Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash

  1. #1
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash


    Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash


    The motorcyclist and Antoine were both traveling about 55 mph when the collision occurred in the right lane, authorities said. Witnesses and Antoine later told authorities that the motorcyclist had made obscene hand gestures, pulled in front of the motor home, then slowed down dramatically, Uhrich said.

    Antoine did not have time to react and struck the back of the low-slung custom motorcycle, causing it to become stuck under the front of the RV, authorities said. The motorcyclist was thrown from the bike, run over by the motor home and dragged underneath for about 75 feet, Uhrich said. Unable to steer, Antoine continued about 500 feet and hit the center divider, Uhrich said.

    The frame of the motorcycle carved a deep groove in the roadway as it was pulled under the motor home. Antoine was not injured.



    Ah how was this "biker" (probably an attorney, accountant or other hardcore biker type) going full retard?


    Motorhomes BIG

    Motorcyle small



    You get angry at the motorhome while riding your chopper, in a tshirt and a little beanie helmet.... because you think he may have pissed you off...


    The wise thing to do is to.

    1. Play "cut off" with the motorhome.

    2. Brake check the motohome

    3. take your hand off the bar whilst doing this to flup off the motorhome....

    4. all of the above....



    So I can see st. peter looking at this biker standing before him and just saying "WTF was that dood"....


    Moron.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash

    Clearly a Darwin Award Contestant.

  3. #3
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash

    Hopefully he did not reproduce before the accident.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  4. #4
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash

    several years ago in the Phoenix area, an angry biker cut in front of a car on the freeway and hit his brakes hard, duplicating what the driver of the car did to him earlier, but not on purpose. She did pull in front of him and slow down, probably didn't even see him. That happens. But the biker had to have his revenge...and it killed him.
    No way can a car stop as quickly as a motorcycle. The car went right over the biker, and witnesses said there was nothing she could have done about it....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  5. #5
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    several years ago in the Phoenix area, an angry biker cut in front of a car on the freeway and hit his brakes hard, duplicating what the driver of the car did to him earlier, but not on purpose. She did pull in front of him and slow down, probably didn't even see him. That happens. But the biker had to have his revenge...and it killed him.
    No way can a car stop as quickly as a motorcycle. The car went right over the biker, and witnesses said there was nothing she could have done about it....
    Wow just wow.

    It is amazing the level of common sense out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Ah how was this "biker" (probably an attorney, accountant or other hardcore biker type) going full retard?


    Motorhomes BIG

    Motorcyle small



    You get angry at the motorhome while riding your chopper, in a tshirt and a little beanie helmet.... because you think he may have pissed you off...


    The wise thing to do is to.

    1. Play "cut off" with the motorhome.

    2. Brake check the motohome

    3. take your hand off the bar whilst doing this to flup off the motorhome....

    4. all of the above....



    So I can see st. peter looking at this biker standing before him and just saying "WTF was that dood"....


    Moron.
    That's really odd. If the story is as reported, it's pretty inconceivable that anyone on a motorcycle would have found it a good idea to try to brake check...well anyone. Maybe you can do it to a scooty puff, but any actual vehicle you're well less weight and well more susceptible to damage. I've definitely been behind really slow people, it has pissed me off, I have passed these people at great speed when I got the chance, I didn't cut them off or brake check afterwards. The goal was to go faster, not see if I can get run over.

    Sucks for the motorcyclist, I feel bad for his family; but motorcyclists have to know and understand that we have to be a lot more aware and careful on the road. We can accelerate and brake faster than most other vehicles, we can take advantage of that to pass and such, but don't temp fate and try really being a dick to people. Or carry a gun...strapped to the front forks...
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #7
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash

    What do you ride?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #8
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    What do you ride?
    Being a poor grad student (but not for much longer), I just have a Yamaha V-Star 650. If I can ever find a job, I'm going to get another bike, maybe a Roadstar or something and I will finally get to have time/money to fix the Yamaha RD350B I have, but which needs the engine taken apart.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #9
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Being a poor grad student (but not for much longer), I just have a Yamaha V-Star 650. If I can ever find a job, I'm going to get another bike, maybe a Roadstar or something and I will finally get to have time/money to fix the Yamaha RD350B I have, but which needs the engine taken apart.


    How old are you? most cruisers riders are older or image concerned. You seem neither to me...


    Currently I ride a highly prepped sv650....

    Penske shock traxxion dynamics forks... It's an inexpensive bike, but it will out ride most supersports in the twisties....


    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,966

    Re: Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash

    Stupid motorcyclist and the type that gives all the rest of us, be them newer rides like myself or vets, a bad name.

    We have a hard enough time with cars not paying attention of us normally; there's no need to go causing issues that will cause issues.

    Someone cuts you off or does something stupid? Breath out, relax, let them get a bit away from you if they're going over the speed limit, and go on. Riding on the bike is fun and relaxing, no reason to let it ramp your stress and anger up.

    After getting into an accident recently and wrecking my bike / knee, all because I was trying to avoid a car that slammed on their breaks when not really needed (granted, the gravel from construction was the larger problem), this just pisses me off. I got up, blamed myself as I should've, and moved along instead of having some intense hatred for a guy that did something while driving that just about everyone that's been behind the wheel has been guilty of once before

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •