Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 113

Thread: FACT CHECK: White House ignores health concession

  1. #31
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,597

    Re: FACT CHECK: White House ignores health concession

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It makes it really hard to discuss the bill, since people are shouting out so many falsehoods. I find it shameful what politics is like in this country these days. Why cannot politicians try something old fashioned like, you know, honesty.
    Well, even before that, I'd rather there just be a general recognition that people who disagree with you politically are not automatically dumb or evil. That would be the first step toward honesty.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: FACT CHECK: White House ignores health concession

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It makes it really hard to discuss the bill, since people are shouting out so many falsehoods. I find it shameful what politics is like in this country these days. Why cannot politicians try something old fashioned like, you know, honesty.
    Well it is a shame that the public option may now be dead in the water not because the public rejected it for what it is, but because they are hysterical and have no idea what it is. Rather than crazed townhalls I would have preferred to see some real back and forth tweaking the bill a bit more. Genuine contention over real issues with the bill vs all this , "It's gonna euthanize grandma and cover illegal Mexicans for free, " crapola.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: FACT CHECK: White House ignores health concession

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Force - explain that.
    Mandatory Health Insurance or get fined. The company my wife works for has all ready told their employees that if there is a "public Option" the company will drop their health insurance.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: FACT CHECK: White House ignores health concession

    the language in waxman/rangel excludes illegals, it is true

    but when congressman heller introduced his amendment in rangel's ways and means to ENFORCE the exclusion by employing e-verify, he was voted down in cmte along party lines, july 17

    the bill SAYS it won't include illegals, but we've heard that kinda TALK for decades

    where rubber meets road, there's no ENFORCEMENT

    Newsmax.com - Obama Health Plan to Cover 12 Million Illegals

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: FACT CHECK: White House ignores health concession

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Well, even before that, I'd rather there just be a general recognition that people who disagree with you politically are not automatically dumb or evil. That would be the first step toward honesty.
    OMG there are so dumb people on both sides! Loons who think everyone is gonna be insured for free on one side and the, "they're gonna kill grandma and pay for illegals," fools on the other.

    I'm sure within that 1000+ pages there are some real issues that need to be nixed or tweaked. That's what the debate should be about. Or folks should earnestly speak towards why a public option is generally a bad idea. But all the hysterical lying is sad when health care in this country is a freaking mess.

  6. #36
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: FACT CHECK: White House ignores health concession

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    OMG there are so dumb people on both sides! Loons who think everyone is gonna be insured for free on one side and the, "they're gonna kill grandma and pay for illegals," fools on the other.

    I'm sure within that 1000+ pages there are some real issues that need to be nixed or tweaked. That's what the debate should be about. Or folks should earnestly speak towards why a public option is generally a bad idea. But all the hysterical lying is sad when health care in this country is a freaking mess.
    Which then gets us back to...

    The REAL problem here is that we're not questioning the basic premises behind "Health Care Reform" -- that the system -is- broken and that -only- Government can fix it.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: FACT CHECK: White House ignores health concession

    the inclusion of illegals is implicit in obtuse obama's own numbers

    when he keeps repeating 46 million uninsured, his own census counts 12 million of THOSE as illegal

    bless their hearts, i mean, nothing against our hard working hispanic neighbors and friends

    but obamacare intends the inclusion of illegals

    which is a killer political blow---to obamacare

    in TIMES like THESE

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: FACT CHECK: White House ignores health concession

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Which then gets us back to...

    The REAL problem here is that we're not questioning the basic premises behind "Health Care Reform" -- that the system -is- broken and that -only- Government can fix it.
    For me personally the system is definitely a freaking mess. For family members and friends the system is a mess. For some it works. But it fails too many for too many arbitrary reasons and has been doing so for far too long.

  9. #39
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FACT CHECK: White House ignores health concession

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    the inclusion of illegals is implicit in obtuse obama's own numbers

    when he keeps repeating 46 million uninsured, his own census counts 12 million of THOSE as illegal

    bless their hearts, i mean, nothing against our hard working hispanic neighbors and friends

    but obamacare intends the inclusion of illegals

    which is a killer political blow---to obamacare

    in TIMES like THESE
    I think I


    Will trust factcheck.org over

    your

    word. One has a

    history of being factually

    accurate, the other cannot even

    manage

    to

    use paragraphs and sentences to

    make their

    posts more readable. And

    you are not nearly as credible as factcheck.org.

  10. #40
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: FACT CHECK: White House ignores health concession

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    For me personally the system is definitely a freaking mess.
    Can I ask how/why?

    But it fails too many for too many arbitrary reasons and has been doing so for far too long.
    Hoiw/why do you say that?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •