Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 231

Thread: 'Death to Obama' sign holder in Md. detained

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,977

    Re: 'Death to Obama' sign holder in Md. detained

    Someone who had the exact same type of sign as the guy that American is referencing...for example the one I posted.

    I'm asking why he's bringing that quote in here, unless he's trying to say that Jefferson would've thought the guy in the OP was a patriot for doing it. And, if that's the case, does he think Jefferson would think the ones doing the same thing with Bush were too?

  2. #62
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,671

    Re: 'Death to Obama' sign holder in Md. detained

    All I know that if Jefferson was alive today to see this sh*t, he'd be pissed.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #63
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: 'Death to Obama' sign holder in Md. detained

    I think Jefferson was a true revolutionary, and felt that leaders needed to remain mindful of who the Boss is. That being said, free speech has its limits and this was walking the fine line. However, calling for someone's death isn't the same as planning and executing. That's likely why the man was released.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #64
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,977

    Re: 'Death to Obama' sign holder in Md. detained

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I think Jefferson was a true revolutionary, and felt that leaders needed to remain mindful of who the Boss is. That being said, free speech has its limits and this was walking the fine line. However, calling for someone's death isn't the same as planning and executing. That's likely why the man was released.
    Do you think Jefferson, based on the quote YOU decided to inject into this thread (which I imagine had a point rather than just to troll), would think this man was a Patriot? (based on how you used it and your response, it seems you believe not)

    Do you think Jefferson, baed on the quote YOU decided to inject into this thread, would think that the man holding the Bush sign was a Patriot?

  5. #65
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: 'Death to Obama' sign holder in Md. detained

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Do you think Jefferson, based on the quote YOU decided to inject into this thread (which I imagine had a point rather than just to troll), would think this man was a Patriot? (based on how you used it and your response, it seems you believe not)

    Do you think Jefferson, baed on the quote YOU decided to inject into this thread, would think that the man holding the Bush sign was a Patriot?
    Jefferson would propose that people who threaten the president should be put to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: 'Death to Obama' sign holder in Md. detained

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Jefferson would propose that people who threaten the president should be put to death.
    Care to quote some writing of Jefferson to back that up?

  7. #67
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: 'Death to Obama' sign holder in Md. detained

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Care to quote some writing of Jefferson to back that up?
    No one else posted actual quotes by Jefferson. Why do I have to, all of a sudden?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #68
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 'Death to Obama' sign holder in Md. detained

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No one else posted actual quotes by Jefferson. Why do I have to, all of a sudden?
    Because you are making pretty bold claims like you know Jefferson would advocate the death penalty for this guy. Perhaps you shouldn't make claims that you aren't prepared to back up.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: 'Death to Obama' sign holder in Md. detained

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Jefferson would propose that people who threaten the president should be put to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No one else posted actual quotes by Jefferson. Why do I have to, all of a sudden?
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058192283

    Because you are claiming to know what Jefferson's attitude would be. And because making such a claim without sources and references is foolishness.

  10. #70
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: 'Death to Obama' sign holder in Md. detained

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Because you are making pretty bold claims like you know Jefferson would advocate the death penalty for this guy. Perhaps you shouldn't make claims that you aren't prepared to back up.
    No bolder than anyone else. Are you the, "boldness", judge of the forum? Or is this just more harrassment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •