Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 94

Thread: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

  1. #61
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Suppose the facts prove you wrong?
    Suppose an investigation proves that CIA contractors actually tortured some prisoners to death? (would that change your thinking at all?)
    Yes, that would be different. However, if they had actually killed someone in an interrogation, there's no doubt we would have heard about it, by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes, that would be different. However, if they had actually killed someone in an interrogation, there's no doubt we would have heard about it, by now.
    I applaud your integrity is seeing the difference.
    As far as tortured to death accusations.......I habve heard these accusations already. Idf you do a 5 minute Google search you will find them too.
    Have they been PROVEN?.....No (not yet anyway)
    Are they out there?...Yes

  3. #63
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes, that would be different. However, if they had actually killed someone in an interrogation, there's no doubt we would have heard about it, by now.
    According to the article, that is one of the allegations.

  4. #64
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    According to the article, that is one of the allegations.
    Any deaths that occured during an interrogation should certainly be investigated, but I think that that is as far as it should go. I'm totally opposed to investigating operators just because they weren't as nice to a prisoner as some folks think they should be.

    I also believe that information attesting to the effectiveness, or the lack of, wichever may be the case, should be made public to see if the operations actually yielded credible information. If it can be proved that it was all for naught, then it would lend more credibility to the DOJ's case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Any deaths that occured during an interrogation should certainly be investigated, but I think that that is as far as it should go. I'm totally opposed to investigating operators just because they weren't as nice to a prisoner as some folks think they should be.

    .
    So if we cut off both arms & legs & poked out the eyes of a prisoner, that would be OK & should not be punished because he lived? (do you really believe that??)

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    So if we cut off both arms & legs & poked out the eyes of a prisoner, that would be OK & should not be punished because he lived? (do you really believe that??)
    You're just being rediculous, but, the question still sands: did it reveal any good intel? If so, then I say **** it, do whatcha gotta do.

    Would that being going too far? Yeah, sure it would. Do I have any sympathy for the terrorists? Not a lick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post

    I also believe that information attesting to the effectiveness, or the lack of, wichever may be the case, should be made public to see if the operations actually yielded credible information. If it can be proved that it was all for naught, then it would lend more credibility to the DOJ's case.

    If the Bush administration could have proved that torture was effective, they would have "Leaked" details when they were in power. Come on......You aren't THAT naive...are you?

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're just being rediculous, but, the question still sands: did it reveal any good intel? If so, then I say **** it, do whatcha gotta do.

    Would that being going too far? Yeah, sure it would. Do I have any sympathy for the terrorists? Not a lick.

    Wow...What a dangerous amount of power you are willing to give up, to be used in your name against people who had no proof presented that they were terrorists. Many of whom were not picked up on any battlefield & had very tenuous evidence against them. (many were Kids!)
    I applaud you for your honesty as many would agree with you but not have the guts to admit it........

    BUT

    I abhor your thinking which is totally un_American imo.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-24-09 at 05:08 PM.

  9. #69
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Wow...What a dangerous amount of power you are willing to give up, to be used in your name against people who had no proof presented that they were terrorists. Many of whom were not picked up on any battlefield & had very tenuous evidence against them. (many were Kids!)
    I applaud you for your honesty as many would agree with you but not have the guts to admit it........

    BUT

    I abhor your thinking which is totally un_American imo.
    I'm all about winning and if we have to beat up a few prisoners to do that, then I'm all for it. Out there in the big bad world, there are no points for second place and sure as hell not for good sportsmanship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Justice Dept. Report Advises Pursuing C.I.A. Abuse Cases

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm all about winning and if we have to beat up a few prisoners to do that, then I'm all for it. Out there in the big bad world, there are no points for second place and sure as hell not for good sportsmanship.
    I hear you & you may very well represent the majority here but.........What would make us different from the Nazi's or the Viet Cong or the North Koreans or the Communist Chinese ...... if we all thought like you claim to.

    I'll go out on a limb here & bet that,if you give it some REAL thought.....You would soften your stance.

    Just a hunch!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •