Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: In good sign, job losses slow as unemployment dips

  1. #1
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    In good sign, job losses slow as unemployment dips

    In good sign, job losses slow as unemployment dips - Yahoo! News

    Employers sharply scaled back layoffs in July, and the unemployment rate dipped for the first time in 15 months, sending a strong signal that the worst recession since World War II is finally ending.

    The "party of no" isn't going to like this. Further signs that Obama's plans are turning around the economy.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #2
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: In good sign, job losses slow as unemployment dips



  3. #3
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: In good sign, job losses slow as unemployment dips

    You know, its funny...

    2002-2006, whenever someone posted some sort of good news about the economy, those who are now touting the current signs of the economy turnng around (certainly because of The Obama) were the first to dismiss similar signs as meaningless.

    But, I guess since GWB had an (R) next to his name and there was an election coming up, that was understandable.


  4. #4
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: In good sign, job losses slow as unemployment dips

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Employers sharply scaled back layoffs in July, and the unemployment rate dipped for the first time in 15 months, sending a strong signal that the worst recession since World War II is finally ending.
    Never mind the blatant lie found in the above quote.
    No, there's no liberal slant to the media...

  5. #5
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,145
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: In good sign, job losses slow as unemployment dips

    I just heard on ABC Radio News, that the only reason the unemployment rate went down, is because many of the unemployed have stopped looking, not that things are getting any better.

    .

  6. #6
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: In good sign, job losses slow as unemployment dips

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I just heard on ABC Radio News, that the only reason the unemployment rate went down, is because many of the unemployed have stopped looking, not that things are getting any better.
    Now see, that's an example of what I mean -- they said the same thing in 2004!

    Was it true then and a lie now?
    Was it a lie then and true now?
    Was it true then and true now?
    Was it a lie then and a lie now?

  7. #7
    Guru
    Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    02-13-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,962

    Re: In good sign, job losses slow as unemployment dips

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    In good sign, job losses slow as unemployment dips - Yahoo! News

    Employers sharply scaled back layoffs in July, and the unemployment rate dipped for the first time in 15 months, sending a strong signal that the worst recession since World War II is finally ending.

    The "party of no" isn't going to like this. Further signs that Obama's plans are turning around the economy.
    Any sign of improvement is welcome, but to claim this is the result of Obama policies is unjustified unless you can connect his policies with the recovery. Without that, the connection made here could just be one that is spurious.

    How have Obama's policies contributed to this news?
    "Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." -Ronald Reagan

  8. #8
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: In good sign, job losses slow as unemployment dips

    While economy recovery is something we all hope for, a .1% change in unemployement just isn't gonna excite me.

    Now a trend of 3-4 months of improvement, then we'll get interested in "recovery". What I ask, will you say DD if next months numbers climb again?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #9
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: In good sign, job losses slow as unemployment dips

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    While economy recovery is something we all hope for, a .1% change in unemployement just isn't gonna excite me.

    Now a trend of 3-4 months of improvement, then we'll get interested in "recovery". What I ask, will you say DD if next months numbers climb again?
    I agree. Hey Vich.... how about this. Let's say come January. If the economy doesn't show signs of recovery in a significant way, I will freely admit that Obama's policies have not been working.

    On the otherhand, are you willing to give Obama credit if the economy shows strong signs of recovery?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #10
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: In good sign, job losses slow as unemployment dips

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I agree. Hey Vich.... how about this. Let's say come January. If the economy doesn't show signs of recovery in a significant way, I will freely admit that Obama's policies have not been working.

    On the otherhand, are you willing to give Obama credit if the economy shows strong signs of recovery?
    Sounds fair enough. 7.5% or lower unemployment and I'll agree The stimulus had effect. 9.0% or higher you admit failure, anything in between we agree it's stagnant.
    Last edited by Renae; 08-07-09 at 03:05 PM.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •