Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

  1. #1
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Extremists struck at the Iraqi Government with a wave of bombings and mortar attacks, killing at least 95 people and injuring more than 560 and raising new doubts about the withdrawal of US soldiers from the country.

    The bombings were directed against the main centres of power, including the ministries of finance, foreign affairs, health, education and housing, as well as the parliament and cabinet buildings.

    A lorry packed with explosives that went off within 30ft of the Foreign Ministry is reported to have killed up to 59 people and injured 250. The ministry’s compound wall was flattened and the ten-storey building all but destroyed. Cars and buildings in the vicinity were devastated and houses five miles away were shaken
    US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad - Times Online


    Gee... wasn't that one of Bush's big concerns, if we leave too soon, the country will get hammered by violence... oh look, PBO rushed out and ... gasp!
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #2
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    What?? No commentary on this story??
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #3
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    What?? No commentary on this story??
    What's to say? It was easily predictable, just like the sun coming up each morning.

    Gosh, isn't Barry a genius?… It’s so nice to have such an articulate man in the White House.

    [/sarcasm]

  4. #4
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad - Times Online


    Gee... wasn't that one of Bush's big concerns, if we leave too soon, the country will get hammered by violence... oh look, PBO rushed out and ... gasp!
    When will you neocons ever figure out that it is not our calling to police the world. We should have never been in there in the first place and we have no business being there now. Period.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #5
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    When will you neocons ever figure out that it is not our calling to police the world. We should have never been in there in the first place and we have no business being there now. Period.
    Get your prayer rug cleaned... with your attitude you're going to need it.

  6. #6
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    When will you neocons ever figure out that it is not our calling to police the world. We should have never been in there in the first place and we have no business being there now. Period.
    That is your opinion of the situation.

    Thus, I would assume the reason that "neocons" (or more precisely, those who disagree with your position, classified as "neocons" by you) can't "figure out" what you describe because it's not a matter of "figuring out" anything.

    They just don't agree with your opinion.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #7
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,354

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    When will you neocons ever figure out that it is not our calling to police the world. We should have never been in there in the first place and we have no business being there now. Period.
    If we leave, without completing the mission, we'll have to go right back. Just like we did in 2003 when we went back to Iraq after leaving things half finished in 91. Just like we went back to Afghanistan after ****ing up the end game in the 80's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #8
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    That is your opinion of the situation.

    Thus, I would assume the reason that "neocons" (or more precisely, those who disagree with your position, classified as "neocons" by you) can't "figure out" what you describe because it's not a matter of "figuring out" anything.

    They just don't agree with your opinion.
    They are called "neocons" not because they disagree with my position, but because they believe in an imperialist agenda of invading countries and trying to convert them to our system of "Democracy". There are a lot of people who I disagree with that are not neo-cons. I don't throw the word around willy-nilly, only where applicable to the situation.

    The reality is, there was no reason for us to go into Iraq, other than the fact that Rumsfield and Cheney had been trying to do so for decades.
    The way they manipulated Bush to use 911 to manipulate the public to justify their agenda is unforgiveable in that they used our military men and women as play pieces in their "games".

    The United States is not the "policer" of the world. We have no business in Iraq now and never have. The sooner we realize that and leave, the better.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #9
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If we leave, without completing the mission, we'll have to go right back. Just like we did in 2003 when we went back to Iraq after leaving things half finished in 91. Just like we went back to Afghanistan after ****ing up the end game in the 80's.
    and what is "the mission". To promote the imperialist ideals of the neo-cons?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #10
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    They are called "neocons" not because they disagree with my position, but because they believe in an imperialist agenda of invading countries and trying to convert them to our system of "Democracy". There are a lot of people who I disagree with that are not neo-cons. I don't throw the word around willy-nilly, only where applicable to the situation.

    The reality is, there was no reason for us to go into Iraq, other than the fact that Rumsfield and Cheney had been trying to do so for decades.
    The way they manipulated Bush to use 911 to manipulate the public to justify their agenda is unforgiveable in that they used our military men and women as play pieces in their "games".

    The United States is not the "policer" of the world. We have no business in Iraq now and never have. The sooner we realize that and leave, the better.
    Not much on "National Security"... are you.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •