Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 254

Thread: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

  1. #121
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Clearly, medicare needs to be more strictly regulated. Some of these people needing scooters should just get gastric bypass and lose the 300 pounds that make walking so difficult.
    Alot of those who use it have joint damage, fatigue issues or severe arthritis as well, but a wheelchair has to be less expensive than a motorized scooter, plus, the scooter discourages activity by doing all of the work for the less abled, so yeah, they should be a luxury, not a covered item.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #122
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Clearly, medicare needs to be more strictly regulated. Some of these people needing scooters should just get gastric bypass and lose the 300 pounds that make walking so difficult.
    I hate when I see those fat asses with handicapped plates rolling around Puiblix on a scooter because they are too fat to walk. Makes me want to tip the freezer over on top of them. You are handicapped because you ate yourself into resembling a human cow? WTF?
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    I hate when I see those fat asses with handicapped plates rolling around Puiblix on a scooter because they are too fat to walk. Makes me want to tip the freezer over on top of them. You are handicapped because you ate yourself into resembling a human cow? WTF?
    You're a big meanie. Clearly, they're dealing with a serious glandular disorder.

    Also, Stekim, haven't you heard? OBESITY IS NOT A CRIME!!!


  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Alot of those who use it have joint damage, fatigue issues or severe arthritis as well, but a wheelchair has to be less expensive than a motorized scooter, plus, the scooter discourages activity by doing all of the work for the less abled, so yeah, they should be a luxury, not a covered item.
    I agree. Fatigue issues don't get better by completely eliminating physical activities.

  5. #125
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I agree. Fatigue issues don't get better by completely eliminating physical activities.
    There can't really be a logical argument otherwise.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Jefferson State
    Last Seen
    11-25-12 @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,545

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    I hate when I see those fat asses with handicapped plates rolling around Puiblix on a scooter because they are too fat to walk. Makes me want to tip the freezer over on top of them. You are handicapped because you ate yourself into resembling a human cow? WTF?
    What is it about eating disorders that you don't understand, stekim?? Should we execute people with eating disorders?

  7. #127
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,441

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Wow, this thread got U-G-L-Y.
    *insert profound statement here*

  8. #128
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    What is it about eating disorders that you don't understand, stekim?? Should we execute people with eating disorders?
    1. How do you know they have an "eating disorder"? You don't. You only know they are fat. 60% of Americans are overweight. How many of those people have "eating disorders"?
    2. An "eating disorder" is not a handicap.
    3. If one cannot identify one has an "eating disorder" by the time one tops 400 pounds and needs to be wheeled around the MegaLoMart in a rented cargo van, Stekim has little sympathy. You are not handicapped. You are a moron. Put the party sized sub and gallon of coke down and waddle to the phone.
    4. Yes, in fact, we should execute people with eating disorders. Quickest solution to the problem.
    Last edited by stekim; 08-12-09 at 02:53 PM.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    53% (many misinformed) does not equal 'Most'.

    We live in a Republic with democratic elections. What Americas 'want' is represented by the current make-up of the House and the Senate. I want more of a balance and will cast future votes accordingly.

    We don't live in a direct democracy--I'm not sure everyone attending these Town Halls understand this.
    Actually, "most" is defined as "more than half", "majority". 53% is "most" by any HONEST definition of the word.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Specter: Protests not 'representative of America'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    In what world does 53% not equal "most"?
    In the Messiah world. If someone doesn't support the Messiah, they're heretics and don't count. The Followers are saying, "damn it, the Messiah wants to destroy America, so we're going to ignore the people that want to save it."

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •