1. It's becoming obvious that Obama can't take responsibility for ANYTHING
2. Now he's blaming HIS failures on the little party with 40 (LOL!) senators and just over 170 congressfolks
3. Ms Speakeress just TODAY said, "it's very clear there's no way" a bill minus a public option can pass her place
4. While on the other side of the SAME PARTY, Kent Conrad, Baucus' ball handler for the blue half of the overworked Ubiquitous Six, declared equally clearly---there's no way any piece WITH the option could ever clear Upper House
5. The dems are openly engaged in civil war
6. And the party LEADER blames THAT on the insignificant little GOP
8. Another brightly vivid FAILURE of leadership
9. Which is exactly WHY the party is spinning apart
11. Just last weekend, the White House signaled its willingness to back off the problematical option
12. But on Monday, it took that back
13. And by Tuesday, it was on again, except it was off, the language hadn't changed, Gibbs condescended, tho the signs had been there for weeks
15. TODAY, leadership floated yet another rough draft---they'll use the NUCLEAR OPTION (senate reconciliation) to pass only those most PUBLIC parts of the plan, the govt takeover stuff
16. While the more POPULAR provisions, like portability and pre-existing conditions, will be put before the entire Senate assembled
17. Thus, instead of "public option" or "no public option," the White House will simply SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE
New Rx for Health Plan: Split Bill - WSJ.com
19. Why did it take til the END OF AUGUST to come up with THAT?
20. And just how long will THIS resolve last?
21. They're trying to kill my bill, Obama bawled, they don't want me to win so significant a political victory
22. It's always all about HIM
23. He's blamed insurance companies, greedy doctors, honest old folks who've given up parts of their summers to attend town hall meetings...
24. And now it's reporters "who are following every little twist and turn" of this incompetent president's INCOHERENT effort to reform 16% of the US economy
25. Poor little president, everyone's always picking on him
26. He's flakier than Brett Favre
Obama: GOP conspiracy out to kill health reform - Washington Times
President Obama took to the conservative airwaves Thursday to charge that Republican leaders are engaged in a vast right-wing conspiracy to kill health care reform in order to repeat the 1994 mid-term takeover of Congress, which followed the defeat of President Clinton's reform plan.
"I think early on, a decision was made by the Republican leadership that said, 'Look, let's not give him a victory, maybe we can have a replay of 1993, '94, when Clinton came in, he failed on health care and then we won in the mid-term elections and we got the majority. And I think there are some folks who are taking a page out that playbook," the president said.
Appearing on the Michael Smerconish radio show, Mr. Obama said he would "love to have more Republicans engaged and involved in this process," but he vowed to win the battle, with or without support from the minority party in Congress.
"I guarantee you, Joe, we are going to get health care reform done," he said to one caller. "I know there are a lot of people out there who've been handwringing, and folks in the press are following every little twist and turn of the legislative process, but having a big bill like this is always messy."