Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Obama White House v. CIA; Panetta Threatened to Quit

  1. #1
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Obama White House v. CIA; Panetta Threatened to Quit

    Things just aren't looking good for Krewe Obama. He hired Panetta, because he thought Panetta was going to be his yes man at CIA. Looks like that plan isn't working well.

    A "profanity-laced screaming match" at the White House involving CIA Director Leon Panetta, and the expected release today of another damning internal investigation, has administration officials worrying about the direction of its newly-appoint intelligence team, current and former senior intelligence officials tell ABC News.com.

    Amid reports that Panetta had threatened to quit just seven months after taking over at the spy agency, other insiders tell ABCNews.com that senior White House staff members are already discussing a possible shake-up of top national security officials.

    Obama White House Versus CIA - ABC News
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #2
    Professor
    OxymoronP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heart in Brooklyn, body South of Dixie
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Obama White House v. CIA; Panetta Threatened to Quit

    I had reservations about Panetta, but he has proven to be a very honorable and duty bound man.


    THE GREATEST FREEDOM IS THE FREEDOM TO OPPRESS OTHERS

  3. #3
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama White House v. CIA; Panetta Threatened to Quit

    Quote Originally Posted by OxymoronP View Post
    I had reservations about Panetta, but he has proven to be a very honorable and duty bound man.
    I had the same apprehensions. He definitely turned out to have a pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #4
    Student LowRevs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Downeast in NC
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    272

    Re: Obama White House v. CIA; Panetta Threatened to Quit

    Same apprehensions. I did remember though that he was at times the only voice of reason coming from the Clinton administration. Can't point to any...just my vague recollection. They are trying to blame his (unconfirmed) threats to quit on NSA chief Blair. I'll have to check on his background.

    Wikpedia has a pretty good writeup on Adm Blair if you intereted.
    Last edited by LowRevs; 08-24-09 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Add'l info
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.--Thomas Jefferson

  5. #5
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama White House v. CIA; Panetta Threatened to Quit

    The caliber of person that has the actualy ability to run intel ops for this country isn't going to play ball exactly how PBO wants him to, so friction is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #6
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama White House v. CIA; Panetta Threatened to Quit

    I disagree that Obama thought he would be a "yes man". It's possible, but there is no evidence of it. I am thinking more and more of the man however. I don't have a single problem with him standing up to Obama.

  7. #7
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama White House v. CIA; Panetta Threatened to Quit

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I disagree that Obama thought he would be a "yes man". It's possible, but there is no evidence of it. I am thinking more and more of the man however. I don't have a single problem with him standing up to Obama.
    I believe that a yes man is exactly what PBO was looking for. Why else appoint someone with zero experience to the post? It's starting to appear that PBO underestimated Panetta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #8
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama White House v. CIA; Panetta Threatened to Quit

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I believe that a yes man is exactly what PBO was looking for. Why else appoint someone with zero experience to the post? It's starting to appear that PBO underestimated Panetta.
    It is equally likely that he saw some of the qualities in him that are making him effective in the job. Neither you nor I know for sure why Obama picked him, and any speculation as to why is just that, speculation.

  9. #9
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama White House v. CIA; Panetta Threatened to Quit

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is equally likely that he saw some of the qualities in him that are making him effective in the job. Neither you nor I know for sure why Obama picked him, and any speculation as to why is just that, speculation.
    You're right, it is just speculaton as to PBO's motives for appointing Panetta, but I bet it can be safely said that PBO's regretting the hell out of his decison, right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #10
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Obama White House v. CIA; Panetta Threatened to Quit

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is equally likely that he saw some of the qualities in him that are making him effective in the job. Neither you nor I know for sure why Obama picked him, and any speculation as to why is just that, speculation.
    I don't think Obama picked him for this....

    A "profanity-laced screaming match" at the White House involving CIA Director Leon Panetta
    I think things just aren't working out as planned for the White House..... nothin' is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •