Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 254

Thread: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

  1. #11
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Gotta love when the fringe left resorts to lies and slander as they get desparate.


    Obama care is currently less popular than hilary care was. This will not pass. and that is GOOD for America.
    Seriously Rev....Do you believe the death panels and Kill Granny B.S?

    Seriously.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #12
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Seriously Rev....Do you believe the death panels and Kill Granny B.S?

    Seriously.


    Obama Says Grandmother?s Hip Replacement Raises Cost Questions - Bloomberg.com




    Oregon health plan covers assisted suicide, not drugs, for cancer patient (if you need another source, just ask)



    You tell me. Honestly we don't know what we would get. But to say that what you posted is impossible, I have just proved wrong.



    That said, I have cash, I have equity, I will provide for myself no matter what happens. My opposition to this is my love for my country.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #13
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The wacko fringe that are showing up disrupting these meetings are not representative of America. They are representative of the same wacko fringe that Sarah Palin used to attract.
    So 53% of the Rasmussen poll, which is a cross sampling of the United States public is now a fringe? Is that what you want to go on record as stating?

    The public overwhelmingly was in favor of healthcare reform until the insurance companies and the right-wing radio nuts began their campaign of distortions (ala...death panels and kill granny).
    No, it wasn't, it UHC never polled over 49% in favor if my memory serves correctly, and if you'd care to read what is happening in countries with plans similar to the one proposed you would see that it is hardly a distortion.

    The right-wing once again has shown that they are very very good at using the politics of fear and distortion to sway that segment of the population that doesn't educate themselves and can be influenced with 10 second sound bites.
    Oh Bull ****! People can read the bill that the house passed for themselves and there exists a ton of gray area that is more than open for the exact abuses your side wants to call distortions.

    We will get healthcare reform....despite the efforts of the insurance corporations. The only question will be whether it will be meaningful change or just a bandaid.
    First off, it's not looking good for the current bill, which isn't reform, if they don't get the bill, which isn't reform by the break, the chances of the non-reform reform bill passing are slim. Also, it is NOT insurance company efforts bringing these people who want reform(not the current bill) to these meetings, it's the politicians mis-representing this effort as "reform" and the lack of real reform bringing these people out, and then calling these same concerned citizens nazis, and a mob is pissing them off, which will pretty much kill the non-reform "reform" bill if it isn't dead already.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #14
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    53% (many misinformed) does not equal 'Most'.

    We live in a Republic with democratic elections. What Americas 'want' is represented by the current make-up of the House and the Senate. I want more of a balance and will cast future votes accordingly.

    We don't live in a direct democracy--I'm not sure everyone attending these Town Halls understand this.
    It appears that one thing you posted is exactly right. That being the (many misinformed) portion. However those who seem to be most misinformed are those of you who haven't bothered to read HR-3200 along with people like Specter who are not showing a great deal of intelligence by attempting to support a program they clearly know little or nothing about.
    I realize it takes time to read it, but you might wish to take the time to do so rather than ape Obama's views that only serve to make some look uninformed or worse lacking the intelligence to recognize it for what it truly is.

    Specter is right Americans are mad, and it's because of the forcing of extremest Socialist programs and take overs on a Nation Obama promised to destroy on March 15th 2008, When he said: "My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it".
    He's doing everything he can to do that and Specter and others are helping it come true.
    Last edited by Councilman; 08-12-09 at 11:59 AM.

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Obama Says Grandmother?s Hip Replacement Raises Cost Questions - Bloomberg.com




    Oregon health plan covers assisted suicide, not drugs, for cancer patient (if you need another source, just ask)



    You tell me. Honestly we don't know what we would get. But to say that what you posted is impossible, I have just proved wrong.



    That said, I have cash, I have equity, I will provide for myself no matter what happens. My opposition to this is my love for my country.
    From your first link:

    Obama said “you just get into some very difficult moral issues” when considering whether “to give my grandmother, or everybody else’s aging grandparents or parents, a hip replacement when they’re terminally ill.
    Does not say he is setting up death panels or plans to kill granny.

    Second link is about Oregon, not the US.

  6. #16
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    From your first link:



    Does not say he is setting up death panels or plans to kill granny.

    Second link is about Oregon, not the US.



    My point is that these claims are fact, my point is, they are not made up or impossible, what I have shown, is that these things are being considered in order to make UHC work.


    It's being discussed. so stating that its made up, is in itself, well made up.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #17
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    My point is that these claims are fact, my point is, they are not made up or impossible, what I have shown, is that these things are being considered in order to make UHC work.


    It's being discussed. so stating that its made up, is in itself, well made up.
    Your claims are not fact. There is no death panel, there is not plan to kill granny. If legislation is started in favor of either, then talk about it, but talking about the current plan with those terms is misleading, and intentionally so.

    Also, please go back to my first post in this thread. You misrepresented what Spectre said. Please defend it.

  8. #18
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Your claims are not fact. There is no death panel, there is not plan to kill granny. If legislation is started in favor of either, then talk about it, but talking about the current plan with those terms is misleading, and intentionally so.

    Also, please go back to my first post in this thread. You misrepresented what Spectre said. Please defend it.


    I meant it was fact that it was being discussed, not that Obama or the house is ACTUALLY pushing for it.

    We do not know what obama's plan is, he is relying on the house and senate to come up with it... There are some very scary provisions that can lead to some of this nastiness coming true...

    Furthermore, my links show, it is on the table, and has happened in the past... That is the point, not that they ARE GOING TO DO IT, but that these things are not impossible like many on the left are claiming.



    I did not misrepresent what he said. That is misleading, and intentionally so.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #19
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you are saying most people support disrupting town hall meetings? Or did you misunderstand his point? Or, most likely, are you just misrepresenting what he said?

    I also noticed you did not include this quote from him:



    Strawman.


    He claimed that they do not represent America, I have clearly shown him to be wrong, most likley deliberatly so.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #20
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Your claims are not fact. There is no death panel, there is not plan to kill granny. If legislation is started in favor of either, then talk about it, but talking about the current plan with those terms is misleading, and intentionally so.
    I can't find the link at the moment, but there was an event where Obama tried to deflect when a guy was talking about his 101 year old parent who got a pacemaker when the second surgeon determined that the person obviously wanted to live, after the first surgeon said the parent was too old. Obama said something that was callous, something to the effect of the parent would need to realize that they were done with life or along those lines.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •