Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 301

Thread: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    That isn't a quote from Ridge. This is the second time you declined. This whole thread is based on a false premise.
    The book isn't out yet but, unless the book publisher is lying, Ridge said it alright.

    "Ridge, a former Republican governor of Pennsylvania, says that he refused the entreaty just before the election from Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Attorney General John Ashcroft, according to a summary of the book from publisher Thomas Dunne Books."

  2. #172
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    The book isn't out yet but, unless the book publisher is lying, Ridge said it alright.

    "Ridge, a former Republican governor of Pennsylvania, says that he refused the entreaty just before the election from Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Attorney General John Ashcroft, according to a summary of the book from publisher Thomas Dunne Books."
    According to people who want to sell more books.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    I've always hated that statement. It's completely ridiculous. The problem with this case is they don't have any credible evidence.
    If you aren't a member of the grand jury, your opinions are totally meaningless...so why even tell us??

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    According to people who want to sell more books.
    So you are claiming the book publisher is lying? (what do YOU think the book is really about?.........How to knit sweaters?)

  5. #175
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    So you are claiming the book publisher is lying? (what do YOU think the book is really about?.........How to knit sweaters?)
    Well, judging by the title The Test of Our Times: America Under Siege ... And How We Can Be Safe Again I'd say it's about protecting America from terrorist attacks. I don't know, what do you think it's about chief? How to be a dick?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  6. #176
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    If you aren't a member of the grand jury, your opinions are totally meaningless...so why even tell us??
    Aww, so only yourself and the Grand Jury get to decide and no one else may have an opinion based upon the testimony of the other people involved with the decision. Stop trying to grind your political ax with this, it's not going to accomplish anything. Perhaps you should go play in the conspiracy forum and try and prove that Bush stole the election as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  7. #177
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    So you are claiming the book publisher is lying? (what do YOU think the book is really about?.........How to knit sweaters?)
    The premise of this thread was debunked in posts #59 and #68. You either missed it or ignored it. What Ridge said and what the publishers said contradict each other.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    I don't know, what do you think it's about chief? How to be a dick?
    No....I think Tom Ridge is a credible..honest Republican who was disgusted by the Bush administration's attempt to use his important agency for cheap political purposes....in violation of many U.S. laws.

  9. #179
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by RightOfCenter View Post
    Aww, so only yourself and the Grand Jury get to decide and no one else may have an opinion based upon the testimony of the other people involved with the decision. Stop trying to grind your political ax with this, it's not going to accomplish anything. Perhaps you should go play in the conspiracy forum and try and prove that Bush stole the election as well?
    Seriously, this should be in the Conspiracy Forum. Can a mod move this thread please?
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  10. #180
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    No....I think Tom Ridge is a credible..honest Republican who was disgusted by the Bush administration's attempt to use his important agency for cheap political purposes....in violation of many U.S. laws.
    Tom Ridge:
    ""Let me make it very clear. I was never directed to do so no matter how many analysts, pundits or critics say so.""
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •