Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Twitter is 40% ‘Pointless Babble’: Report

  1. #11
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,607

    Re: Twitter is 40% ‘Pointless Babble’: Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    That's very true. Sometimes it's probably a small price to pay for getting quicker information I guess. One can always verify later.



    Kinda hard when the tweet has you out on the street with your guns fighting the revolution.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #12
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Twitter is 40% ‘Pointless Babble’: Report

    Just 40%?

    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #13
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Twitter is 40% ‘Pointless Babble’: Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Kinda hard when the tweet has you out on the street with your guns fighting the revolution.
    That's why I never volunteer to be point man.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Twitter is 40% ‘Pointless Babble’: Report

    Twitter is a great tool if used appropriately.

    For family and friends it can be a useful tool for giving any type of updates taht may deem meaningful to the recipients. Just this last weekend my cousin went to the Sugar Shack for brunch and sent out a tweet to the family stating so. Four of us showed up to join him. Without twitter or similar broadcasting service he would have had to call 10-20 people to give a similar announcement.

    During the birth of my son I used twitter to let friends and family know what was going on through the 30 hours my wife was in labor. It was great not having my phone ringing none stop or having to call everyone. Those people that we cared about most were at the hospital and this allowed me to communicate with them in the waiting room without having to leave the delivery room.

    Twitter feeds are in the eye of the beholder. What may seem like pointless babble to someone may be a meaningful update to the specific audience that "babble" is targeted at.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  5. #15
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Twitter is 40% ‘Pointless Babble’: Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Twitter is a great tool if used appropriately.

    For family and friends it can be a useful tool for giving any type of updates taht may deem meaningful to the recipients. Just this last weekend my cousin went to the Sugar Shack for brunch and sent out a tweet to the family stating so. Four of us showed up to join him. Without twitter or similar broadcasting service he would have had to call 10-20 people to give a similar announcement.

    During the birth of my son I used twitter to let friends and family know what was going on through the 30 hours my wife was in labor. It was great not having my phone ringing none stop or having to call everyone. Those people that we cared about most were at the hospital and this allowed me to communicate with them in the waiting room without having to leave the delivery room.

    Twitter feeds are in the eye of the beholder. What may seem like pointless babble to someone may be a meaningful update to the specific audience that "babble" is targeted at.
    Agreed. We use it all the time for communicating to a sports-related group I'm with. Since you can set it to receive only the tweets you want to receive on your phone, all the clutter can be held at arm's length on the website, while the more useful info can be routed straight to your phone.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Twitter is 40% ‘Pointless Babble’: Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Agreed. We use it all the time for communicating to a sports-related group I'm with. Since you can set it to receive only the tweets you want to receive on your phone, all the clutter can be held at arm's length on the website, while the more useful info can be routed straight to your phone.
    I use it at work too for PR announcements. I believe I read a while ago that Dell made a revenue upwards of $2million off sales announcements using their twitter.

    Online marketing wise its an excellent tool, if used properly. It allows for short and to the point announcements without the need of designs or fluff that goes along with a email blast or print advertisement.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  7. #17
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Twitter is 40% ‘Pointless Babble’: Report

    40% is being incredibly generous.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  8. #18
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Twitter is 40% ‘Pointless Babble’: Report

    Sometimes humans can be so damned stupid.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Twitter is 40% ‘Pointless Babble’: Report

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Ummm....how is the fact that Twitter is for twits "Breaking News"?
    Seems more like breaking wind.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Twitter is 40% ‘Pointless Babble’: Report

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    My only issue with that, is its rumor spreading. How can you verify or trust what you read?
    You can't.

    Then again, I JUST KNOW Jesus has returned, because of all the major disasters covered by the major news outlets in which the number of dead reported decreases over time...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •