Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 262

Thread: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

  1. #251
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    We didn't ask for your help.
    Sorry to break it to you, but even the upper crust of society are bound to abide by the law of the lands...one of them being animal rights.

    You're far off better trying to compromise or not only will you be in the current situation where the Tories are going to bring it all back but the resentment will be created in the countryside.
    I doubt resentment from a bunch of posh horse riders will topple the country, and again what you are suggesting is impossible. Such things cannot be regulated in practice.


    What upper-crust. It is your side using that gross misrepresentation which is quite ironic after you defence of corporate-capitalism.
    Wtf has this got to do with corporate capitalism?
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  2. #252
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, but even the upper crust of society are bound to abide by the law of the lands...one of them being animal rights.
    Gross misrepresentation mate.


    I doubt resentment from a bunch of posh horse riders will topple the country, and again what you are suggesting is impossible. Such things cannot be regulated in practice.
    Sure they can, they often are.


    Wtf has this got to do with corporate capitalism?
    I was just saying that your praise of neo-liberalism is inconsistent with your attacks on the rich even if they are inaccurate, unsupported views of fox-hunting.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  3. #253
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Gross misrepresentation mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman
    We didn't ask for your help.
    This quote just goes to show you think we are getting unrightfully involved in your business, despite the fact that you are breaking animal rights laws. As if your an exception to such laws. As if we need your permission to apply these laws.


    Sure they can, they often are.
    For example? What do they plan to do? Ride on there horses down to London and shoot us all?



    I was just saying that your praise of neo-liberalism is inconsistent with your attacks on the rich even if they are inaccurate, unsupported views of fox-hunting.
    I'm attacking the snobby, self righteous rich your coming across as in this thread, who think it isn't our place to apply the law of the lands in there business as if they are nobility and to be exempt from such laws.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 08-27-09 at 10:20 PM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  4. #254
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    This quote just goes to show you think we are getting unrightfully involved in your business, despite the fact that you are breaking animal rights laws. As if your an exception to such laws. As if we need your permission to apply these laws.
    We should be, I don't want to live in a system where no room is made for traditional diversity, but we are discussing what the law should be.



    For example? What do they plan to do? Ride on there horses down to London and shoot us all?
    I thought we were talking about regulations?



    I'm attacking the snobby, self righteous rich your coming across as in this thread, who think it isn't our place to apply the law of the lands in there business as if they are nobility and to be exempt from such laws.
    How am I coming across as that? I'm simply coming across as someone defending the diversity and right of self-determination of the countyside. You are getting way to excited about this. Me and Laila managed to compromise, it is not me who is coming across as dictatorial and unwilling too show any respect or compromise with a very important part of British society as if a little bit of violence to foxes is like a war crime and must be stamped out no matter the cost.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 08-27-09 at 10:28 PM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  5. #255
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    We should be, I don't want to live in a system where no room is made for traditional diversity, but we are discussing what the law should be.
    Should be an exception to the laws of the land? Wessexman, the problem here is mate that you think the upper class of England are above everyone else, and are superior to everyone else, and are above the law. Fact is your not. Your a moron for thinking that. Who are you and your so special to be exempt from such laws? Just goes to show what you think of animal rights. Screw your traditions.


    I thought we were talking about regulations?
    You said these fox hunting retards have the potential to topple the country. Give me an example.



    How am I coming across as that? I'm simply coming across as someone defending the diversity and right of self-determination of the countyside. You are getting way to excited about this. Me and Laila managed to compromise, it is not me who is coming across as dictatorial and unwilling to show any respect or compromise with a very important part of British society.
    Respect? To what? A savage practice? What point do you have? Your making out its an ancient British tradition, when only a handful of the British population ever and do actually engage in the pastime, and your also using the fact that its a mere hobby to justify your barbaric methods of Fox hunting. Im not getting excited about nothing. Im just offended by the fact that you think you can be exempt from such laws. Advocating animal rights wasn't dictatorial last time i checked. Plus, rather that then fascist.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  6. #256
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Should be an exception to the laws of the land? Wessexman, the problem here is mate that you think the upper class of England are above everyone else, and are superior to everyone else, and are above the law. Fact is your not. Your a moron for thinking that. Who are you and your so special to be exempt from such laws? Just goes to show what you think of animal rights. Screw your traditions.
    If you are going to continue these unsupported misrepresentations then is there much point in continuing our discussion?



    You said these fox hunting retards have the potential to topple the country. Give me an example.
    When did I say that?




    Respect? To what? A savage practice? What point do you have? Your making out its an ancient British tradition, when only a handful of the British population ever and do actually engage in the pastime, and your also using the fact that its a mere hobby to justify your barbaric methods of Fox hunting. Im not getting excited about nothing. Im just offended by the fact that you think you can be exempt from such laws. Advocating animal rights wasn't dictatorial last time i checked. Plus, rather that then fascist.
    You don't seem to have much knowledge of the tradition of fox-hunting. What does fascism have to do with anything? Am I going to have to invoke Godwin's law?

    I'm offended by the fact you are likening an ancient practice to a war-crime or something horrendous and are completely willing to stamp it out with no respect for the countyfolk.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  7. #257
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaya
    This quote just goes to show you think we are getting unrightfully involved in your business, despite the fact that you are breaking animal rights laws. As if your an exception to such laws. As if we need your permission to apply these laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman reply
    We should be, I don't want to live in a system where no room is made for traditional diversity, but we are discussing what the law should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    If you are going to continue these unsupported misrepresentations then is there much point in continuing our discussion?
    Its in plain text.

    When did I say that?
    My bad you was talking about regulations. Again, please explain however how regulations setting hunting criteria's can be met? Regulating such practices in places that are so rural is impossible.



    You don't seem to have much knowledge of the tradition of fox-hunting. What does fascism have to do with anything? Am I going to have to invoke Godwin's law?
    Your killing these animals violently so i related your methods to fascism the way you related my advocating of animal rights as dictatorial. Nice try.

    [quot]I'm offended by the fact you are likening an ancient practice to a war-crime or something horrendous and are completely willing to stamp it out with no respect for the countyfolk.[/QUOTE]

    Your breaking the laws. Animal rights are laws. Stop ignoring it. Acknowledge the fact. I have no respect for those who cannot respect the environment, the animals which live in it with there savage methods of hunting, or the law.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  8. #258
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Its in plain text.
    I was talking about the posh stuff.


    My bad you was talking about regulations. Again, please explain however how regulations setting hunting criteria's can be met? Regulating such practices in places that are so rural is impossible.
    I disagree, hunting is regulated in many countries. Simply train the hounds to chase but not attack the foxes and enforce this.



    Your killing these animals violently so i related your methods to fascism the way you related my advocating of animal rights as dictatorial. Nice try.
    Mine was a serious comparison, you are laying down the law as with no respect or inch of compromise.
    Your breaking the laws. Animal rights are laws. Stop ignoring it. Acknowledge the fact. I have no respect for those who cannot respect the environment, the animals which live in it with there savage methods of hunting, or the law.
    We are talking about what the law should be.

    Come on man let's not get personal. I consider you a good poster. There are few British posters here and several of those there are are seeming douchebags or trolls who come to a political site and never seem to make a serious or indepth comment.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 08-27-09 at 10:54 PM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  9. #259
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I was talking about the posh stuff.
    What posh stuff?



    I disagree, hunting is regulated in many countries. Simply train the hounds to chase but not attack the foxes and enforce this.
    And how would the government regulate this in practice?



    Mine was a serious comparison, you are laying down the law as with no respect or inch of compromise.
    We are talking about what the law should be.
    The law should be respected, not the other way around. The law is what it is for a purpose. It shouldn't change or be compromised for a small insignificant minority.

    Come on man let's not get personal. I consider you a good poster. There are few British posters here and quite several of those there are are seeming douchebags or trolls who come to a political site and never seem to make a serious or indepth comment.
    Thank you....but just because i have disagreed with you a bit recently, doesn't mean i like you any less. Your still on my list of best posters. Plus your the only Euro realist on this forum apart from me. So your like my big brother i look up to on your contributions against the Europhile argument.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  10. #260
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tories "will scrap hunting ban"

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    What posh stuff?
    Just the constant talk of upper-class, posh etc This is a gross misrepresentation.




    And how would the government regulate this in practice?
    Send inspectors round, in the same way it regulates many things such as restaurants.



    The law should be respected, not the other way around. The law is what it is for a purpose. It shouldn't change or be compromised for a small insignificant minority.
    I disagree when it comes to topics such as this. It never should have been introduced.

    Thank you....but just because i have disagreed with you a bit recently, doesn't mean i like you any less. Your still on my list of best posters. Plus your the only Euro realist on this forum apart from me. So your like my big brother i look up to on your contributions against the Europhile argument.
    You're one of my favourite posters as well. However disagreement on forums such as these is often something many posters can't take without holding it against the other poster as IC's recent behaviour and Bolshie's constant behaviour shows. It is one of the most annoying things about these types of forums. It is good to see you are not like them.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 08-27-09 at 11:32 PM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •