Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 94

Thread: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

  1. #81
    Professor
    OxymoronP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heart in Brooklyn, body South of Dixie
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    First was part of a declared war & the 2nd was a mistake in judgment by JFK.
    So its ok to do anything in a declared war? The second was a mistake, but if it happend under Bush then it would be a crime?


    THE GREATEST FREEDOM IS THE FREEDOM TO OPPRESS OTHERS

  2. #82
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dallas-Ft.Worth
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    541

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes, that would be different. However, if they had actually killed someone in an interrogation, there's no doubt we would have heard about it, by now.
    Because our government is so forthcoming when it comes to admitting wrong doing!?

    GIVE IT A REST! ANOTHER "FAKE CONSERVATIVE" !

    Wanting us not to question what our "leaders" tell us.!

    Nearly 100 deaths in US custody....these links have sourcing and autopsy reports.

    The suppressed fact: Deaths by U.S. torture - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

    The Bush Administration Homicides - Page 1 - The Daily Beast
    Last edited by dragondad; 08-25-09 at 12:52 PM.

  3. #83
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by dragondad View Post
    Because our government is so forthcoming when it comes to admitting wrong doing!?

    GIVE IT A REST! ANOTHER "FAKE CONSERVATIVE" !

    Wanting us not to question what our "leaders" tell us.!

    Nearly 100 deaths in US custody....these links have sourcing and autopsy reports.

    The suppressed fact: Deaths by U.S. torture - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

    The Bush Administration Homicides - Page 1 - The Daily Beast

    You have them tried and convicted and there hasn't even been an investigation.

    This is going to be political suicide for the Dems. When the **** hits the fan, there are going to agents coming out of the wood work to say that the strong arm tactics do work and if they didn't work, they're all certainly smart enough to change tactics. The Dems will respond by calling them liars and murderers and nazis and whatever else they can come up. The Dems are going to pit themselves against people who have risked their lives to protect this country. It won't have a positive outcome for them. Just wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,433

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by OxymoronP View Post
    The duty of the interegators was to gain information to protect American citizens, if they used hot coal up the nostril tactics that would fine by me.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst
    This isn't Nuremburg. We're talking about our people
    My daily dose of remembering why evil exists in the first place.

    -Mach

  5. #85
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You have them tried and convicted and there hasn't even been an investigation.

    This is going to be political suicide for the Dems. When the **** hits the fan, there are going to agents coming out of the wood work to say that the strong arm tactics do work and if they didn't work, they're all certainly smart enough to change tactics. The Dems will respond by calling them liars and murderers and nazis and whatever else they can come up. The Dems are going to pit themselves against people who have risked their lives to protect this country. It won't have a positive outcome for them. Just wait and see.
    Your argument is based on faith that the Justice Dept. (not partisan in case you forgot) is wrong. How can you blame the Dems for this. Besides, what is there to blame? An investigation into possible crimes? That is deplorable? When OJ Simpson was on trial were you thinking how unjust that was because he might be innocent? Shall we only investigate cases where guilt is already certain? What are you talking about? "Political suicide for the Dems?" It doesn't matter if it works or not if its illegal. We might as well wipe Pakistan off the map because there are terrorists there and then say it worked so we did nothing wrong. No me gusto.
    and so it goes...

  6. #86
    Professor
    OxymoronP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Heart in Brooklyn, body South of Dixie
    Last Seen
    08-23-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    My daily dose of remembering why evil exists in the first place.

    -Mach
    Evil doesnt exist, it just a word to describe behaviors you dont find acceptable but that definition changes depending on the perspective.


    THE GREATEST FREEDOM IS THE FREEDOM TO OPPRESS OTHERS

  7. #87
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    Your argument is based on faith that the Justice Dept. (not partisan in case you forgot) is wrong. How can you blame the Dems for this. Besides, what is there to blame? An investigation into possible crimes? That is deplorable? When OJ Simpson was on trial were you thinking how unjust that was because he might be innocent? Shall we only investigate cases where guilt is already certain? What are you talking about? "Political suicide for the Dems?" It doesn't matter if it works or not if its illegal. We might as well wipe Pakistan off the map because there are terrorists there and then say it worked so we did nothing wrong. No me gusto.
    The DoJ is non partisan? Surely you're not that naive. This is just a way of trying to get at GWB and nothing else. That's how the Dems are going to get blamed. The first thing we're going to see coming from the Dems is a buncha finger pointing nd Nancy is going to lead the charge, since CIA made her look like a dumbass a few months ago.

    Here's what we're hearing from the Dems, already.

    Several Democrats cheered Holder’s announcement of a preliminary investigation – then immediately insisted he didn’t go far enough. The chairmen of the House and Senate judiciary committees kept up their calls for a “truth commission” into Bush-era practices.


    Others said veteran federal prosecutor John Durham must have free rein to target any potential wrongdoing, even if it takes him to the most senior levels of the Bush administration.


    “I applaud the Attorney General for this first step. But, we must go further,” Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) said. “Seeking out only the low-level actors in a conspiracy to torture detainees will bring neither justice nor restored standing to our nation.”


    Read more: DOJ probe opens divides with Hill, CIA - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com
    Shall we only investigate cases where guilt is already certain?
    Uh, yeah! We don't want to waste time investigating people where there's a limited amount of certainty. Right? I think they call it, "proof"? Hell, that would mean that anyone could be investigated, for antyhing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #88
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The DoJ is non partisan? Surely you're not that naive. This is just a way of trying to get at GWB and nothing else. That's how the Dems are going to get blamed. The first thing we're going to see coming from the Dems is a buncha finger pointing nd Nancy is going to lead the charge, since CIA made her look like a dumbass a few months ago.

    We don't want to waste time investigating people where there's a limited amount of certainty. Right? I think they call it, "proof"? Hell, that would mean that anyone could be investigated, for antyhing.
    Okay, so we made up all these allegations just to gain some political power over the Bush administration. We made up these allegations and know full well they will be disproved and make libs look like morons. This is nothing more than trying to get at GWB.

    If we investigated a blow job on the taxpayers buck I'd be IRATE if we did not investigate possible crimes by our very own CIA.
    and so it goes...

  9. #89
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    Okay, so we made up all these allegations just to gain some political power over the Bush administration. We made up these allegations and know full well they will be disproved and make libs look like morons. This is nothing more than trying to get at GWB.
    I couldn't agree more. But, I'm all for the Libbos making themselves look like assholes. Go for it, but don't cry foul when it blows up in your faces.

    That tapping sound you hear? It's the nails bring driven into the Liberals's political coffin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #90
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    The tapping I hear is the Bush Administration on the 3rd end of my phone conversations...
    and so it goes...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •