Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 262

Thread: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

  1. #61
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by B L Zeebub View Post
    Why, no public foot path ran through my brothers land. I support the laws of the land.
    And irrelevant arguments....

    If you don't support foxes being hunted on your land then they should not be.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  2. #62
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Who beat their servant?
    Dude. No one mentioned servants here lol
    I was caricaturing your argument.

    And no they were ... nice, really nice.
    But ofc i would be too if i was trying to influence the thinking of hundreds of thousands of londoners who listen to LBC.
    Hmm that's an idea, maybe we could hunt Londoners instead...although the fox is smart, I would draw the line at dumb beasts
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  3. #63
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Indeed.
    So why mention that?


    Foxes aren't humans, so the term inhumane is somewhat out of place. The anthropomorphizing of animals is a problem with liberal urbanites and their lack of understanding of such topics. Hence the rise of vegetarianism, a pretty much urban phenomenon.
    The word inhumane is used to describe someone who engages in an act that is wrong or evil. We're hunting the foxes, they're not hunting us.


    I thought it was banned?
    It is. Im talking about the scenario before hand, however.



    And yet the countryside has survived for centuries. If you want to have these kinds of discussions then fox hunting is the least of our worries.
    Yes, and thats why we are in the **** now. Because we've been killing these animals for centuries.



    Because of the out of place class war rhetoric being used.

    It is part of country tradition. It has long been an important part of life in many rural communities and though I support lessening the violence done to foxes I still support the practice because of its important place and because of the inaccurate and authoritarian attacks being made against it.
    If its an important part of your life to kill an animal then you have no life. How is fox hunting, its cruelty aside, important? Your just making it up now. Its a silly, viscous practice and the only argument you country boys have is "its an important part of our lives!!".


    If the critics were more informed and more reasonable then no doubt a compromise would be a lot easier but this crude propaganda and class war rhetoric simply lead many of us to dig our heals in.
    Your violating animal rights. Its a set of laws in this country. With or without the ban, the practice is technically illegal. For as long as we have animal rights, the ban should be in place.

    So? That doesn't make it a class issue. A class issue only becomes one when an attack is made based on class or at least a class is being disadvantaged.
    Im not saying its a class issue i just made the statement.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  4. #64
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    06-20-18 @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,097

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I was caricaturing your argument.

    Hmm that's an idea, maybe we could hunt Londoners instead...although the fox is smart, I would draw the line at dumb beasts


    Oh that got a chuckle out of me.

    Also funny seeing London is the powerhouse of UK, where is the financial centre again? In the country? Oh no. That is where people who inherited wealth live.
    Last edited by Laila; 08-24-09 at 10:31 AM.


  5. #65
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Hmm that's an idea, maybe we could hunt Londoners instead...although the fox is smart, I would draw the line at dumb beasts
    ...did that comment just come from a country boy?

    Last time i checked, London was the center of financial commerce and English civilization.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 03:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    And irrelevant arguments....

    If you don't support foxes being hunted on your land then they should not be.
    Why not they were there before me, we had a badger set as well, it was great, the local primary school and the scouts and guides used to love to camp on it, we also placed Tit boxes on the trees and sowed many pounds of woodland flower seeds, my brothers kids, along with many other adults and children loved the place, it was so tranquil.

  7. #67
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    ...did that comment just come from a country boy?

    Last time i checked, London was the center of financial commerce and English civilization.
    That is Wessex I'll have you know. You guys would be speaking Danish if it wasn't for us.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  8. #68
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post


    Oh that got a chuckle out of me.

    Also funny seeing London is the powerhouse of UK, where is the financial centre again? In the country? Oh no. That is where people who inherited wealth live.
    Well, leaving aside the inconsistency of your class war rhetoric and celebration of the city, you are talking to a distributist. Corporate-capitalism is not my ideal.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  9. #69
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    06-20-18 @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,097

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    That is Wessex I'll have you know. You guys would be speaking Danish if it wasn't for us.


    ... Damn we need to think of a comeback


  10. #70
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    06-20-18 @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,097

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Corporate-capitalism is not my ideal.
    What is your ideal?


Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •