine that we can live in a better land. This party, the Scottish party, your party, carries your hope, and we shall carry it carefully, and make the nation proud."
    Alex Salmond, First Minister of Scotland, Scottish National Party

  7. #7
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Chris Brown Sentenced in Rihanna Assault Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Anima View Post
    What a load of rubbish. I wonder what he'd have had to do to actually see the inside of jail cell on this one. I personally think he should be facing a much higher sentence, as should anyone who assaults their parter.
    Be a common citizen.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #8
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Chris Brown Sentenced in Rihanna Assault Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Anima View Post
    I know, I mean, look at the state he left her in! Even just the descriptions of what he did could turn the stomach. How in god's name did he avoid even a short jail sentence?
    That's why I am confident he will strike again (pun intended). Anyone who does that much damage to someone (particularly a man against a woman) is a serial abuser who can't control himself.

  9. #9
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Chris Brown Sentenced in Rihanna Assault Case

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    That's why I am confident he will strike again (pun intended). Anyone who does that much damage to someone (particularly a man against a woman) is a serial abuser who can't control himself.
    I tend to agree w/this. I also agree that this dirtbag will break his probabation Hopefully, those terms will be honored.

  10. #10
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Chris Brown Sentenced in Rihanna Assault Case

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    I tend to agree w/this. I also agree that this dirtbag will break his probabation Hopefully, those terms will be honored.
    I love it when we're on the same side of an issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •