Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 139

Thread: Criminal investigation into CIA treatment of detainees expected [edited]

  1. #91
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Criminal investigation into CIA treatment of detainees expected [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Its stunning watching Liberals desperately re-define their version of what constitutes torture for purely political purposes.

    But alas, water boarding is not torture as defined by the UN, the definition of torture and the Geneva Conventions.

    What is equally stunning is that the efforts of good men and women to defend the very liberals attempting to impugn their actions for partisan political gain should be brought into question and divined as being illegal; you people just cannot help yourselves when it comes to disingenuous partisan hyperbolic bull****.
    Ha getting a lecture from a birther is hillarious. There is no re-defining of torture here. It has been pretty damned clear for decades that waterboarding is torture as we've prosecuted it overseas and in this country. Waterboarding IS torture under the definition of Geneva and US Law. We prosecuted the japanese for waterboarding. We prosecuted it here in the US under Reagan's justice department. Reagan must be rolling in his grave as you continue to be a torture apologists. Once upon a time the right stood for the rule of law. I guess that time has passed.

  2. #92
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Criminal investigation into CIA treatment of detainees expected [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    We didn't. We executed Japanese soldiers for losing the war. Same reason we hung the Nazis at Nuremburg.
    Oh so we just made up war crimes as an excuse then Celtic.. gotcha

  3. #93
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Criminal investigation into CIA treatment of detainees expected [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Another laughable assertion suggesting that unlawful enemy combatants dressed as civilians fighting in foreign lands have any application to Geneva Conventions.

    It is about the same despicable contorted logic we see when Durbin compares American treatment of prisoners to Nazis.

    Liberals just can't help themselves when it comes to the despicable divisive hyperbolic rhetoric that serves to drive a huge wedge between our political ideologies while blathering about the need to work together.
    They actually do according to the supreme court. This has nothing to do with Liberals in Hamdan V. Rumsfeld the supreme court determined that the Geneva conventions do apply to enemy combatants. So far you're the only one spewing divisive rhetoric

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Criminal investigation into CIA treatment of detainees expected [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Actually, you are wrong. Will you admit it?
    Japanese soldiers were convicted of waterboarding at the Tokyo Trials, officially known as the International Military Tribunal for the Far East.
    Correction: U.S. actually did execute Japanese soldiers for waterboarding | Crooks and Liars
    I see you have difficulty distinguishing the difference between our version of water boarding and Japanese Water torture; or perhaps it is willful; reality has never been your forte’.

    In addition, the only reason Japanese were tried in war crimes was the FACT that they indeed violated Geneva Conventions they had signed onto, there actions were indeed the definition of torture and they were the vanquished. Had they won, they would have been the ones conducting trials.

    What is despicable with yours and others desperate attempts is the desire to prosecute your own countrymen by fabricating this outrage at perceived and fabricated crimes for purely partisan political purposes.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Criminal investigation into CIA treatment of detainees expected [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The irony level in this post is high.
    As if you could recognize irony if it slapped you in your face?

  6. #96
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Criminal investigation into CIA treatment of detainees expected [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I see you have difficulty distinguishing the difference between our version of water boarding and Japanese Water torture; or perhaps it is willful; reality has never been your forte’.

    In addition, the only reason Japanese were tried in war crimes was the FACT that they indeed violated Geneva Conventions they had signed onto, there actions were indeed the definition of torture and they were the vanquished. Had they won, they would have been the ones conducting trials.

    What is despicable with yours and others desperate attempts is the desire to prosecute your own countrymen by fabricating this outrage at perceived and fabricated crimes for purely partisan political purposes.
    Waterboarding is waterboarding. We prosecuted it here in the united states in 1983. It is illegal under our laws. It is torture. Just because another country doesn't sign onto Geneva doesn't mean we get to break our obligation. We signed onto Geneva and international law that we ratify essentially becomes US Law. If our form of waterboarding was so effective and useful why did we need to waterboard someone 183 times?

  7. #97
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Criminal investigation into CIA treatment of detainees expected [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I see you have difficulty distinguishing the difference between our version of water boarding and Japanese Water torture; or perhaps it is willful; reality has never been your forte’.

    In addition, the only reason Japanese were tried in war crimes was the FACT that they indeed violated Geneva Conventions they had signed onto, there actions were indeed the definition of torture and they were the vanquished. Had they won, they would have been the ones conducting trials.

    What is despicable with yours and others desperate attempts is the desire to prosecute your own countrymen by fabricating this outrage at perceived and fabricated crimes for purely partisan political purposes.
    You don't seem to know your history. Geneva didn't take place until 1949. The tokyo trials took place in 1946. So no Japan didn't sign onto Geneva during the time we tried and executed Japanese war criminals

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Criminal investigation into CIA treatment of detainees expected [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Ha getting a lecture from a birther is hillarious.
    Another false and hyperbolic claim; but then, being a Liberal, this is usually all you have right?

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    There is no re-defining of torture here. It has been pretty damned clear for decades that waterboarding is torture as we've prosecuted it overseas and in this country. Waterboarding IS torture under the definition of Geneva and US Law.
    This would be false. Of course you wish to define water boarding along with the types of water torture used by our enemies as one and the same; but alas, they are not.

    Your claim as defined by the Geneva Convention is false and I challenge you to post the exact language from the Convention that supports your contention; I have read it closely throughout many debates, perhaps you should as well before making such farcical claims?

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    We prosecuted the japanese for waterboarding.
    Once again, what the Japanese did was NOT water boarding as conducted by our people and your desperate highly emotional rants in a vacuum of the facts simply don't make it so.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    We prosecuted it here in the US under Reagan's justice department. Reagan must be rolling in his grave as you continue to be a torture apologists.
    Provide the exact facts and case that supports such desperate assertions and we can debate those as well.

    The notion that I am a torture apologist is as hyperbolic and farcical as your desperate assertion that I am a "birther."

    But it is a typical tactic used by Liberals who wallow in denial and fabricate versions of reality that support their failed partisan beliefs.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Once upon a time the right stood for the rule of law. I guess that time has passed.
    The notion that we don't stand for the rule of law is once more the realm of hysterical emotional hyperbole expressed by Liberals like you for purely partisan political purposes.

    But then, since when did you ever concern yourself with facts and honesty based on the false claims you made in your rebuttal above. Your more adept at emotional hysterics than dealing in honesty facts and historical realities; but this is to be expected from Liberals.

  9. #99
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Criminal investigation into CIA treatment of detainees expected [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Another false and hyperbolic claim; but then, being a Liberal, this is usually all you have right?
    I see so anyone you disagree with must automatically make them a liberal right? So that would make you what? An extremist right? You are a birther nothing to complain about there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    This would be false. Of course you wish to define water boarding along with the types of water torture used by our enemies as one and the same; but alas, they are not.
    Waterboarding as we have defined it. Once again we have prosecuted Waterboarding here in the US when a texas sheriff and 3 of his deputies used it on prisoners to elicit false confessions. Waterboarding is torture plain and simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Your claim as defined by the Geneva Convention is false and I challenge you to post the exact language from the Convention that supports your contention; I have read it closely throughout many debates, perhaps you should as well before making such farcical claims?
    You do know that when we sign treaties we are obligated to follow them right? Regardless of if a country has signed onto it or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Once again, what the Japanese did was NOT water boarding as conducted by our people and your desperate highly emotional rants in a vacuum of the facts simply don't make it so.
    What you seem not to understand is we have prosecuted Waterboarding here in this country. Regardless of the japanese we still have prosecuted it. So yes waterboarding is against the law no matter how much you pretend it isn't

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Provide the exact facts and case that supports such desperate assertions and we can debate those as well.
    James parker and 3 of his sheriffs were convicted in 1983 of waterboarding prisoners to force confessions for crimes.
    Waterboarding: A Tortured History : NPR

    Waterboarding Used to Be a Crime - washingtonpost.com


    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The notion that I am a torture apologist is as hyperbolic and farcical as your desperate assertion that I am a "birther."

    But it is a typical tactic used by Liberals who wallow in denial and fabricate versions of reality that support their failed partisan beliefs.



    The notion that we don't stand for the rule of law is once more the realm of hysterical emotional hyperbole expressed by Liberals like you for purely partisan political purposes.

    But then, since when did you ever concern yourself with facts and honesty based on the false claims you made in your rebuttal above. Your more adept at emotional hysterics than dealing in honesty facts and historical realities; but this is to be expected from Liberals.

    Really? You seem pretty emotional here with some vile invective not based on any facts but rather your own personal feelings. Everyone who seems to disagree with you is a liberal and then you throw up strawmen to describe what you think a liberal is. I'm dealing with the facts you're spinning on emotion

  10. #100
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Criminal investigation into CIA treatment of detainees expected [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I see you have difficulty distinguishing the difference between our version of water boarding and Japanese Water torture; or perhaps it is willful; reality has never been your forte’.

    In addition, the only reason Japanese were tried in war crimes was the FACT that they indeed violated Geneva Conventions they had signed onto, there actions were indeed the definition of torture and they were the vanquished. Had they won, they would have been the ones conducting trials.

    What is despicable with yours and others desperate attempts is the desire to prosecute your own countrymen by fabricating this outrage at perceived and fabricated crimes for purely partisan political purposes.
    The only partisan at work here is you, now trying to draw some fine distintion with the difference between Japanese waterboarding and American waterboarding. Your hypocrisy is obvious to everyone, your feeble attempts to excuse the criminal behaviour of your Beloved Bush is transparent and pathetic. You wail about prosecuting my "countrymen". The Unibomber, Eric Rudolph, Charles Manson and Timothy McVeigh were also my "countrymen", should I defend them? I'll wager my ancestors have defended this land a hell of a lot longer than yours, and we have learned when to excuse a "countryman" and when to prosecute him. Obviously you have not been around long enough to figure that out.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •