Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 102

Thread: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

  1. #61
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Are there no free thinkers or have the princes already swayed not only your thoughts but your tongues as well. Do we need to revisit John Adams disortation on cannon and feudal law 1768 to put the power of these new princes into perspective.
    and so it goes...

  2. #62
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I keep seeing this "rule of law" argument; yet cannot seem to find any credible evidence of the CIA or the military having broken laws in their interrogation efforts other than a few isolated cases where abuse did occur and the perps were prosecuted for it.

    Apparently you are studying law in an education system that breeds economic and legal ignorance.

    But do not worry, the terrorists are cheering the efforts to divine rights for them and desperately attempt to impugn the very Government and employees in that Government that attempted to protect you from them.
    You don't see evidence other than a few cases. Hmm so there is evidence there.

    I'm studying law based on the actual laws of our country and past precedence. Waterboarding is torture its illegal so is the threat of death during interrogation. I posted the definition of torture under US Law. The CIA report shows that the conditions were met for torture under US Law. Again your position is based out of irrational feelings and not on the basis of the law itself. I'd say you're taking the liberal position here.

    Thus far from you I've seen rhetoric based out of base fears and not based out of anything logical and just shows a loss of control on your part.

    Just admit it this has nothing to do with fighting terror but your feel for the need to have revenge. Stop beating around the bush.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    Are there no free thinkers or have the princes already swayed not only your thoughts but your tongues as well. Do we need to revisit John Adams disortation on cannon and feudal law 1768 to put the power of these new princes into perspective.
    No "princes" have swayed my thoughts, I can assure you. Just stay on topic.

  4. #64
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    No "princes" have swayed my thoughts, I can assure you. Just stay on topic.
    Where have I swayed from topic?

    Unless you can tell me why we should have spent millions to investigate a blow job on tax payer dollars, but ignore CIA misconduct to the point of dehumanization of "unlawful combatants," along with the unconstitutional tapping of domestic phone lines, I will continue to state that the information you have chosen to arm yourself with is foolish and unsubstantiated.
    and so it goes...

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    Where have I swayed from topic?
    Your nonsensical tangent about princes and John Adams.

    Unless you can tell me why we should have spent millions to investigate a blow job on tax payer dollars, but ignore CIA misconduct to the point of dehumanization of "unlawful combatants," along with the unconstitutional tapping of domestic phone lines, I will continue to state that the information you have chosen to arm yourself with is foolish and unsubstantiated.
    What information are you referring to?

  6. #66
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    The topic is rights and responsibilities. The former is a guarantee of the creator to one living in a natural state such as when Adam and Eve got kicked out of Eden. However the latter is a willingness to give up or to accept that when in society there is a need for the greater good not just my personal good. In days of old the roman prince directed the thoughts and will for salvation. Martin Luther changed that by writing and printing the bible in common language for all people not just the prince and his Romish guard. Now in present day we have princes with as much zeal as the old, dictating thought with hope enough they will not find for themselves what is available. And as in the old it is still a covenant of works with reward of nothing.

    In the posts prior, you will find a mass of opinion stating torture is fine, and no investigating is necessary. They certainly do not believe such with empirical evidences, or by the true words of our forefathers.

    They believe this because Glenn Beck says so. Because Rush Limbaugh says so. Because Newt Gingrich says so. I'm just asking that people start thinking with their own minds, not by the ammo provided by our "new princes."

    I don't even need an education to know torture under ANY circumstances is un-American and repulsive. No matter by whom: Christians, troops, Bush, CIA, Obama or otherwise. If we feel the need to investigate a blow job, we should investigate the dehumanization of anyone. SUSPECT terrorists included. Eye for and eye doesn't apply in America. That should not even be debated.
    and so it goes...

  7. #67
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,663
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Enough liberal rhetoric.
    And enough conservative rhetoric.

    Let's at least make an attempt to be consistent.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    You don't see evidence other than a few cases. Hmm so there is evidence there.

    I'm studying law based on the actual laws of our country and past precedence. Waterboarding is torture its illegal so is the threat of death during interrogation. I posted the definition of torture under US Law. The CIA report shows that the conditions were met for torture under US Law. Again your position is based out of irrational feelings and not on the basis of the law itself. I'd say you're taking the liberal position here.

    Thus far from you I've seen rhetoric based out of base fears and not based out of anything logical and just shows a loss of control on your part.

    Just admit it this has nothing to do with fighting terror but your feel for the need to have revenge. Stop beating around the bush.
    That is too funny.

  9. #69
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    That is too funny.
    Come now your posts thus far in this thread have been based on feelings and not on the reality of the situation

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA report has new details of prisoner abuse

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    The protections have already been "divined." The law is the law. And again, many of these KILLERS are suspect. Many of them in fact innocent...
    Alas, you cannot provide one single shred of evidence of the innocence of these thugs. Again, almost all of them were captured in battles with US troops. DER.


    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    I am talking about the people who never dealt with a terrorist. The family eating at a restaurant blown up by the US because they thought MAYBE Saddam was there. The kids caught in crossfire. The Father taken to Guantanamo because he was forced by a terrorist to pick up a rifle or his wife will be raped and murdered.
    How delightful, we have moved from hyperbolic nonsense to outright fabrication now. It truly is getting hard to take anything you fabricate seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    No they don't. It is nowhere near implied. There is no excuse - however, if you are convinced it is the job of the US to stop such atrocities, we should bomb Indonesia, Pakistan, and at least a dozen other countries if it is truly your goal to stop such atrocities.
    Where has anyone ever made the argument that what is happening in Afghanistan or Iraq has to do with atrocities and what does this have to do with your farcical claims that the deaths of innocent Afghans and Iraqis is out fault and not the fault of the despicable tactics of the terrorist thugs who apparently have no qualms blowing up innocents at mosques, schools and markets?

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    I am entirely serious here. It is not a farcical claim to say many more innocent lives have been lost in the years after Saddam than when Saddam was in power. And I am not blaming the troops. They did not decide to go to war.
    Once again you fabricate your own version of the historic record in a vacuum of the facts. I would love you to attempt to PROVE this claim with credible evidence rather than boring us with more of your typical “because you say so’s.”

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    It was "a HUGE bi-partisan decision to go to war" based on FALSE premises of such "facts" like their massive munitions depots of WMD's, their ability to make a nuke within 2 years, and an unproven link of Saddam to Al Queda.
    I see that you still have not read the Joint Resolution which is typical among Liberals who continue to fabricate their own version of events in a vacuum of the facts. Here is a copy, read it and become informed. The document contains over 1,800 words and only 200+ are devoted to the debate on WMDs.

    http://www.c-span.org/resources/pdf/hjres114.pdf

    But of course, Liberals love to focus on nukes rather than the WMDs that Saddam used and manufactured to gas hundreds of thousands.

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    If I sound like nonsense to you, my time here is done.
    Well, carry on then.
    Last edited by Truth Detector; 08-26-09 at 02:01 PM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •