Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 127

Thread: CIA 'threatened September 11 suspect's children'

  1. #71
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: CIA 'threatened September 11 suspect's children'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Your dodge wont work. I asked for acts that were officially authorized by our government, not crimes committed by individuals.
    How about some proof that this was not at the direction of the U.S. government.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #72
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: CIA 'threatened September 11 suspect's children'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You seem to have all the answers, so you tell me.

    A link to your claims would be nice.
    Which of my claims do you think are in dispute? Let me know so I can provide sources.

  3. #73
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: CIA 'threatened September 11 suspect's children'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    How about some proof that this was not at the direction of the U.S. government.
    Logical fallacy asking someone to prove a negative

  4. #74
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: CIA 'threatened September 11 suspect's children'

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Which of my claims do you think are in dispute? Let me know so I can provide sources.
    All of them.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: CIA 'threatened September 11 suspect's children'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Paraphrasing a bit.

    In regards to the health care protests in general.

    "The majority of and the loudest protesters at any of these rallies are republican operatives, paid by the RNC and the health care industry."

    "These protests are staged events with many of the same people appearing across the country and paid by the RNC"

    In regards to the Heather Blish:

    "Now we have proof of the GOP Operatives charge"

    "Because she is the first GOP Operative caught in a lie"

    "I think its mroe likely than not that she was there at the urging of and behest or truly acting as an operative of the GOP. Can I prove it? Not yet but I'll bet.."

    That's not even going into your idiotic accusations of sedition.

    You have a history on this forum in short order of making outrageous, outlandish, extreme claims based on little to no facts then when you get called on it whinging about how its "your opinion" and telling us to "just wait, facts will come out".

    Well guess what, facts AREN'T out that support the idiotic things you claim and just stating "They'll come out in time" and hiding about your "opinion" doesn't protect people from riping your baseless, worthless, tiredly repetitive accusations and claims to shreds ...especially since they're put together so shabbily in the first place.
    & I still stand by those allegations. The fact that ironclad proof may take more than a few weeks to emerge, does not mean I am wrong. (Often proof takes years to come out...but in this case I would guess we'll have our proof in fairly short order...I'd guess within 6 months.
    If your argument is that I have to provide immediate proof to support an allegation, no investigation in history would have succeeded with such a short ...."Times Up" .....limitt placed on it.

  6. #76
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: CIA 'threatened September 11 suspect's children'

    Actually, my argument was your opinions and statements based on your idiotic repeated use of "Just wait and see" mentality is worthless coming from you and shows a pattern of your debate style, not that you have to provide immediete evidence. My argument was that your posts have became a bit of a joke because you like to make outrageous claims and then make the idiotic statement of "proof will come out to prove me correct" thus showing you're not wanting to deal with facts, reality, or debate but simply want to make outrageous statements that people can't call you out on because you will just fall back on "Its my opinion" and "just you wait, facts will come out".

    Here you go, I'll play your game.

    This was needed, because by doing that they averted a nuclear attack on the United States that would've simultaneously decimate the entire population of New York, Washington, Chicago, and L.A. Just you wait, facts will come out that prove me true. Maybe not today, maybe not next week, but you know, sometime....so that makes it true, just you wait. So its prefectly okay they did this.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: CIA 'threatened September 11 suspect's children'

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Logical fallacy asking someone to prove a negative
    No, just asking him to back up his allegations for once with actual facts.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #78
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: CIA 'threatened September 11 suspect's children'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    All of them.
    Well the listing of Al-Nashiri's false confessions come from the Verbatim Transcript of Open Session Combatant Status Review Tribunal Hearing for ISN 10015. United States Department of Defense. pp. pages 1-36

    For some reason its no longer on the DOD page. But you can find the information on Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

    The fact that KSM and Zubayda were waterboarded 183 and 83 times respectively can be found in multiple news outlets but here's a right wing source stating such:

    DOJ Memo: CIA Report Claims 9/11 Mastermind Waterboarded 183 Times - Political News - FOXNews.com

    Abu Zubayda not being a member of Al-Qaeda was from a 2007 combatant review hearing but information can be found on wapo

    CIA Says It Misjudged Role of High-Value Detainee Abu Zubaida, Transcript Shows - washingtonpost.com

    Koreans and waterboarding you can find in the nytimes. The reason why the SERE program was developed was because of the Korean's use of waterboarding and other torture.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/22/us.../22detain.html

    According to several former top officials involved in the discussions seven years ago, they did not know that the military training program, called SERE, for Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape, had been created decades earlier to give American pilots and soldiers a sample of the torture methods used by Communists in the Korean War, methods that had wrung false confessions from Americans.
    Any other questions? So again Gill I ask you if it was so effective like you say why the need to use it again and again if they were "singing like canaries" from the technique?

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: CIA 'threatened September 11 suspect's children'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Actually, my argument was your opinions and statements based on your idiotic repeated use of "Just wait and see" mentality is worthless coming from you and shows a pattern of your debate style, not that you have to provide immediete evidence.
    I provide plenty of links to prove a point when such proof is already available. If I state an opinion/hypothesis, I usually so identify it.
    I think that's what these forums are all about....They are not just encyclopedias of provable facts.

    If that's what you want...go here: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page[/ame]
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-25-09 at 11:32 AM.

  10. #80
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: CIA 'threatened September 11 suspect's children'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    No, just asking him to back up his allegations for once with actual facts.
    Weren't you trying to make it seem like the government sponsored the treatment by the soldiers in the article you listed?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •