Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74

Thread: Trucks win in Cash for Clunkers game

  1. #1
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Trucks win in Cash for Clunkers game

    Trucks win in Cash for Clunkers game
    NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- What are people trading their clunkers in for? It depends on who you ask.

    The government's results showed small cars as the top choice for shoppers looking for Cash for Clunker deals. But an independent analysis by Edmunds.com disputed those results, and showed that two full-size trucks and a small crossover SUV were actually among the top-ten buys.

    The discrepancy is a result of the methods used. Edmunds.com uses traditional sales measurements, tallying sales by make and model. The government uses a more arcane measurement method that subdivides models according to engine and transmission types, counting them as separate models
    Reality check: Trucks win in Cash for Clunkers game - Aug. 7, 2009

    So, when gas prices go up again, are the liberals going to blame The Obama for all the new trucks and SUVs on the road, driving up demand?

    Or will they still blame Bush and Cheney?

  2. #2
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-30-09 @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    446

    Re: Trucks win in Cash for Clunkers game

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Reality check: Trucks win in Cash for Clunkers game - Aug. 7, 2009

    So, when gas prices go up again, are the liberals going to blame The Obama for all the new trucks and SUVs on the road, driving up demand?

    Or will they still blame Bush and Cheney?
    Care to prove that the trucks being put on the road will have a lower mpg than the vehicles being taken off the road? Otherwise, your argument is shot.

  3. #3
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Trucks win in Cash for Clunkers game

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    Care to prove that the trucks being put on the road will have a lower mpg than the vehicles being taken off the road? Otherwise, your argument is shot.
    How 'bout you post some info proving the article wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #4
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Trucks win in Cash for Clunkers game

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    Care to prove that the trucks being put on the road will have a lower mpg than the vehicles being taken off the road? Otherwise, your argument is shot.
    I dont have a thing to prove, as I haven't stated a position.

    I did, however, ask two questions.
    Care to answer them?

  5. #5
    Professor
    Joe1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: Trucks win in Cash for Clunkers game

    CARS.gov - Car Allowance Rebate System - Helpful Q&As for Consumers - Formerly Referred to as “Cash for Clunkers”

    clunker rule: have a combined city/highway fuel economy of 18 miles per gallon or less

    the new vehicle must have a combined fuel economy value of at least 22 miles per gallon

  6. #6
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Trucks win in Cash for Clunkers game

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    the new vehicle must have a combined fuel economy value of at least 22 miles per gallon
    Aside from the fact this is not true, how does this answer my questions?

    A vehicle may get as little as 15 MPG and qualify under the program.

    Cash for Clunkers Car Buying Stimulus Program

    This means you can trade in your 'clunker' and get a 4x4 Suburban or 3500 Silverado.

  7. #7
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: Trucks win in Cash for Clunkers game

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Aside from the fact this is not true, how does this answer my questions?

    A vehicle may get as little as 15 MPG and qualify under the program.

    Cash for Clunkers Car Buying Stimulus Program

    This means you can trade in your 'clunker' and get a 4x4 Suburban or 3500 Silverado.

    Q&A: How the 'cash-for-clunker' plan would work
    Q: What about trucks?

    A: It's more complicated.

    For standard-duty models most SUVs, vans and pickups:

    1. The old one must be rated 18 mpg or less.

    2. The new one must be at least 2 mpg better for $3,500 or at least 5 mpg better for $4,500.

    For heavy-duties (6,000 to 8,500 pounds gross vehicle weight rating):

    1. The old one must be rated 15 mpg or less.

    2. The new one must be rated at least 1 mpg better for $3,500, or 2 mpg or more for $4,500.

    Work trucks (8,500 to 10,000 lbs.) don't have mpg ratings, so age is the criteria. The old one has to be a 2001 model or older. And only $3,500 is available.

  8. #8
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Trucks win in Cash for Clunkers game

    Yes. I know. That's what I posted.

    I -still- dont see any answers to my questions.

  9. #9
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Trucks win in Cash for Clunkers game

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yes. I know. That's what I posted.

    I -still- dont see any answers to my questions.
    Your questions cannot be answered when they start from a flawed premise (which is typical of your questions).

    Logic will tell you that there are not more large trucks and SUV's on the road...and that those on the road under the program are required to get better gas mileage than the ones turned in.

    Perhaps if you want answers to your questions, you'll start with an honest question that doesn't base itself on false ideas.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #10
    Professor
    Joe1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,829

    Thumbs up Re: Trucks win in Cash for Clunkers game

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    ...and that those on the road under the program are required to get better gas mileage than the ones turned in.
    boom. there it is.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •