Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 262

Thread: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

  1. #81
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Of course we can remove ourselves from the EU. We don't benefit much from it anyway. Why would you think we couldn't?
    Because we are a tiny little country, barely exporting much. We are not in the same position as Germany which is just damn near perfect.
    We need alliances, we need ties.


  2. #82
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Because you were getting perilously close to an argument that could have been classed as primitivist.

    I'm quite the ecologist but I do believe man will always have to make quite a lot of an impact on the environment for his needs. Also this argument of yours is inconsistent with the championship of the city. Hell it is inconsistent with such a megatroplis as what is now London.
    Woah, two different things here. As you stated, sometimes man NEEDS to make its impact on the environment. That need is London. Without London the UK will be slacking far behind the rest of its European economies. Fox hunting isn't something thats important and worth impacting the enviournment over.



    I hunt deer and rabbits as well(well I don't personally hunt foxes anyway.). We recognise different sets of behaviour between humans and humans and animals, or most of us do.
    Theres a line with me on this issue. Hunting foxes that are in large numbers on the countryside with no uneccessary violance, just a simply "bang", is okay. Excessive hunting and killing of Fox's which is what this sport had become is stepping over that line. Im sure we can wait a few years for there numbers to make a standing again?


    They seem to be thriving to me.
    Your not in the UK nor are you in the countryside. What end are you looking at?



    It place within the community as a past-time and ritual.
    Is that a justification to the endless slaughtering of a creature who's numbers where dropping dramatically due to the sport?

    I'm certainly not making it up. I understand the history of fox-hunting unlike most of those on the anti-side. As Quintin Hogg said 60 years ago, fox-hunting was a form of religion to many conservatives, it certainly had a very important ritual and communal place.
    I dont care, screw conservatives and there need to kill Fox's for a bit of adrenaline. If they have a past time ritual or "religion1 that involves savagery and damage to the local environment they can convert to Humanislam
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  3. #83
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Because we are a tiny little country, barely exporting much. We are not in the same position as Germany which is just damn near perfect.
    We need alliances, we need ties.
    The EU isn't an alliance. Switzerland has just as much ties as us. And correct me if im wrong, the biggest economy and world exporter [the US of A] is not part of the union, or any common market union, am i correct?
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  4. #84
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Because we are a tiny little country, barely exporting much.
    I disagree with that, but even so what is your point?

    I believe a lot more self-sufficiency would benefit us, and most people, a lot.
    We are not in the same position as Germany which is just damn near perfect.
    We need alliances, we need ties.
    Perhaps but this is no argument for abandoning our sovereignty to the EU. Personally I'd rather be the 51st state of the USA than that.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  5. #85
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I disagree with that, but even so what is your point?

    I believe a lot more self-sufficiency would benefit us, and most people, a lot.

    Perhaps but this is no argument for abandoning our sovereignty to the EU. Personally I'd rather be the 51st state of the USA than that.
    Eh?
    I don't even think we could be the 51st state of USA anyway Wessex.
    Canada could be tho ...

    It means we do not have the economic will power to stand against powers like USA, China, India and added to that Europe. We threw our lot in with Europe.


  6. #86
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Actually I personally think it would. It wouldn't be exactly like the US but I'd have most power locally, then at the county level and then regional level with little left at the national and UK level but things like defence and foreign affairs.
    I prefer a more unitary state rather than one with divides. I think its the regional governments job to be the voice of the people and have the power and capacity to substantially change the social aspects of that region, everything else should be left with the government, though. Im quit paranoid that regionalism could eventually lead to seperatism.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  7. #87
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Im quit paranoid that regionalism could eventually lead to seperatism.
    Ofc it will lead to that.
    Scotland will be independent eventually if SNP continue


  8. #88
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Ofc it will lead to that.
    Scotland will be independent eventually if SNP continue
    Regionalism as in for example, Cornwall, Dorset, not entire land masses or simply Burroughs. For example, North London and South London regionalism, i guess.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  9. #89
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Regionalism as in for example, Cornwall, Dorset, not entire land masses or simply Burroughs. For example, North London and South London regionalism, i guess.
    Nah. That would never happen.

    But the United Kingdom will eventually break up.


  10. #90
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Woah, two different things here. As you stated, sometimes man NEEDS to make its impact on the environment. That need is London.
    I disagree very much.
    Without London the UK will be slacking far behind the rest of its European economies.
    We'd have less iphones and plasma screen tv? I have very different idea of a good economy to you.

    Fox hunting isn't something thats important and worth impacting the enviournment over.
    Well firstly this is irrelevant for your argument, secondly it is important enough for country people and its impact is small. Thirdly the heavy handed attitude you urbanites are taking seems to say you think it is important.




    Theres a line with me on this issue. Hunting foxes that are in large numbers on the countryside with no uneccessary violance, just a simply "bang", is okay. Excessive hunting and killing of Fox's which is what this sport had become is stepping over that line. Im sure we can wait a few years for there numbers to make a standing again?
    I don't think they are that low.

    Also I'm not entirely sure they are natives here.



    Your not in the UK nor are you in the countryside. What end are you looking at?
    My past experience and all I've heard.




    Is that a justification to the endless slaughtering of a creature who's numbers where dropping dramatically due to the sport?
    Proof? The sport is banned.

    I dont care, screw conservatives and there need to kill Fox's for a bit of adrenaline. If they have a past time ritual or "religion1 that involves savagery and damage to the local environment they can convert to Humanislam
    Well you admit the importance and place now but simply object to it, while it is not actually your business, but simply put the little bit of suffering above that. This is where we disagree. But as I have said I support violence reduction, I simply object to the heavy handed intervention of Westminister gov'ts in such an ancient practice on the support of middle-class urbanites. If more compromise and less authoritarianism and over-the-top rhetoric was used me and others would be far more accommodating.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •