Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 301

Thread: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    Even if it actually happened it still wouldnt've been illegal.
    I beg to differ & think a smart U.S. Atty could probably find many creative criminal violations to charge them with. Violations of the Hatch Act, conspiracy violations & others jump to kind.

  2. #122
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I never mentioned anything about a sitting President. Nixon had run like the thief he was.... & GW Bush & Cheney are (Thankfully) no longer in office, so whether they were impeached or not has no bearing on whether criminal charges can now be brought against them.
    My apologies, I assumed that you were given your bit about how they should have been removed in 2006.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I beg to differ & think a smart U.S. Atty could probably find many creative criminal violations to charge them with. Violations of the Hatch Act, conspiracy violations & others jump to kind.
    The fact that someone could come up with creative charges doesn't make them good charges.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    My apologies, I assumed that you were given your bit about how they should have been removed in 2006.
    No problem.



    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    The fact that someone could come up with creative charges doesn't make them good charges.
    It does if 12 of your neighbors think they are good.

  4. #124
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Who in this thread has suggested that Ridge lied?
    Irrelevant. I did not say anything about anyone in this thread, specifically. Do try to keep up!
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #125
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I wasn't trying to specify the terrorist alert level at the time of the election, but more the approach the Bush campaign took to get re-elected. Things like saying that only Bush will keep America safe, and all of the other bull**** that the American people ate up.
    Would you please point out the terrorist attacks on US soil after 9/11?

    Maybe it's true, only Bush could keep us safe... everyone knows Libs are very weak on defence.

  6. #126
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Would you please point out the terrorist attacks on US soil after 9/11?

    Maybe it's true, only Bush could keep us safe... everyone knows Libs are very weak on defence.
    No terrorist attacks on US soil after 9/11 is a meaningless statement. Without knowing why, we have no way of knowing who to give credit to. I suppose we can give Bush credit for only one big terrorist attack on US soil, but that is hardly worth glowing praise.

    And then we get to the "every one knows" argument. What every one knows is, somehow, wrong a surprising amount of the time, as it is in this case. Remember, it was a republican who came up with the phrase "peace dividend".

  7. #127
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No terrorist attacks on US soil after 9/11 is a meaningless statement. Without knowing why, we have no way of knowing who to give credit to. I suppose we can give Bush credit for only one big terrorist attack on US soil, but that is hardly worth glowing praise.
    Maybe they just decided to take an extended vacation.

    And then we get to the "every one knows" argument. What every one knows is, somehow, wrong a surprising amount of the time, as it is in this case. Remember, it was a republican who came up with the phrase "peace dividend".
    On Sunday, Democratic delegates convening in Denver were prayed over by representatives of various faiths. One stood out: Ingrid Mattson, president of the Islamic Society of North America. With this choice, Barak Obama's campaign has committed a strategic error of the first order.

    After all, the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) has been identified by the Department of Justice not only as a front for the Muslim Brotherhood - a global Islamist movement with the stated mission in America of "destroying Western civilization from within." Worse yet, it has also been named as an unindicted co-conspirator in the United States' largest alleged terrorism financing conspiracy.

    Like other Brotherhood operations, ISNA's purpose is to promote what might be called "soft jihad" - the task of steadily insinuating the brutally repressive and subversive program the Islamists call Shariah through da'wa, proselytizing and social networking.

    The more one learns about Dr. Mattson and her organization, the more questions will be raised about Barak Obama's judgment and that of his party in affording them a prominent role in the 2008 Democratic convention. For example:
    The Democrats 'Soft' Jihadist

    PHOENIX — Democratic presidential candidate Joe Lieberman (search) unleashed a torrent of attacks Wednesday, but this time, not all were directed at President Bush.

    Much of the Connecticut senator's ire was aimed at his top rivals.

    "The anti-tax-cut, soft-on-defense, big-spending Democrats will take the Democratic Party to the edge and maybe over," Lieberman told Fox News while campaigning at a state-of-the-art job training center in Phoenix
    FOXNews.com - Lieberman Calls Dem Opponents Soft Spendthrifts - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

    After all, Democrats’ “soft on defense” image played a key role in driving millions of blue collar voters (as well as a small but influential band of Cold War liberals later called neoconservatives) into the GOP’s arms. With the possible exception of race, no issue did more to perpetuate the Republican near-stranglehold on the White House—which began in 1968 and seems to have ended in 2008.
    Democratic Strategist

    I could go on for hours, but I think I've made my point.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Were we getting attacks every single day before 9/11? Maybe we were getting them weekly? Monthly? No? Because to my knowledge large scale attacks on U.S. soil by foreign terrorist are rare occurrences. So rare in fact that most people could name at least the last 4 or 5 and have intervals of 5-10 years between them.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 08-27-09 at 08:22 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #129
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Excellent job of not proving your point, nor refuting mine.

  10. #130
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,388

    Re: Ridge accuses Bush White House of political use of terror alert system

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Would you please point out the terrorist attacks on US soil after 9/11?
    That's a double edged sword for an argument. The rabbit hole goes very deep.

    Maybe it's true, only Bush could keep us safe... everyone knows Libs are very weak on defence.
    No, it's not "true." How many terrorist attacks have there been on U.S. soil since Barack Obama has been President? Well then....there you go...Libs are very strong on national security and defense.
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •