Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 89

Thread: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

  1. #61
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Iraq has to appear to be a defeat for America so the Libbos can blame it one Bush and bitch for the next forty years about how we lost the war in Iraq, just like they've done with Vietnam. If the war was considered a victory, the Libbos couldn't use it as an example why we shouldn't get into the next war and if we did get into the next war they couldn't use it as an example of how we're going to lose anyway, so we might as well give up now. They'll never admit that it was their side that gave the whole show away.
    I blame Clinton, Bush, and Obama as all have thus far proven themselves horrible failures.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #62
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Iraq has to appear to be a defeat for America so the Libbos can blame it one Bush and bitch for the next forty years about how we lost the war in Iraq, just like they've done with Vietnam. If the war was considered a victory, the Libbos couldn't use it as an example why we shouldn't get into the next war and if we did get into the next war they couldn't use it as an example of how we're going to lose anyway, so we might as well give up now. They'll never admit that it was their side that gave the whole show away.
    .....yeah...I'm pretty sure I'd still have problem with sacrificing 4,000 soldiers for non-existent WMDs and a 3rd rate dictator with less firepower then some of my wife's relatives regardless of the war's outcome. Have you not been following the last 6 years of liberalism? Here, I'll explain to you some of the reasons as to why we're opposed to the war :

    1. It was started over information which was inflated and false pretenses. Regardless of who agreed or disagreed with them.
    2. Because of these false pretenses 4,000+ American soldiers died needlessly.
    3. We've come out worse then before. Iraq is still a ****hole. The Iraqis still aren't ready to support themselves or even care enough to do so.

    The war being a complete failure is pretty much one of the last reasons Liberals are opposed to it.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 08-19-09 at 08:34 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #63
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    10-20-11 @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    371

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    [QUOTE=bub;1058201793]Yes and the people of that culture have never had prior experience with a real democracy so it's not gonna work

    + the people of this place are divided, so it's not gonna work neither

    + the people of that place rely upon oil, they do not have any middle class, so it's not gonna work

    Sorry but the logic that "people cannot be forced into a democracy." Is complete and utter bull**** that has been disproven. Japan during the 1940's believed that their emperor was a God. You know what that is called? A Theocracy. We beat the **** out of them, and than placed soldiers and our IDEALS on that society and guess what Bub? What are they now... oh wait.. that's called a democracy, completely due to us. So yes, you can, and we have, forced democracy on a people, and I think the Japanese would agree with that. Now we can argue back and forth on "Should people force democracy on people?" But that's another discussion entirely.

  4. #64
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    .....yeah...I'm pretty sure I'd still have problem with sacrificing 4,000 soldiers for non-existent WMDs and a 3rd rate dictator with less firepower then some of my wife's relatives regardless of the war's outcome. But hey, whatever makes you feel better at night.
    Please, spare me the sob story. I buried six close friends since 2003.

    I never claimed, as you erroneously are suggesting, that going to Iraq was a great idea. However, for once, let's have a good finish and avoid tarnishing the honor of the men that served in the war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #65
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post

    1. It was started over information which was inflated and false pretenses. Regardless of who agreed or disagreed with them.
    2. Because of these false pretenses 4,000+ American soldiers died needlessly.
    3. We've come out worse then before. Iraq is still a ****hole. The Iraqis still aren't ready to support themselves or even care enough to do so.

    The war being a complete failure is pretty much one of the last reasons Liberals are opposed to it.
    Then, it's probably a good idea to remain in place until Iraq is self sufficient.

    Can't do that, can we? Couldn't declare defeat if there was actually a happy ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Then, it's probably a good idea to remain in place until Iraq is self sufficient.

    Can't do that, can we? Couldn't declare defeat if there was actually a happy ending.
    Ummm no. Because it would still have been a waste of American life and effort. It's like remaining in an abusive relationship because the other person has to change sometime.

    Please, spare me the sob story. I buried six close friends since 2003.
    Funny how you tell us to spare you a sob story by bring up your own. What do you want? A cookie? Your inconsistencies are showing.

    I never claimed, as you erroneously are suggesting, that going to Iraq was a great idea.
    Great. Because it wasn't. It was probably the biggest mistake the U.S. has ever made. I mean as a group. We ****ed up. This wasn't like one group of Americans messing up. It was the entire country regardless of who was in power.

    However, for once, let's have a good finish and avoid tarnishing the honor of the men that served in the war.
    Please, spare me the sob story.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #67
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Ummm no. Because it would still have been a waste of American life and effort. It's like remaining in an abusive relationship because the other person has to change sometime.



    Funny how you tell us to spare you a sob story by bring up your own. What do you want? A cookie? Your inconsistencies are showing.



    Great. Because it wasn't. It was probably the biggest mistake the U.S. has ever made. I mean as a group. We ****ed up. This wasn't like one group of Americans messing up. It was the entire country regardless of who was in power.





    So, it really is all about being able to say that we lost. Right? Thanks for clarifying. Your welcome and thanks for your support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #68
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, it really is all about being able to say that we lost. Right? Thanks for clarifying. Your welcome and thanks for your support.
    Do you even bother to think about how some of your comments make you look? His words clearly did not mean what you say, any one who reads this thread will be able to see this. It only makes you and any point you might try and make look bad.

  9. #69
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you even bother to think about how some of your comments make you look? His words clearly did not mean what you say, any one who reads this thread will be able to see this. It only makes you and any point you might try and make look bad.
    I think the meanings are perfectly clear. Anytime someone says that an American soldier has died in vain, it's obvious what the point is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,057

    Re: Series of Blasts in Baghdad Kill 58, Injure 300

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, it really is all about being able to say that we lost. Right? Thanks for clarifying. Your welcome and thanks for your support.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst
    I think the meanings are perfectly clear. Anytime someone says that an American soldier has died in vain, it's obvious what the point is.
    It's fun to watch you try and twist my words. But here :

    Yes. The war in Iraq wasn't worth it and 4,000 Americans died in vain defending a bunch of 6th century savages that don't care about their country enough to defend it. Do you have ANY other stupid questions? Now what? Are you going to tell me a sob story or wave a flag in my face? I recommend you buy one made in America. When you have anything worth addressing that doesn't involve the very sentimentality you told us to spare you of. Please, by all means. Come back. Till then. Toodles.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 08-19-09 at 10:10 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •