Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 133

Thread: Report: Economists Say Recession Over, Want Bernanke to Stay

  1. #91
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,590

    Re: Report: Economists Say Recession Over, Want Bernanke to Stay

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I have to disagree with the bolded part; when I was studying economics in college, we used to believe that the natural rate of unemployment was around 6% I believe.

    Anything at or below this figure is not too bad. 4.5% is almost an anomaly for a national rate; in my educated opinion.
    My point is, if the economy can be considered, "recovered", unemployment has to go back to the percentage it was at at it's beginning. The 4.5% neighborhood is the new standard to be met by the government, so as to claim they fixed the economy. Just my common sense opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Report: Economists Say Recession Over, Want Bernanke to Stay

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    My point is, if the economy can be considered, "recovered", unemployment has to go back to the percentage it was at at it's beginning. The 4.5% neighborhood is the new standard to be met by the government, so as to claim they fixed the economy. Just my common sense opinion.
    Then you're setting the bar to an unreasonable standard; but hey, you have your opinion and I am right....Ooooops, I meant to type I have mine.

  3. #93
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,590

    Re: Report: Economists Say Recession Over, Want Bernanke to Stay

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Then you're setting the bar to an unreasonable standard; but hey, you have your opinion and I am right....Ooooops, I meant to type I have mine.
    Obviously, it's not an unreasonable standard, since the unemployment rate hovered in that range for quite a few years. I know I'm right, you don't have to tell me
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Report: Economists Say Recession Over, Want Bernanke to Stay

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obviously, it's not an unreasonable standard, since the unemployment rate hovered in that range for quite a few years. I know I'm right, you don't have to tell me
    Yes Apdst, but we must all ask ourselves, is it a reasonable expectation to achieve that rate which was under Republican stewardship and the Bush administration seeing that the Liberals claim he was such a moron.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    01-30-10 @ 07:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Report: Economists Say Recession Over, Want Bernanke to Stay

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    What are you talking about? The stimulus isn't getting paid back by anyone.
    Fair enough, perhaps I should have said the bailouts instead. Some of these have indeed been paid back.

  6. #96
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: Report: Economists Say Recession Over, Want Bernanke to Stay

    I just posted this article over in the Blogs section, but here is the direct link:


    The GOP's Misplaced Rage
    Leading conservative economist Bruce Bartlett writes that the Obama-hating town-hall mobs have it wrong—the person they should be angry with left the White House seven months ago.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Report: Economists Say Recession Over, Want Bernanke to Stay

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Oh, yeah -- YOU'VE got the moral authority to be pontificating on this. Riiiight.
    Why thank you Harshaw!

  8. #98
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Report: Economists Say Recession Over, Want Bernanke to Stay

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    I just posted this article over in the Blogs section, but here is the direct link:


    The GOP's Misplaced Rage
    Leading conservative economist Bruce Bartlett writes that the Obama-hating town-hall mobs have it wrong—the person they should be angry with left the White House seven months ago.
    Oh yeah, Obama has done absolutely nothing to exacerbate the recession right?

    Believe me, I didn't like Bush's economic policies any more than I like Obama's, but criticizing Bush right now doesn't do any good. Obama's running the ship and he could fix it if he would stop trying to fix it.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Report: Economists Say Recession Over, Want Bernanke to Stay

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    I just posted this article over in the Blogs section, but here is the direct link:


    The GOP's Misplaced Rage
    Leading conservative economist Bruce Bartlett writes that the Obama-hating town-hall mobs have it wrong—the person they should be angry with left the White House seven months ago.
    I guess that puts the lie to most of the anti-Obama right-wing hate BS that the media loves to show because it sells soap!
    Personally, I think Obama is a very decent, uplifting man & can't imagine why he is so hated by the far rights wackos????
    What could it possibly be?????

  10. #100
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Report: Economists Say Recession Over, Want Bernanke to Stay

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I guess that puts the lie to most of the anti-Obama right-wing hate BS that the media loves to show because it sells soap!
    Personally, I think Obama is a very decent, uplifting man & can't imagine why he is so hated by the far rights wackos????
    What could it possibly be?????
    Couldn't just be that I hate his economic policies. Oh no. I must just hate that man because I'm a racist or something. No decent person could disagree with him. No way.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •