Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 102

Thread: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Come now your posts thus far in this thread have been based on feelings and not on the reality of the situation
    Once again, because you say so.


  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    You are clearly not seeing where I am coming from.
    Au contraire’; we most certainly see through the veil of nonsense you are postulating in an effort to defend outrageous partisan political witch-hunt.

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    There would be no enemy combatants against US military if we didn't invade a sovereign nation...
    Wrong again, but at least you are consistent; we would not have invaded a sovereign nation if that nation had not invaded a weaker neighbor state, pillaged it, then after being defeated, ignored the agreements it had signed and refused to cooperate.

    But then, facts and reality never did have much to do with your hyper partisan political hyperbole.

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    There would be no civilian shields if there weren't American bullets aimed at them.
    Wrong again, but at least you are consistent; there would be no civilian shields if terrorist thugs who offer NOTHING to the Iraqi people didn’t use them for political propaganda that naďve Liberals worldwide swallow with amazing gusto and then spew the nonsensical vitriol we see from you about our troops and President. I guess these kinds of tactics work best with the mindless few who wallow in self inflicted ignorance.

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    There would be no investigations if the CIA focused on protecting US citizens instead of Iraqi and Afghani ones.
    Wrong again, but at least you are consistent; I have no idea what you are even talking about here. Now you’re claiming that the CIA is more interested in protecting Iraqi and Afghans than they are US citizens?

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    If you lived on a block where bad people lived all around you. Would it be ok for you to kill all your neighbors and be safe? Or put a gate up, walk softly, and carry a big stick.
    Once again this makes so little sense that I find it impossible to make any sense of. The only one on the block killing his neighbors was Saddam.

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    I'm not scared of a terrorist in Jordan, a terrorist in Iraq, in Afghanistan, or in Canada even. I'm scared of terrorists in the US. And if you think for a second we will kill every terrorist in the world and prevail...you are direly mistaken. So let's protect us here.
    Te fascinating thing about this type of illogical logic is that by remaining within our own borders we can stop EVERY possible attack on American interests.

    But this simplistic naiveté doesn’t stop there; it also presumes that there are no American interests anywhere else in the world. But alas, many of us live in the REAL world and where the REALITY of stopping every possible terrorist threat against our interests requires our involvement world wide.

    Here is a FACT for you; in order to do what you suggest, building a wall around America, our side would have to be correct 100% of the time and have the capability to prevent it. They only have to be right once, or twice or even perhaps three times out of the thousands of attempts they make.

    The notion that we do not have to involve ourselves in the part of the world where the terrorists originate requires a naďve and willful denial that defies logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    I'm not here to argue with you. I'm here to tell you there are better ways.
    Your notion of what is better is beyond simplistic; it is the same dangerous and absurd notions this inexperienced President has and will only lead to future deaths of Americans and many others who are our allies.

  3. #73
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Alas, you cannot provide one single shred of evidence of the innocence of these thugs. Again, almost all of them were captured in battles with US troops. DER.

    Once again you fabricate your own version of the historic record in a vacuum of the facts. I would love you to attempt to PROVE this claim with credible evidence rather than boring us with more of your typical “because you say so’s.”
    First of all. I must reiterate to you that the US does not work on the idea that I have to prove someone's innocence before they are cleared to be tortured. Really though, did you just ask me to prove a detainees innocence in order to justify my position that US torture is wrong?

    And as for the proof you ask regarding my farcical claim that people are dying that wouldn't have otherwise died...I give you this. It is real. Real men, women and children. Dead. Not alive. Unable to vote. Unable to debate politics. Actual people. Dead.

    WARNING GRAPHIC LINK: Salon.com Mobile
    and so it goes...

  4. #74
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    cool pics

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  5. #75
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    cool pics
    You are sick. You are ignorant.
    and so it goes...

  6. #76
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,023

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    I wonder what the casualty numbers are for civilians from askew drone strikes and civilians caught up by suicide bombers. And how many are both.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  7. #77
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    We can't forget about crossfire, "Shock and Awe," bombing entire restaurants for one person etc.
    and so it goes...

  8. #78
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    I wonder what the casualty numbers are for civilians from askew drone strikes and civilians caught up by suicide bombers. And how many are both.
    apparently they are all blamed on the US military
    100s of 1,000s of slaughtered children in their beds or playgrounds

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  9. #79
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    apparently they are all blamed on the US military
    100s of 1,000s of slaughtered children in their beds or playgrounds
    I don't care who you want to blame. I just want it to stop.
    and so it goes...

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    I wonder what the casualty numbers are for civilians from askew drone strikes and civilians caught up by suicide bombers. And how many are both.
    I always wonder why Liberals think that US soldiers are the problem and not the terrorists who are trying to force their views on all of us through violence; could you please shed some light on that.

    Oh, one other question; why is it that you so willingly fall for the terrorist propaganda of hiding amongst civilians causing their deaths so they can blame our soldiers for their deaths?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •