Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 89

Thread: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

  1. #1
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    BAGHDAD — Iraqi police and medical officials say that a series of explosions have struck Baghdad, killing at least 58 people and wounding nearly 300 others.

    The attacks in the Iraqi capital started shortly after 10 a.m. on Wednesday, striking near first near the finance ministry in northern Baghdad and then minutes later, near the foreign ministry next to the heavily fortified Green Zone.

    The officials say the deadliest blast was a car bomb explosion near the foreign ministry, which killed dozens and wounded hundreds. The officials say the toll is expected to climb.
    Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300 - Iraq | War | Map - FOXNews.com

    I believed the war was won since 2003!!


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-25-09 @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    669

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Weeeeeeeeeeee, Bush is the devil.

    Not the Islamic assholes killing randomly in Iraq who can not, will not, just consent to the democratic process Bush made happen.

    Bush has had more faith in the Iraqi people than any Islamic fudemantalist has ever had.

  3. #3
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by JW Frogen View Post
    Weeeeeeeeeeee, Bush is the devil.

    Not the Islamic assholes killing randomly in Iraq who can not, will not, just consent to the democratic process Bush made happen.

    Bush has had more faith in the Iraqi people than any Islamic fudemantalist has ever had.
    It shows that you can bomb a country during 5 years, kill its dictator, kill thousands of terrorists and do whatever you want, you can't impose democracy on people who have never had any experience with democracy.

    The day they want a democracy, they'll make their own revolution.

  4. #4
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,566

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Was the very first thing you thought, when you heard of this, "cool! I'm going to post that pic of Bush again!!!"?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #5
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Was the very first thing you thought, when you heard of this, "cool! I'm going to post that pic of Bush again!!!"?
    I hesitated with this one


  6. #6
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    It shows that you can bomb a country during 5 years, kill its dictator, kill thousands of terrorists and do whatever you want, you can't impose democracy on people who have never had any experience with democracy.

    The day they want a democracy, they'll make their own revolution.
    Ever heard of the Oklahoma City bombing? Go home Bub, you're talking out of your ass.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Well, glad you've got such amazing class and tact as to use the death of 50 people to simply spout out yet another "Bush said mission accomplished!" line. Classy Bub.

    But yes, huge voter turnout for the "imposed" democracy that's on them can be ignored...lone acts of a minority of people killing themselves in hopes of intimidating people away from such thing is DEFINITELY a better indication of what the country really wants. And we all know that when you're not in the middle of a war that there's zero chance that any kind of death or explosion can happen...I mean, that'd be terrorism right? I mean, Israel whose not at war is a peaceful happy go lucky place of lollipops and rainbows because there couldn't possibly be terrorist attacks while not at war. And 9/11 didn't actually happen in the world according to bub because the U.S. had long ended any war it was in and of course we can't have people doing a terrorist attack during non-war time.

  8. #8
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Well, glad you've got such amazing class and tact as to use the death of 50 people to simply spout out yet another "Bush said mission accomplished!" line. Classy Bub.

    But yes, huge voter turnout for the "imposed" democracy that's on them can be ignored...lone acts of a minority of people killing themselves in hopes of intimidating people away from such thing is DEFINITELY a better indication of what the country really wants. And we all know that when you're not in the middle of a war that there's zero chance that any kind of death or explosion can happen...I mean, that'd be terrorism right? I mean, Israel whose not at war is a peaceful happy go lucky place of lollipops and rainbows because there couldn't possibly be terrorist attacks while not at war. And 9/11 didn't actually happen in the world according to bub because the U.S. had long ended any war it was in and of course we can't have people doing a terrorist attack during non-war time.
    Hey if you're unhappy because I post a story that shows that Iraq is as chaotic as 5 years ago, go create a rule about that

    Yeah ok it was not extremely classy to post that picture of Bush, but my point was simply to show that many people believe that the war in Iraq is being won while it's obivously not the case
    Last edited by bub; 08-19-09 at 08:59 AM.

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Hey if you're unhappy because I post a story that shows that Iraq is as chaotic as 5 years ago, go create a rule about that
    Wow, passive aggressive much?

    No, I think it was classless and tactless, and a rather ****ty job at stirring any actual discussion on the matter. I didn't think it should be against the rules. I think Miikey's posts hurt my brain to read but I'm not running off to suggest rules against them. Some posts are just idiotic and crappy.

    Your story wasn't an issue, I didn't speak negatively about the story. the story was good. I spoke to your commentary on the story, which crappy.

    Yeah ok it was not extremely classy to post that picture of Bush, but my point was simply to show that many people believe that the war in Iraq is being won while it's obivously not the case
    Your point was a poor one.

    A terrorist attack in a fledgling nation does not prove the war is not won, that strains credibility, logic, and fact. Is Israel currently at war with anyone? Not to my knowledge, yet there's terrorist attacks often. Was the U.S. at war with someone during the U.S.S. Cole or 9/11?

    Well, wait, I heard the Taliban may've got some financing from people in Britian....and we previously were at war with Britian.....**** folks, sorry, my bad, we're no longer Americans, apparently based on the World according to Bub we're still fighting the Revolutionary War. Damn, so much for thinking I was an American all these years.

    Yeah, sorry Bub, your logic is horrible there and just doesn't stand up to reason and that was only one of the issues with your inane post.

    Next was you trying to capitalize on 5 year old quote that had been acknowledged was too early to have been stated. Woo! Congratulations! You told us something we knew 4 years ago, that the "Mission Accomplished" statement was too early. Wow, how astute of you. Great job. We would've all missed that.

    However, currently, the Presidents statements there would be correct. We are out of the period of major combat operation. There majority of the country is far more at rest then it was during the height of the war, the amount of attacks happening are lower, and far more of the country is controlled. It is much closer to a "police action" at the moment than any kind of "war" at the moment. So while yes, the President's statement was premature...something known by most long before your great revelation...your attempt to use it in this context is rather poor since now we are most assuredly outside of the period of "major combat operation".

    Your third rather erronious notion was droning on that this somehow "shows" that the attempt in Iraq was a failure and that the people don't want an "imposed" democracy. However, repeated heavy election turnout, such as in February where voter turnout was beyond expectations with little violence seems to counter this notion that its simply "imposed" on them, that they don't want it, and a single idiot blowing himself up somehow proves that it can't work.

    No, Bub, what it shows is that some fringe lunatics can become so deluded and manipulated by those above them to blow themselves up to kill their countrymen, or in many cases non-countrymen, in hopes of intimidating them away from something they want.

    Glad you apparently gleeful at seeing such actions taking place.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-25-09 @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    669

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    It shows that you can bomb a country during 5 years, kill its dictator, kill thousands of terrorists and do whatever you want, you can't impose democracy on people who have never had any experience with democracy.

    The day they want a democracy, they'll make their own revolution.

    The idea that democracy can be imposed is a form of racist and imperialist condescension.

    Democracy is a process, it has no pre conceived ideology, it only works if the people involved participate; democracy can not be imposed because it is the will of the people of that place, culture and time.

    That so many on the Left no longer believe other people should decide their own destiny as we do, well, this is a form of imperialism the Left is complacent in, yet so self righteously blind they can not recognize.
    Last edited by JW Frogen; 08-19-09 at 09:25 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •