Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: Wider Role Is Seen for Rove in Firings of Prosecutors

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Wider Role Is Seen for Rove in Firings of Prosecutors

    Of course we all also understand that Karl Rove had no power to effect any changes. Therefore, someone above him must have also broken laws to illegally fire these attys. We need to get Rove to cop a plea & nail the REAL top bad guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Devil505; 08-12-09 at 08:47 AM.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Wider Role Is Seen for Rove in Firings of Prosecutors

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    It's pretty clear that America has rejected the GOP politics of yester year. And, perhaps, that is not only because of the abuse of power and political shenanigans that became synonomous with the GOP during the Bush years but also because we seemed to have forgotten all about the democrat shenanigans 8-10 years preceeding.
    Americans certainly were fooled into rejected GOP politics; and now they have a $1.8 trillion deficit and mounting debt to thank for it all.

    One thing is certain, the efforts of the Democrat and their willing minions in the drive-by media were successful in blaming Republicans for everything from Hurricane Katrina to warts. But alas, the reality is far different from the "perception."

    If not for the serious personal impact this cabal of lunatics in the Democrat party are causing us, I would be enjoying watching Americans come to the realization that once again they were fooled and misinformed by the mainstream media and how much the mainstream media was in the tank for their guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Republicans vs. Democrats. Bloods vs. Crips. No matter who gets the upperhand, they are all still scumbags in my opinion.
    There is a lot of truth to this; however, there are far more scum bags, or perhaps just plain stupid, politicians on the Democrat side than there are on the Republican side which is why I always prescribe to vote for the LESSER of the two evils.

    Government is one of those necessary evils societies have to deal with; the reason the US has been so successful was the built in checks and balances of our Constitution, our forefathers warranted suspicion of politicians and Governments to usurp people's rights and the formerly cynicism of the American people with regards to their politicians.

    One cannot trust ANYONE who has to pander to voters and contributors to get a job; but one must also only support those who at least espouse the belief that LESS Government is always better than MORE Government; something that appears to be lacking in todayís politics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I think that the efforts to hang Rove out to dry are just as futile as the Clinton witch hunt/crucifixion was. And it's all for naught.
    I am always amazed when people make this kind of argument; Clinton lied under oath about sex with an INTERN. There isn't a corporation in America today that would not have terminated a President for this gross lack of good judgment.

    Yet here you go again, claiming it was a "witch" hunt. Yet the FACTS are that we had a sitting President who was so arrogant and smug that he felt he could have with his employees, LIE about it and then get away with it.

    He was a major embarrassment to the office of the President and should have lost his job; but alas, the Democrats in the Senate just could not bring themselves to the RIGHT thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    You can't get toothpaste back into the tube. I say we just save the millions and millions the govt. spends on these vendictive "get-backs" and spend it on our troops instead. True, justice has to be worth something. But I am somewhat skeptical and that, at the end of the day, only the lawyers will get anything of any value from it. The process can be stretched out far longer than our collective interest can stay interested. Millions of dollars later, nothing.

    Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. Best just let sleeping dogs lie.
    One hundred percent agreement on this one; unfortunately, I do not think that the lunatics running Congress today can bring themselves to drop this partisan witch hunt and efforts to impugn those they politically disagree with.

    It is a sad testament to the state of Democrat politics which have remained mostly unchanged for decades and illustrative why such ingrates should be kept on the fringe of political power.

    You would be hard pressed to find Republicans who have stooped this low; but I am all eyes to see any evidence of it. This is not to suggest they are infallible, but when you watch the Congress in action and see the behavior on committees of the likes of Conyers, Barney FfffFranks, Maxine Waters, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and Henry the clown Waxman, you have to wonder how these retards ever get up and tie their shoes in the morning.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Wider Role Is Seen for Rove in Firings of Prosecutors

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I think criminal activity needs to be pursued & punished even when it involves former Presidents, VP's or their henchmen. Ford's 1974 pardon of Nixon (& Nixon's acceptance of same) may possibly have emboldened, GW Bush, D. Cheney, Rove et al into feeling they were also above the law....like Nixon.
    I say Obama should step totally aside & let AG Holder do his job & let the chips fall where they may. (a special prosecutor would be the way to go, imo)
    We are a nation of laws, not men.
    And yet, with all the demagoguery and investigations, no criminal activity ever occurred except for the public exclamations of Democrats who seem to have an amazing propensity for yelling "the sky is falling."

    I agree with you; let the investigations and kangaroo courts begin! Let's get the truth out there and let the American people see what desperate and corrupt politicians the Democrats are as they attempt to continue to impugn the reputation of those whom they politically disagree with.

    One thing has been apparent in all the desperate acts by the Democrats to impugn those they disagree with; there has been no rush to send out criminal complaints and subpoenas because the REAL goal of the Democrats has not been to get the truth and prosecute criminal behavior.

    The REAL goal here is to drag the reputations of good people through the mud of public opinion in the media in an effort to give the PERCEPTION that Bush and his administration was somehow "corrupt."

    So it will beg the question of those like you who think that there was this "corrupt" and "criminal" behavior; if, when the Democrats are done wasting tax payer money and NO criminal complaints or prosecutions come forth, will you still desperately cling to your notions about the Bush administration which will have been proved to be nothing more than political posturing and unjustified public incrimination?

    I think not; but there is always hope that Americans will see through all the partisan BS, distortions, demagoguery and political posturing and see these Democrat thugs for what they are.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Wider Role Is Seen for Rove in Firings of Prosecutors

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Americans certainly were fooled into rejected GOP politics; and now they have a $1.8 trillion deficit and mounting debt to thank for it all.

    One thing is certain, the efforts of the Democrat and their willing minions in the drive-by media were successful in blaming Republicans for everything from Hurricane Katrina to warts. But alas, the reality is far different from the "perception."

    If not for the serious personal impact this cabal of lunatics in the Democrat party are causing us, I would be enjoying watching Americans come to the realization that once again they were fooled and misinformed by the mainstream media and how much the mainstream media was in the tank for their guy.



    There is a lot of truth to this; however, there are far more scum bags, or perhaps just plain stupid, politicians on the Democrat side than there are on the Republican side which is why I always prescribe to vote for the LESSER of the two evils.

    Government is one of those necessary evils societies have to deal with; the reason the US has been so successful was the built in checks and balances of our Constitution, our forefathers warranted suspicion of politicians and Governments to usurp people's rights and the formerly cynicism of the American people with regards to their politicians.

    One cannot trust ANYONE who has to pander to voters and contributors to get a job; but one must also only support those who at least espouse the belief that LESS Government is always better than MORE Government; something that appears to be lacking in todayís politics.



    I am always amazed when people make this kind of argument; Clinton lied under oath about sex with an INTERN. There isn't a corporation in America today that would not have terminated a President for this gross lack of good judgment.

    Yet here you go again, claiming it was a "witch" hunt. Yet the FACTS are that we had a sitting President who was so arrogant and smug that he felt he could have with his employees, LIE about it and then get away with it.

    He was a major embarrassment to the office of the President and should have lost his job; but alas, the Democrats in the Senate just could not bring themselves to the RIGHT thing.



    One hundred percent agreement on this one; unfortunately, I do not think that the lunatics running Congress today can bring themselves to drop this partisan witch hunt and efforts to impugn those they politically disagree with.

    It is a sad testament to the state of Democrat politics which have remained mostly unchanged for decades and illustrative why such ingrates should be kept on the fringe of political power.

    You would be hard pressed to find Republicans who have stooped this low; but I am all eyes to see any evidence of it. This is not to suggest they are infallible, but when you watch the Congress in action and see the behavior on committees of the likes of Conyers, Barney FfffFranks, Maxine Waters, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and Henry the clown Waxman, you have to wonder how these retards ever get up and tie their shoes in the morning.
    Amazing.......A very long post with not one word directed anywhere near the subject of this thread.
    Have any thoughts about Rove or politically based firings of US Attys?

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Wider Role Is Seen for Rove in Firings of Prosecutors

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I'm glad the inner Rove is as ugly as the outer Rove. I know it's a terribly superficial thing to say, but he is a pure scumbag. No surprise here.
    Because you say so.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Wider Role Is Seen for Rove in Firings of Prosecutors

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Got to love the right wingers..

    Investigating government corruption during a Republican government.. never!! unless its the Dems doing the corrupting of course.There was no wrong doing so no investigations is needed.
    I am amused by your VERSION of the events. But alas, this isnít a right winger/left winger issue.

    There have been countless attempts to impugn Rove including a major multi-million dollar investigation into the Plame affair and yet, with all this not one charge has been filed.

    There is nothing wrong with investigating wrong doing; there is a LOT wrong however with political hatchet jobs.

    I would ask you the same thing I asked Devil; if, when the Democrats are done wasting tax payer money and NO criminal complaints or prosecutions come forth, will you still desperately cling to your notions about the Bush administration which will have been proved to be nothing more than political posturing and unjustified public incrimination?


    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Investigating a President for supposed corruption which then morfs into an investigation into his sex life... HELL YEA, lets spend half a billion dollars doing that!.. he is after all a Democrat. Most expensive blow job in history and you got only a lousy T-Shirt saying "Clinton lied" out of it.
    Yet this was not what the Clinton affair was all about was it? It was about a President who exercised extremely poor judgment by having an affair with an intern and then lying under oath about it which also ended with his law license being suspended and him being disbarred.

    In any company in the world, you would get fired for having an affair with your employees and for good reason. Lawsuits are the first one to come to mind. Abuse of power is another.

    I cannot fathom how ANYONE with a modicum of honesty, intelligence and integrity can defend the actions of Clinton in this issue; but there you go again.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Right wing = hypocrites and the party of "NO" and double standards.
    What irony watching someone like you claim others are hypocrites. Your efforts define hypocrisy.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Wider Role Is Seen for Rove in Firings of Prosecutors

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Amazing.......A very long post with not one word directed anywhere near the subject of this thread.
    Have any thoughts about Rove or politically based firings of US Attys?
    What is amazing is your desperate attempts to suggest that taking my comments out of context to what they responded to is somehow a legitimate argument. I cannot say I am surprised by this based on your history here, but it is pathetic at best.

    Come back when you have something more than mere trolling to debate.


  8. #28
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Wider Role Is Seen for Rove in Firings of Prosecutors

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Amazing.......A very long post with not one word directed anywhere near the subject of this thread.
    Have any thoughts about Rove or politically based firings of US Attys?
    Why anyone bothers to respond to Truth Detector is beyond me. This is not an insult to you, Devil--this is merely incredulousness on my part.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Wider Role Is Seen for Rove in Firings of Prosecutors

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What is amazing is your desperate attempts to suggest that taking my comments out of context to what they responded to is somehow a legitimate argument. I cannot say I am surprised by this based on your history here, but it is pathetic at best.

    Come back when you have something more than mere trolling to debate.


    What is the topic of this thread?....I'll read it to you:
    Wider Role Is Seen for Rove in Firings of Prosecutors

  10. #30
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Wider Role Is Seen for Rove in Firings of Prosecutors

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    What is the topic of this thread?....I'll read it to you:
    Wider Role Is Seen for Rove in Firings of Prosecutors
    *cough* IGNORE *cough*

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •