Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: White House Launches Web Site to Battle Health Care 'Rumors'

  1. #11
    User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Last Seen
    05-04-10 @ 03:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    78

  2. #12
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: White House Launches Web Site to Battle Health Care 'Rumors'

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    No, I call THESE lies, all addressed by the White House site and all promoted by the people you so vigorously defend.

    reform will mean a "government takeover" of health care or lead to "rationing."

    reform would encourage or even require euthanasia for seniors

    reform will affect veterans' access to the care they get now

    health insurance reform will hurt small businesses.

    Health Insurance Reform would be financed by cutting Medicare benefits.

    reform will force you out of your current insurance plan or force you to change doctors


    If you object to health care reform on "principle", why do you spread lies like these?
    Get the facts about the stability and security you get from health insurance reform | Health Insurance Reform Reality Check
    Oh?

    Whom do I "vigorously defend," where have I done it, and which of them -- specifically -- said these things, knowing them to be untrue?

    Besides, you bring these up as though they're the only criticisms offered. Either you know they're not, making YOU a liar, or you're just plain uninformed.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #13
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Launches Web Site to Battle Health Care 'Rumors'

    well, something is needed to counteract the ridiculous claims being made by palin and co.......unfortunately, i'm not sure most of THAT base can navigate the internet.

  4. #14
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House Launches Web Site to Battle Health Care 'Rumors'

    bingo. why lie?

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: White House Launches Web Site to Battle Health Care 'Rumors'

    1. waxman/rangel fines individuals caught uninsured

    2. it forces folks to fend for themselves, they must buy that which they can't afford in the first place

    3. it significantly steepens the cost curve upwards

    4. it covers illegals

    5. it funds abortion on demand

    6. it looks for huge savings in end of life costs

    7. it cuts a half billion from medicare and medicaid

    8. the prez hasn't read it, doesn't know what's in it

    9. it's foot in the door to further nationalization down the road

    10. it places a surcharge tax on individuals over 250G and couples over 350

    11. it taxes employers 8% who refuse to play

    12. in the senate, john kerry has proposed taxing med benefits

    i have supplied links for all of the above on other posts in this fine forum

  6. #16
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: White House Launches Web Site to Battle Health Care 'Rumors'

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    bingo. why lie?
    Bush lied. Cheney lied. Palin lied. Rush is lying. Conservatives are lying.

    Blah, blah, blah.

    This is always your recourse when you're cornered. It's right up there with I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I?

    That light at the end of the tunnel is a train. The stock market is jumping not because the economy is improving (unemployment is still horrible); it's because Obama's agenda is in trouble and capitalism is growing optimistic again.

    It's tiime to abandon the childish tactics of the 60s, stop demonizing everything this country was founded on, and open your eyes to what is real, and what is propaganda. Heil, Obama!

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: White House Launches Web Site to Battle Health Care 'Rumors'

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Bush lied. Cheney lied. Palin lied. Rush is lying. Conservatives are lying.

    Blah, blah, blah.

    This is always your recourse when you're cornered. It's right up there with I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I?

    That light at the end of the tunnel is a train. The stock market is jumping not because the economy is improving (unemployment is still horrible); it's because Obama's agenda is in trouble and capitalism is growing optimistic again.

    It's tiime to abandon the childish tactics of the 60s, stop demonizing everything this country was founded on, and open your eyes to what is real, and what is propaganda. Heil, Obama!

    They have to say its a lie, otherwise they'd have to think about what they're being ordered to support.

    That's not a habit they're accustomed to.

    The funny part is that they, Democrats, Party of Clinton, would ever complain about anyone lying.

  8. #18
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: White House Launches Web Site to Battle Health Care 'Rumors'

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    No, I call THESE lies, all addressed by the White House site and all promoted by the people you so vigorously defend.

    reform will mean a "government takeover" of health care or lead to "rationing."

    reform would encourage or even require euthanasia for seniors

    reform will affect veterans' access to the care they get now

    health insurance reform will hurt small businesses.

    Health Insurance Reform would be financed by cutting Medicare benefits.

    reform will force you out of your current insurance plan or force you to change doctors


    If you object to health care reform on "principle", why do you spread lies like these?
    Get the facts about the stability and security you get from health insurance reform | Health Insurance Reform Reality Check
    Have you read the House Bill? If you have then you know what you posted as lies are really the truth.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: White House Launches Web Site to Battle Health Care 'Rumors'

    A bill 1,000+ pages long that isn't clear in it's intent can be used by both sides for whatever they want.

    Since the Dem's bill is so... ambiguous it's disingeniousness for either side to claim what is a lie and what is truth.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #20
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: White House Launches Web Site to Battle Health Care 'Rumors'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    A bill 1,000+ pages long that isn't clear in it's intent can be used by both sides for whatever they want.

    Since the Dem's bill is so... ambiguous it's disingeniousness for either side to claim what is a lie and what is truth.
    All the more reason to oppose this POS.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •