Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Iran’s Ahmadinejad accuses neighbors of serving Zionism

  1. #1
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Iran’s Ahmadinejad accuses neighbors of serving Zionism

    Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has accused the country’s neighbors of adopting policies that serve the interests of the “Zionist regime,” semi-official Fars news agency reported.

    “We are sorry for those countries around us and those neighbors that are at the service of the Zionists in the name of Islam and are providing the means to their hegemony over the world,” he said late on Sunday.

    The hard-line Iranian president did not make a direct reference to any of its neighbors, but his remarks came as Turkey, Israel and the United States started joint military exercises in the Mediterranean Sea. The drill is expected to end Friday.

    “They [neighbors] don't understand so they provide the Zionists with their possibilities. We hope that they wake up,” Ahmadinejad was quoted by the news agency as saying during a ceremony to commemorate World Mosques Day in Tehran.

    Last week, it was announced that the United States, Israel and Turkey were set to launch joint military exercises in the Mediterranean Sea. Hosted by Turkey in the eastern Mediterranean, it was the 10th such exercise in as many years between the allies.
    Turkey is Israel's principal ally in the region and both countries have close economic ties following a military cooperation agreement in 1996. Ankara hosted four rounds of peace negotiations between Israel and Syria until the talks were suspended when Israel launched a deadly offensive in the Gaza Strip.

    Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said in July that his country was ready to resume its role as mediator in the suspended talks. A senior Israeli government official, however, said last week that there would be no new recourse to Turkish mediation, insisting that any new negotiations be direct.

    Iran’s Ahmadinejad accuses neighbors of serving Zionism - Hürriyet Daily News and Economic Review

    This man said "Zionism" out right! He is an absolute frigging Islamist loon and needs to be toppled.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  2. #2
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Iran’s Ahmadinejad accuses neighbors of serving Zionism

    No one should be toppled.

    Who the bloody hell do we all think we are thinking we can topple and overthrow nations just because we do not like what they say.

    Hell, someone should have overthrown US Govt. when that fool Bush was in power


  3. #3
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Iran’s Ahmadinejad accuses neighbors of serving Zionism

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Turkey is Israel's principal ally in the region and both countries have close economic ties following a military cooperation agreement in 1996. Ankara hosted four rounds of peace negotiations between Israel and Syria until the talks were suspended when Israel launched a deadly offensive in the Gaza Strip.

    Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said in July that his country was ready to resume its role as mediator in the suspended talks. A senior Israeli government official, however, said last week that there would be no new recourse to Turkish mediation, insisting that any new negotiations be direct.

    Iran’s Ahmadinejad accuses neighbors of serving Zionism - Hürriyet Daily News and Economic Review

    This man said "Zionism" out right! He is an absolute frigging Islamist loon and needs to be toppled.
    Iran is all talk. They don't have the balls to do anything more than whine about Turkey....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    01-30-10 @ 07:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Iran’s Ahmadinejad accuses neighbors of serving Zionism

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Turkey is Israel's principal ally in the region and both countries have close economic ties following a military cooperation agreement in 1996. Ankara hosted four rounds of peace negotiations between Israel and Syria until the talks were suspended when Israel launched a deadly offensive in the Gaza Strip.

    Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said in July that his country was ready to resume its role as mediator in the suspended talks. A senior Israeli government official, however, said last week that there would be no new recourse to Turkish mediation, insisting that any new negotiations be direct.

    Iran’s Ahmadinejad accuses neighbors of serving Zionism - Hürriyet Daily News and Economic Review

    This man said "Zionism" out right! He is an absolute frigging Islamist loon and needs to be toppled.
    So what if he said Zionism out right?

  5. #5
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Iran’s Ahmadinejad accuses neighbors of serving Zionism

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    No one should be toppled.
    I beg to differ.
    A lot of nutjobs in this world should be toppled.
    Who the bloody hell do we all think we are thinking we can topple and overthrow nations just because we do not like what they say.
    And what they do... and what they stand for... and what their aims are.
    Hell, someone should have overthrown US Govt. when that fool Bush was in power
    I don't understand.
    You disagree with the overthrow of the Iranian government, and yet you say that someone should have overthrown Bush's government.

    Please explain.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  6. #6
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Iran’s Ahmadinejad accuses neighbors of serving Zionism

    I'm making a point.
    Where would we have stopped?

    I dislike Mugabe. Lets overthrow.
    I didn't lke US ex President. Overthrow.
    I'm not a great fan of Israel's leader, does that mean we can overthrow them too?
    Oh and lets not forget China, Russia, N Korea and ofc UK.


  7. #7
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Iran’s Ahmadinejad accuses neighbors of serving Zionism

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I'm making a point.
    Where would we have stopped?

    I dislike Mugabe. Lets overthrow.
    I didn't lke US ex President. Overthrow.
    I'm not a great fan of Israel's leader, does that mean we can overthrow them too?
    Oh and lets not forget China, Russia, N Korea and ofc UK.
    No, because you is not 'we'.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #8
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Iran’s Ahmadinejad accuses neighbors of serving Zionism

    By topping the Iranian government we are potentially saving the lives of many millions of people in Europe, and Israel in the future. So really i ask you Laila, "who are we NOT to topple such people"? Just because we are a Democratic nation, doesn't mean that invalidates our ability to use armed force.

    Had more people had my attitude, we could have diffused the threat of the Nazi empire at its roots in the 1930's. But we didn't, because "who are we". And now there's 50 million less people on this planet then there could have been.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  9. #9
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Iran’s Ahmadinejad accuses neighbors of serving Zionism

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Just because we are a Democratic nation, doesn't mean that invalidates our ability to use armed force.
    I really love it how some people think that being a Democracy means embracing pacifism.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #10
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Iran’s Ahmadinejad accuses neighbors of serving Zionism

    Toppling governments has serious long term consequences. The whole mess with Iran started when the U.S. government decided to overthrow the democratically elected government and install a monarch puppet to keep the oil flowing. When a popular government overthrew the Shah, they were really pissed at us and took some hostages. Then we funded Iraq during the war, they funded some terrorists and we end up in the modern day.

    If you overthrow the government now, you are just going to keep the cycle going. The U.S. has no compelling interest to get involved. Spouting nonsense is hardly worth making Iran a enemy for yet another generation.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •