Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 145

Thread: President Obama takes the stage at VFW convention in Phoenix

  1. #121
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: President Obama takes the stage at VFW convention in Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You've yet to bolster your claim that I'm wrong.
    I -questioned- your claim, gave my reason for that question, and then asked you to support it.

    Onus: You.

  2. #122
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-30-09 @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    446

    Re: President Obama takes the stage at VFW convention in Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The 2nd amendment doesnt cover going to a public place with gun and using it to scare the crap out of people, just like the first amendment doesnt cover yelling fire in a theater. If you do either, you can be arrested.

    Undertstand that simple posession is different than use.
    Well good for him to know, but why don't you explain your position more. At what point can I get you arrested for having a gun. I've always been afraid of accidental firings or some lunatic grabbing another person's gun and shooting people with it. What if I claim that I am scared that you even HAVE a concealed weapon? Does that suppress your right to bear arms? Does my fear trump your rights? In addition, who said this person went to the meeting to scare people? I may have, but Conservatives will argue that he didn't. Since neither of us are the person in question, none of us know what were the true intentions. Thus, he could argue that he wasn't trying to scare people and should not be deprived of his gun rights.

    Oh and in addition, we have two "Very Conservative" gun-rights activists (<--okay this is an assumption) that can't even agree with the definition of an Assault Rifle. How can we fault the reporter for not knowing what the gun was? Especially (enter conspiracy land) since the media is liberal and obviously liberals want to take away guns.

  3. #123
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: President Obama takes the stage at VFW convention in Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    Well good for him to know, but why don't you explain your position more. At what point can I get you arrested for having a gun. I've always been afraid of accidental firings or some lunatic grabbing another person's gun and shooting people with it. What if I claim that I am scared that you even HAVE a concealed weapon? Does that suppress your right to bear arms? Does my fear trump your rights? In addition, who said this person went to the meeting to scare people? I may have, but Conservatives will argue that he didn't. Since neither of us are the person in question, none of us know what were the true intentions. Thus, he could argue that he wasn't trying to scare people and should not be deprived of his gun rights.

    Oh and in addition, we have two "Very Conservative" gun-rights activists (<--okay this is an assumption) that can't even agree with the definition of an Assault Rifle. How can we fault the reporter for not knowing what the gun was? Especially (enter conspiracy land) since the media is liberal and obviously liberals want to take away guns.

    Your fear of my rights, does not trump my rights.

    Period.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  4. #124
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: President Obama takes the stage at VFW convention in Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    Well good for him to know, but why don't you explain your position more. At what point can I get you arrested for having a gun.
    Whenever I do something with it that is comparable to yelling fire in a theater, inciting a riot, or directly putting someone in harms way.

    Oh and in addition, we have two "Very Conservative" gun-rights activists (<--okay this is an assumption) that can't even agree with the definition of an Assault Rifle. How can we fault the reporter for not knowing what the gun was?
    Reporters are supposed to fact check. Getting a fact wrong is unforgivable.

  5. #125
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-30-09 @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    446

    Re: President Obama takes the stage at VFW convention in Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Your fear of my rights, does not trump my rights.

    Period.
    Care to talk to Goobieman about that? That's not what he's saying.

  6. #126
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-30-09 @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    446

    Re: President Obama takes the stage at VFW convention in Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Whenever I do something with it that is comparable to yelling fire in a theater, inciting a riot, or directly putting someone in harms way.
    "Comparable to"? In whose opinion? In your opinion? In the police's opinion? In the opinion of wise, Latina female activist judges?

    Reporters are supposed to fact check. Getting a fact wrong is unforgivable.
    Unforgivable? Did you even read my quote? Gun activists on here can't even agree on the definition of an assault rifle. I almost never agree with apsdt but supposedly he has military training and I'd imagine someone who was in the armed forces should know what an assault rifle is.

  7. #127
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: President Obama takes the stage at VFW convention in Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    "Comparable to"? In whose opinion? In your opinion? In the police's opinion? In the opinion of wise, Latina female activist judges?
    Ultimately, the prosecutor, the judge and the jury.
    That's how the law works, you know.

    Unforgivable? Did you even read my quote?
    I did. It doesnt change a thing.

    Gun activists on here can't even agree on the definition of an assault rifle...
    Not so -- the ONLY gun activist here that did not agree is apsdt, and he is -demonstrably- wrong.

    I almost never agree with apsdt but supposedly he has military training and I'd imagine someone who was in the armed forces should know what an assault rifle is.
    Which makes the fact that he -doesnt- know what one is all that more remarkable.

  8. #128
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-30-09 @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    446

    Re: President Obama takes the stage at VFW convention in Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Ultimately, the prosecutor, the judge and the jury.
    That's how the law works, you know.
    So if the gunman would've incited a riot, which is likely had the police not been there to watch him, then he should have had his gun taken away? In addition, could Democrats not stage riots to get people's gun rights taken away?

    I did. It doesnt change a thing.
    So you expect reporters to define things that even people fairly involved within the field can't define? You're right, that doesn't change anything.


    Not so -- the ONLY gun activist here that did not agree is apsdt, and he is -demonstrably- wrong.
    I haven't looked through the entire thread so perhaps I thought apsdt's arguments came from multiple people. He appears to be familiar with assault rifles, so I will await his counter reply or see if he concedes before I proceed with this argument. He seems pretty sure that assault rifles are X while you say assault rifles are Y. I'll see who comes out victorious to determine whether or not assault rifles are difficult to classify.

    Which makes the fact that he -doesnt- know what one is all that more remarkable.
    Likewise to the above quote.

  9. #129
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,588

    Re: President Obama takes the stage at VFW convention in Phoenix

    This is why I pointed out that the guy is black. MSNBC didn't show the guy enough to know that he's black, so they could say that it's all about racism. Too bad PMSNBC looks like a big ole douche bag right now.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI"]YouTube - MSNBC: Gun-Toting Protesters are 'White' Racists... Black Guy with AR-15 Edited to Conceal his Race.[/ame]
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #130
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: President Obama takes the stage at VFW convention in Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This is why I pointed out that the guy is black. MSNBC didn't show the guy enough to know that he's black, so they could say that it's all about racism. Too bad PMSNBC looks like a big ole douche bag right now.

    YouTube - MSNBC: Gun-Toting Protesters are 'White' Racists... Black Guy with AR-15 Edited to Conceal his Race.
    Why do you have to play the race card?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •