Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

  1. #11
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    and what is "the mission". To promote the imperialist ideals of the neo-cons?
    Last I heard we killed 20,000 jihadist in Iraq.... better there than here.

    Guess I'm one of those "not in my backyard" type people.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    When will you neocons ever figure out that it is not our calling to police the world. We should have never been in there in the first place and we have no business being there now. Period.
    Up to the point of boots on the ground, your argument had merit.

    Once our men and women started to die over there, their lives are not to be tossed aside for political gain...

    But you don't care about their lives, if they died, were maimed... lost friends now for nothing because we tucked tail and ran.

    Nope, it's "WOO HOO POLITICAL GAIN!!!"

    Makes me sick reading people so callous towards the sacrifices of our troops wasted.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #13
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Not much on "National Security"... are you.
    I am when it actually has something to do with our National Security.

    Oh...that's right....Did you buy into that Bush Administration link between 911 and Iraq?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #14
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Up to the point of boots on the ground, your argument had merit.

    Once our men and women started to die over there, their lives are not to be tossed aside for political gain...

    But you don't care about their lives, if they died, were maimed... lost friends now for nothing because we tucked tail and ran.

    Nope, it's "WOO HOO POLITICAL GAIN!!!"

    Makes me sick reading people so callous towards the sacrifices of our troops wasted.

    Thats where you are completely wrong.

    Caring about them, their lives...their limbs means caring about why they are there in the first place.

    It makes me sick when I read about people who are so callous towards the lives of our troops that they care not at all about the lies and the manipulation that were promulgated to use them to advance an agenda such as this.
    When you justify their actions, you are as guilty as they in playing with our soldiers lives like they are checkers on a checkboard. Sad
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #15
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I am when it actually has something to do with our National Security.

    Oh...that's right....Did you buy into that Bush Administration link between 911 and Iraq?
    No... I bought into that myth about Islamic jihadists being dangerous.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Thats where you are completely wrong.

    Caring about them, their lives...their limbs means caring about why they are there in the first place.

    It makes me sick when I read about people who are so callous towards the lives of our troops that they care not at all about the lies and the manipulation that were promulgated to use them to advance an agenda such as this.
    When you justify their actions, you are as guilty as they in playing with our soldiers lives like they are checkers on a checkboard. Sad
    Dude, once they are in combat, and dying, you have no moral ground to demand those lost lives be wasted for nothing.

    End of story, you, and people like you are why Al-Quada propaganda is basically "Just kill enough of them and wait it out, they'll turn tail and run home!! American's are soft!"
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #17
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    No... I bought into that myth about Islamic jihadists being dangerous.
    If that were true than why would you justify us taking our eyes off of those who ACTUALLY attacked us and support and administration who lied and manipulated the public fear from 911 to justify an attack that Rumsfield and Cheney had been planning for years?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #18
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Dude, once they are in combat, and dying, you have no moral ground to demand those lost lives be wasted for nothing.

    End of story, you, and people like you are why Al-Quada propaganda is basically "Just kill enough of them and wait it out, they'll turn tail and run home!! American's are soft!"
    Sorry....but I'm not a "prime the pump" kinda guy like you are suggesting. Well....since they've killed 1000 of our soliders we have to sacrifice more to justify those who died even though we shouldn't have been there in the first place.

    That rationale makes absolutely no sense.

    (P.S....the actual Al-Qaeda propoganda is "Join us, the United States is evil and believes that they are the controllers of the world, just look at their imperialistic actions that they continue to take...." it is THAT idiotic foreign policy agenda that has put us all at risk.
    Last edited by disneydude; 08-20-09 at 07:03 PM.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #19
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    They are called "neocons" not because they disagree with my position, but because they believe in an imperialist agenda of invading countries and trying to convert them to our system of "Democracy". There are a lot of people who I disagree with that are not neo-cons. I don't throw the word around willy-nilly, only where applicable to the situation.
    Perhaps.

    And perhaps you are attributing thoughts to others which they do not think.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The reality is, there was no reason for us to go into Iraq, other than the fact that Rumsfield and Cheney had been trying to do so for decades.
    The way they manipulated Bush to use 911 to manipulate the public to justify their agenda is unforgivable in that they used our military men and women as play pieces in their "games".
    Some would disagree with your statement.

    As I said, it is your opinion. It may be backed up with facts, but facts are simply a way to support an opinion...and they can be twisted to fit specific views.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The United States is not the "policer" of the world. We have no business in Iraq now and never have. The sooner we realize that and leave, the better.
    This statement is perhaps true.

    But some may disagree with you.

    Others may say that the "the USA is not the police of the world" argument does not apply to this situation.

    It is a matter of opinion.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #20
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: US pullout in doubt after day of slaughter on streets of Baghdad

    Actually, they're called "neo-conservatives" because they used to be liberals, Marxists even, but they turned conservative. Hence, they were new (neo) conservatives.

    But, I'm fully aware that people don't know that, and some think it just sounds like "neo-Nazi," so it must mean the same thing.

    Of course, for still OTHERS, it's just a derogatory code word for "Jew."
    Last edited by Harshaw; 08-20-09 at 07:40 PM.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •