Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 115

Thread: FACT CHECK: Health overhaul myths taking root

  1. #31
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health overhaul myths taking root

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    We need to move past this notion of rationing.

    Market allocation according to price is tantamount to rationing. There, it has been said. Regardless of what Congress does and does not do we will have rationing, going by the strictest interpretation of the term.

    We have rationing today. We will have rationing tomorrow.
    You're right. But, what's the standard going to be? What's the cut off if you have pancreatic cancer? Will you be cut off at 50? 60? What's the cut off for kidney dialisis? In the UK it's 60. What about HIV treatment? Hepititus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health overhaul myths taking root

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Saying that abortions will be paid for only by private premiums, when the system will be (in no trivial part) subsidized by the government is absolutely idiotic. It's like saying that we're going to pass the stimulus, but it won't come out of your tax dollars. It's all coming out of and going into the same place.
    Am I remembering incorrectly, or didn't the courts decide that medicade had to cover abortions in certain circumstances?

    The bill currently going around doesn't specifically deny coverage for abortions but we know,based on past history, that the courts will step into this and the insurance will cover abortions - at least in some cirumstances.

  3. #33
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health overhaul myths taking root

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    If it specifically denies illegal aliens, how will 20 some million of the 47 million people without insurance that Obama keeps saying "will be covered by this bill" get insurance?

    Or does Obama himself need some fact checking?
    That's another fact that the Libbos seem to leave off. Of the 47 million without insurance, 21 million are uninsured voluntarily and 15 million are illegal aliens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #34
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health overhaul myths taking root

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    If it specifically denies illegal aliens, how will 20 some million of the 47 million people without insurance that Obama keeps saying "will be covered by this bill" get insurance?

    Or does Obama himself need some fact checking?
    I am not following the question. Could you expand on it a bit?

  5. #35
    Advisor LennyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    East coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    393

    Caution Re: FACT CHECK: Health overhaul myths taking root

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I think it's quite telling how the followers can tell us what's not going on, but don't have a clue about what is going on.

    I honestly believe that even those making the proposal, and writing them as well are not able to explain what they are really writing or attempting to do either.

    Health care just like so many other areas or industries in America could use to improve in many ways, but just like a surgeon would not stitch a stab wound without first correcting the underlying damage caused to the internal organs any attempt to stitch or band aid the problems with health care will still result in the death of the patient.

    This quick fix method of throwing money at problems while ignoring the real problems and fundamentals of the true causes that both parties are guilty of (sure to differing degrees, but neither political "gang" is without guilt on this) is part of what is ruining this country from the local municipal level straight on up to the white house.

    We all see it though we may not notice or even deny what we see in various forms of wasting tax dollars on everything from private contractors and no bid awards to keep busy work and padding the ranks of government workers to insane levels. Sure some will counter this helps to keep people working, but just the very fact that the only safe positions are with the countries most dysfunctional employer (govt) shows there is a very serious underlying problem.

    Has anyone even considered that the pressures of economic losses and years of a totally out of control imbalance of imports that have downsized some entire industries and even eliminated others have not had a part in what has created the problems in health care as well?

    Seriously just consider the desired income of many health care professionals, and then that of their typical patient and it becomes obvious that there is just not enough time in the day to see enough patients, or enough dollars in the pockets of many patients to make things work properly. You just can not make a million dollars a year seeing ten or twenty patients a day 3-4 days a week when they can barely afford $20 or $50 for a visit. The numbers just do not add up.

    With so much of our way of life being supported by the introduction of years of products being imported from much less fortunate countries where our corporations and even government has prospered from increased revenues due to insanely low labor rates which in turn has held back the progress of our own citizens from reduced domestic manufacturing and the resulting job losses and reduced incomes that can not compare to the reduced costs of these items over the ones made domestically that most could not even afford today.

    Fortunately the solution is not as difficult as the problem since what really needs to be done is to get back to the fundamentals that made this country the world leader in the first place, but getting there and causing those profiting and benefiting from the current overall mess will not likely be as simple (I suspect the money and power will need to be pulled from their stiff fingers lol).

    I believe the Constitution addresses much of the ways things need to be done again, and reversing the power and wealth back to the people and away from the government would pretty much start putting things back on track, and then the other issues would be much more easily corrected, health care included.

    No myths there my friends, and the real answers are going to have to come from the pubic because everyone else is way too happy with the way it is now, and what they are proposing.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
    Albert Einstein


    **Question Everything**

  6. #36
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health overhaul myths taking root

    Its all too obvious that the group of "usual suspects" has taken a page from their dear and beloved idol GWB: "If you tell lies enough times, perhaps there are some people out there guillable enough to believe you....so repeat repeat repeat".

    How you guys can continue to lie with a straight face when the facts are right before your eyes is truly amazing.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #37
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health overhaul myths taking root

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Its all too obvious that the group of "usual suspects" has taken a page from their dear and beloved idol GWB: "If you tell lies enough times, perhaps there are some people out there guillable enough to believe you....so repeat repeat repeat".

    How you guys can continue to lie with a straight face when the facts are right before your eyes is truly amazing.
    Fighting false health care claims, Obama repeats one of his own | McClatchy

    President Barack Obama participated in a scripted online discussion of his health care overhaul with a friendly audience of religious voters and pastors Wednesday. It ended with him bemoaning those who bear "false witness" against his plans and then making a claim of his own that's been widely shown to be false
    He said the first thing he wanted to correct was the idea that the proposed overhaul would force some people into different health care plans. "If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan," he said, repeating one of his stock lines.

    That's not true, however, according to FactCheck.org, an independent truth squad run by the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania.
    Damn those pesky liars!

  8. #38
    Advisor LennyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    East coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    393

    mad Re: FACT CHECK: Health overhaul myths taking root

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Its all too obvious that the group of "usual suspects" has taken a page from their dear and beloved idol GWB: "If you tell lies enough times, perhaps there are some people out there guillable enough to believe you....so repeat repeat repeat".

    How you guys can continue to lie with a straight face when the facts are right before your eyes is truly amazing.
    Disdude I almost did not reply to this thought because I know I will not have the time available to fully or quickly respond to the back and forth bickering so popular when someone disagrees with the popular notions of either party or their current propaganda, but this issue is just too large, important, and has the potential to accelerate our countries current trip down the toilet.

    What is really obvious to me is that as you say the "usual suspects" but from both extremes as usual are backing their beliefs and chosen sides, and many without full understanding or taking the time to really look at all the ramifications of the proposed changes, and also all connections between the political parties who have been running things for years and making the mistakes that have lead us to where we are now.

    First thing I take issue with is your "parrot" reference to GWB. This is so popular within the left that it seems no one with ties to it can have a political discussion without throwing in GWB like some kind of new buzz word.

    Sure he and the majority of politicians in federal government during his term made their share of mistakes (some unforgivable), and I am no fan of the many changes made during that time that reduced or watered down our rights (the patriot act etc), but the actions of that administration had very little affect on what is being proposed to completely change how every American receives health care, and even more importantly how the proposed changes will seriously increase the powers of government and it's reach to every last American citizen and every single foot of land of our country.

    Again understand both parties are guilty, and your comment "If you tell lies enough times, perhaps there are some people out there guillable enough to believe you....so repeat repeat repeat" fully applies to both sides of the extremes of politics, and is seemingly continually used to both motivate the base and wrongly confuse the masses of the middle into believing whatever the current BS may be.

    Actually I believe your reference to GWB seriously discredits your post because to anyone who is able to see past the beliefs and propaganda of either party it becomes obvious that there are problems with the proposed changes to the entire health care system, and that the actual underlying causes of the current problems have manifested over many years and countless presidential administrations.

    Just because someone is in support of the current system, or even in support of making some seriously needed changes in health care (and many other areas) does not give anyone the right to use scare and propaganda tactics either in favor of uncontrolled changes or fear of the very same changes.

    When I saw our legislators and news media referring to our fellow citizens as Nazi's, domestic terrorists, and just basically bad Americans for their standing up for their beliefs on this matter it substantiated my fears that the ultimate goal of our leaders is not our health or well being, but that their only concerns were to increase their power and control through manipulation of anything they can, and yes including health care.

    These tactics are not uncommon for the opposing team either (as you accuse), and seem to be very popular in repositioning public opinion, but this does not make it right to use these tactics in any way.

    These tactics and the continued growth of government are actually the issues that should be being debated as it is not only part of the cause of the health care problems that are being attempted to be corrected, but a large part of the majority of changes over the last 50 years or so that have lead us down this slippery slope.

    We need to be debating things like increasing corruption in government and politics, how the public has come to accept this corruption, growth of government and its control over the people, uncontrolled corporate growth created by various party contributions, uncontrolled and even government supported increases in imports, attacks on the constitution and our freedoms, offenses against the first amendment, limiting free speech by introducing politically correct nonsense and false racist claims, encouraged illegal immigration and the benefits allowed them, the reductions in the quality of life from trading the wealth of the working class for imported trinkets and corporate profits, jobs lost to imports and the various small business's and industries that have been eliminated by government control and manipulating the laws, attacks upon our religious freedoms, and a host of issues way to long to type out here that are so much more important while also being part of the underlying cause of the current health care issues.

    I am going to leave it at that and avoid the popular discussions on things like the true amount of the uninsured, the cost of insuring them, fully government run health care, and just which party or side of the spectrum is right or totally full of it because all of this would pretty much work itself out if the previously mentioned conditions were corrected.



    It is up to every one of us to do our due diligence in finding out the facts, and I know things would be much different if more would do this instead of just accepting everything they are told by politicians and the news media.

    I seriously hope we all as Americans can find the strength to stop being fooled by all the hype and propaganda from both ends, stop taking the easy road in blaming a single person or group for our current problem at the forefront, and start taking responsibility for how things have played out due to our looking to our government to just take care of things and denying our responsibilities to being more involved and protecting our great way of life.


    Now go back and read that again (and my previous post above as well lol), and see if you too can see through all the lies, propaganda, and BS that is clouding the issues and find the real problems and the things needed to be done to find true solutions and not just another "Candy Coating" "Feel Good" law change from our misguided legislators.

    Freedom is not free!!
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
    Albert Einstein


    **Question Everything**

  9. #39
    Advisor LennyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    East coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-16 @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    393

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health overhaul myths taking root

    Sorry for the long posts LMFAO

    Guess I type toooooo fast
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
    Albert Einstein


    **Question Everything**

  10. #40
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: FACT CHECK: Health overhaul myths taking root

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You should read the question before you correct the answer.



    Nothing in what you quoted gives the government the power to decide when to stop care for the elderly. It gives the government the ability to decide what is covered and what is not. It's a rather unsubtle difference. Patients will still have the final say as to when to stop treatments, especially if they have living wills.
    And she shoots herself in the foot!!!!!

    How is deciding not to fund treatment any different than not treating "Granny"?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •