Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 262

Thread: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

  1. #71
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    That is Wessex I'll have you know. You guys would be speaking Danish if it wasn't for us.
    As far as Wessex goes, lets just say you have the beauty and we have the brains.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  2. #72
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    What is your ideal?
    From what i gather of Wessexman, a descentralized government, more regionalized governments, an independent British sovereign. Basically what most of your standard England loving folks want, like me.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  3. #73
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    From what i gather of Wessexman, a descentralized government, more regionalized governments, an independent British sovereign. Basically what most of your standard England loving folks want, like me.
    So a US type federal system?
    So boroughs get power or areas?
    SE or Bromley for example.

    And independent as in removed entirely from EU?


  4. #74
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    So why mention that?
    Because you were getting perilously close to an argument that could have been classed as primitivist.

    I'm quite the ecologist but I do believe man will always have to make quite a lot of an impact on the environment for his needs. Also this argument of yours is inconsistent with the championship of the city. Hell it is inconsistent with such a megatroplis as what is now London.




    The word inhumane is used to describe someone who engages in an act that is wrong or evil. We're hunting the foxes, they're not hunting us.
    I hunt deer and rabbits as well(well I don't personally hunt foxes anyway.). We recognise different sets of behaviour between humans and humans and animals, or most of us do.



    It is. Im talking about the scenario before hand, however.
    Proof? Foxes have often been culled, I can't imagine fox hunting making up for anywhere near the level of a proper cull.


    Yes, and thats why we are in the **** now. Because we've been killing these animals for centuries.
    They seem to be thriving to me.



    If its an important part of your life to kill an animal then you have no life. How is fox hunting, its cruelty aside, important?
    Its place within the community as a past-time and ritual.


    Your just making it up now. Its a silly, viscous practice and the only argument you country boys have is "its an important part of our lives!!".
    I'm certainly not making it up. I understand the history of fox-hunting unlike most of those on the anti-side. As Quintin Hogg said 60 years ago, fox-hunting was a form of religion to many conservatives, it certainly had a very important ritual and communal place.




    Your violating animal rights. Its a set of laws in this country. With or without the ban, the practice is technically illegal. For as long as we have animal rights, the ban should be in place.
    I disagree. A little bit of violence towards Foxes seems fine to me in the circumstances and we are discussing the Tory's pledge to rightfully remove the ban.


    Im not saying its a class issue i just made the statement.
    The only people making it a class issue are the antis.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 08-24-09 at 11:47 AM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  5. #75
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    So a US type federal system?
    So boroughs get power or areas?
    SE or Bromley for example.
    I believe in giving power to the historic regions of England but most importantly I believe in social conservatism, decentralised gov't and society and a decentalised, distirbutist economy.

    And independent as in removed entirely from EU?
    That goes with saying. Like most Brits I'm eurosceptic.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 08-24-09 at 11:46 AM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  6. #76
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    So a US type federal system?
    So boroughs get power or areas?
    SE or Bromley for example.
    There we go, thats one place we know about; Bromley
    And well ask him, and no, not a federated system. That wouldnt work on a country as small as the UK.

    And independent as in removed entirely from EU?
    Basically, but i dont know about his thoughts on NATO.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  7. #77
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    And well ask him, and no, not a federated system. That wouldnt work on a country as small as the UK.
    Actually I personally think it would. It wouldn't be exactly like the US but I'd have most power locally, then at the county level and then regional level with little left at the national and UK level but things like defence and foreign affairs.


    Basically, but i dont know about his thoughts on NATO.
    I'm not really sure, I'm quite non-interventionist but I don't mind some defensive treaties and such.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  8. #78
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post

    Basically, but i dont know about his thoughts on NATO.
    Lol

    That is suicide. We can't remove entirely form EU or NATO.


  9. #79
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Lol

    That is suicide. We can't remove entirely form EU or NATO.
    Of course we can remove ourselves from the EU. We don't benefit much from it anyway. Why would you think we couldn't?
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  10. #80
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I believe in giving power to the historic regions of England but most importantly I believe in social conservatism, decentralised gov't and society and a decentalised, distirbutist economy.

    That goes with saying. Like most Brits I'm eurosceptic.
    Well yea, very few people want further integration but i don't think people would want a withdrawal

    So power is favoured against the national govt. in favour of councils?
    Does anyone know their councillor in UK?
    I couldn't tell you if my life depended on it.


Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •