Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 301

Thread: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

  1. #221
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    He says he was "Pressed" to do so, which is a crime. He was never "Directed" to meanuing "Ordered" to....but "Pressed" to is still a felony, regardless of the word game you are trying to play. It depends on what your definition of Is ..Is!

    & thanks....I did just come back from the gym.


    Hatch Act Violations:
    Ask.com Search Engine - Better Web Search

    These federal and D.C. employees may not-

    * use official authority or influence to interfere with an election

    engage in political activity while:

    * on duty
    * in a government office
    and you expect an indictment based on the allegations of the publisher?
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    and you expect an indictment based on the allegations of the publisher?
    I made my case. If you refuse to read my words correctly...that is your problem.

  3. #223
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    He says he was "Pressed" to do so, which is a crime. He was never "Directed" to meanuing "Ordered" to....but "Pressed" to is still a felony, regardless of the word game you are trying to play.
    If anything at all he was given advice in the face of a credible threat. He disagreed with the threat and didn't raise the level. That is not pressure. If his job was threatened at any time you may have a point. He wasn't.

    It depends on what your definition of Is ..Is!
    And seriously, quit this. It makes people think you're half retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    If anything at all he was given advice in the face of a credible threat. He disagreed with the threat and didn't raise the level. That is not pressure.
    Ridge disagrees with you. He said he was "Pressed" to do it & that, my friend is a clear violation of the Hatch Act.
    If anyone sounds retarded here, it is you trying to torture English & logic.
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-30-09 at 10:53 PM.

  5. #225
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Ridge disagrees with you. He said he was "Pressed" to do it & that, my friend is a violation of the Hatch Act.
    Can you give a full quote? All the quotes the article contains that talk about being pressured come from the publisher's summary rather than from Ridge

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    Can you give a full quote? All the quotes the article contains that talk about being pressured come from the publisher's summary rather than from Ridge
    No one can give a full quote until the book comes out. The link on page 1 of this thread gives a pretty clear indication of what Ridge is alleging & I haven't heard him deny it so........You'll just have to wait for the book to come out for it's full text.

    Prediction:

    No matter what Ridge's full words happen to be, some members here will prtend his words mean what they want them to mean.

  7. #227
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Ridge disagrees with you. He said he was "Pressed" to do it & that, my friend is a clear violation of the Hatch Act.
    If anyone sounds retarded here, it is you trying to torture English & logic.
    Accept he never said he was pressed. When you're going to say something you need to use his actual words. Especially if you're going to put it in quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  8. #228
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    No one can give a full quote until the book comes out. The link on page 1 of this thread gives a pretty clear indication of what Ridge is alleging & I haven't heard him deny it so........You'll just have to wait for the book to come out for it's full text.
    That's complete bull**** and you know it. I've shown you time and time again how Ridge has denied it. You refuse to admit it because it completely demolishes the point you're struggling to hold on to.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  9. #229
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    If you don't have any quotes from Ridge, are you basing your entire argument on the publishers summary? If not, what are you basing it on?

    Furthermore, isn't this a denial by ridge?

    "Let me make it very clear. I was never directed to do so no matter how many analysts, pundits or critics say so."
    Last edited by Kernel Sanders; 08-30-09 at 11:42 PM.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    If you don't have any quotes from Ridge, are you basing your entire argument on the publishers summary? If not, what are you basing it on?

    Furthermore, isn't this a denial by ridge?

    "Let me make it very clear. I was never directed to do so no matter how many analysts, pundits or critics say so."
    Never DIRECTED (ordered) but he was "Pressed" which is a felony. I'm done. You guys are terrible debaters. You may as well speak swahili.

    Ungawa...Mambasa


    Cya at the trial

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •