Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: Obama it's the post office that's always having problems.

  1. #11
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Obama it's the post office that's always having problems.

    Ya know Prof, your message would be better served if it wasn't in halting bullet points.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama it's the post office that's always having problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    The USPS excels at....deliverying processed dead trees with advertising crap printed on them that almost no one reads. It would be more efficient for the USPS to deliver most of it's freight straight to the town dump.
    Now if we could get them to stop delivering bills.

  3. #13
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: Obama it's the post office that's always having problems.

    I don't believe that this Town Hall was to majorly get the Legit major questions out of the way, it was mainly to get the far-fetched ideas (like Death Squads) out of the debate. I believe that the legit main points against this Health Care Reform will be addressed in his future Town Hall meetings.

    Even though I could be wrong, and this could be Obama dropping the ball on his major chance to actually fight back and regain control on this debate.

  4. #14
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Obama it's the post office that's always having problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    And if FedEx and UPS didn't have to compete against the postal service's prices, would shipping be as cheap as it is today?
    They would still have to compete with each other.So I would guess yes.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama it's the post office that's always having problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Ya know Prof, your message would be better served if it wasn't in halting bullet points.
    thank you, friend

    i of course hear you, but it's not true

    you'll get used to it

    thanks!

    chris matthews msnbc hardball this afternoon, round table chat about obama's appearance at portsmouth---

    consensus among chris, howard fineman and eugene robinson---obama looked bad before such a handpicked audience

    a "disconnect" was the agreed upon description---between the unscripted townhalls america's been watching very interestedly on tv and what went down in that hi school gym

    chrissy's own words---"we don't want to replace the guy with the gun with a peanut gallery"

    he was referring to the libertarian who showed up outside the hi school with a pistol holstered to his thigh

    him, chrissy interviewed very aggressively at the start of this afternoon's hardball

    the point---consensus among msnbc's punditry so far is the prez blew it

    they're not gonna be able to say anything else cuz it's too undeniably true

    the audience was way too handpicked, way too IN LOVE

    considering what his colleagues have gone thru, it was embarrassing

    thanks for the feedback, friend

    i have much to say, no faster way

    cliff
    Last edited by The Prof; 08-11-09 at 10:03 PM.

  6. #16
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Obama it's the post office that's always having problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    thank you, friend

    i of course hear you, but it's not true

    you'll get used to it

    thanks!

    chris matthews msnbc hardball this afternoon, round table chat about obama's appearance at portsmouth---

    consensus among chris, howard fineman and eugene robinson---obama looked bad before such a handpicked audience

    a "disconnect" was the agreed upon description---between the unscripted townhalls america's been watching very interestedly on tv and what went down in that hi school gym

    chrissy's own words---"we don't want to replace the guy with the gun with a peanut gallery"

    he was referring to the libertarian who showed up outside the hi school with a pistol holstered to his thigh

    him, chrissy interviewed very aggressively at the start of this afternoon's hardball

    the point---consensus among msnbc's punditry so far is the prez blew it

    they're not gonna be able to say anything else cuz it's too undeniably true

    the audience was way too handpicked, way too IN LOVE

    considering what his colleagues have gone thru, it was embarrassing

    thanks for the feedback, friend

    i have much to say, no faster way

    cliff
    Vichio is right....you may have a lot to say, but nobody is reading it because the format you are choosing is ineffective. I read about 2 lines and stopped...which is what I do with the vast majority of your posts and its not because of the content...
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #17
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Obama it's the post office that's always having problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Vichio is right....you may have a lot to say, but nobody is reading it because the format you are choosing is ineffective. I read about 2 lines and stopped...which is what I do with the vast majority of your posts and its not because of the content...
    I at least made it to three lines.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  8. #18
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama it's the post office that's always having problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Breitbart.tv Obama: ĎItís the Post Office Thatís Always Having Problemsí

    0:52-1:00

    "UPS and Fed are doing just fine, it's the post office that's always having problems..."

    Yeah, and you want Government run healthcare again why?
    What problems is he referring to?

    The post office for the past, oh couple decades was profitable. Only in the past years has it started to bleed red.

    Furthermore, upon examination of its financial (which I know you and your like never do), it's the benefit plan that's killing it. Strip that out and several years it made over a billion in profit.

    United States Postal Service 2002 Annual Report

    Seriously, the sheer innate laziness of many posters here is amazing. Or the financial illiteracy.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #19
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama it's the post office that's always having problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by creation View Post
    A good point Sir.

    However,we all know that the US post office does a more extensive service than the private ones.

    It would be a trifle to compete if it could actually choose to only do the most most profitable lines of business.
    And it would be absolutely idiotic to talk about its finances without actually looking at its finances....but we all know plenty people here pretend they can discuss financials without even bothering to crack open a statement of operations.

    here's looking at Mr. V.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #20
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama it's the post office that's always having problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    They would still have to compete with each other.So I would guess yes.
    Perhaps, but it seems real questionable how a firm can produce profits delivering low profit, high volume goods that require exorbitant amounts of delivery fuel.

    Do other countries have private letter mail delivery companies operating on a bulk model??
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •