Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Clinton Threatens Eritrea

  1. #11
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,205

    Re: Clinton Threatens Eritrea

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    I find it ironic that the secretary of state for a nation that causes a lot of terror attended a memorial to decry terrorism.

    Go figure.

    If you want to stop terrorism, stop creating it.
    You don't seem to know what terrorism is.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    12-15-09 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    326

    Re: Clinton Threatens Eritrea

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    I find it ironic that the secretary of state for a nation that causes a lot of terror attended a memorial to decry terrorism.

    Go figure.

    If you want to stop terrorism, stop creating it.
    I see you flunked history 101 and don’t know the first thing about Islam as well. Not only that but you are also more than a little anti-American to boot.

    In any event, I hate to rain on your clueless parade, but the USA doesn’t create or cause terrorism, as Islamic terrorism is a manifestation of Islam and predates the creation of the USA by more than a thousand years. Nevertheless, how did the USA cause the Islamic terrorist attacks in Europe? According to you, is it also the fault that everywhere the Dar al Islam borders the non-Islamic world there is jihad taking place against non-Muslim kafirs?

    As a matter of fact, Islam has a universal mission to make the world sovereign for Allah via the imposition of Sharia, and the reason they use terrorism (qitaal) as one of their preferred methods of pursuing jihad is because Muslims are inculcated to blindly emulate their Prophet Muhammad, the uswa hasana, the perfect model and excellent example for emulation. Indeed, during the 10 years that Muhammad lived in Medina, he was one of the most vicious and bloodthirsty terrorists that ever lived and led the Muslims on more than 70 razias.

    Thus, when you hear Muslims hollering Allahu Ackbar (God is great) when you watch them on the Internet lopping off the heads of poor unfortunate non-Muslim kafirs or detonating roadside bombs to kill kafir Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan it’s because those Muslims are emulating Muhammad, the uswa hasana, as he always hollered Allahu Ackbar when he lopped off the heads of Jewish, Christian, and Pagan kafirs back in the days when he was still rampaging, pillaging, raping, and murdering his way across the Arabian Peninsular slaughtering kafirs almost 1400 years ago.

  3. #13
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Clinton Threatens Eritrea

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    I find it ironic that the secretary of state for a nation that causes a lot of terror attended a memorial to decry terrorism.

    Go figure.

    If you want to stop terrorism, stop creating it.
    The United States certainly didn't create terrorism in Somalia. In fact, terrorism has thrived there due to the ABSENCE of any rule of law...and Eritrea has been helping terrorists in Somalia for a long time.

    I am skeptical that al-Qaeda has any kind of major establishment there...intelligence memos have indicated that Somalia is too dangerous even for al-Qaeda. But when Somalia starts to stabilize (as it inevitably will someday), it could easily become a hotbed for al-Qaeda.

    We're going to need to nip this problem in the bud. The best way to do that is to continue to arm Ethiopia, and to drive a wedge between Eritrea and Somali militants.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #14
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Clinton Threatens Eritrea

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    We're going to need to nip this problem in the bud. The best way to do that is to continue to arm Ethiopia, and to drive a wedge between Eritrea and Somali militants.
    Ethiopia is single handedly responsible for the radicalization of Somalis.

    It is precisely because US has funded and backed Ethiopia, especially when it invaded Somalia in 06 which led to this ... present problem of extremists.

    US turned what was a internal problem of clan rivalry into a more global 'war on terror' when Bush ordered strikes in Somalia.


  5. #15
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Clinton Threatens Eritrea

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Ethiopia is single handedly responsible for the radicalization of Somalis.

    It is precisely because US has funded and backed Ethiopia, especially when it invaded Somalia in 06 which led to this ... present problem of extremists.

    US turned what was a internal problem of clan rivalry into a more global 'war on terror' when Bush ordered strikes in Somalia.
    As long as Somalia remains an anarchy, it will remain a hotbed of extremism and crime, regardless of what the United States or Ethiopia does. This was true long before 2006. And allow me to clarify my previous statement:

    I think the SHORT term solution is to arm Ethiopia and keep Eritrea out. The longer term solution is to help Somalia develop its economy; this will prevent the growth of extremism. But until there is an established rule of law, any economic development aid will be completely wasted.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 08-08-09 at 09:57 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #16
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Clinton Threatens Eritrea

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    I think the SHORT term solution is to arm Ethiopia and keep Eritrea out. The longer term solution is to help Somalia develop its economy; this will prevent the growth of extremism. But until there is an established rule of law, any economic development aid will be completely wasted.
    There will not be no stability, no economic growth nor rule of law.
    Until the clan issues are settled. Which it won't be. Ever.

    So we're stuck with a anarchic somalia.
    There is also the issue of Ogaden .... which belongs to Somalia but was given away without their permission to Ethiopia. Another source of conflict and a reason for the war. Will Ethiopia give it back?
    Last edited by Laila; 08-08-09 at 10:03 PM.


  7. #17
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Clinton Threatens Eritrea

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    There will not be no stability, no economic growth nor rule of law.
    Until the clan issues are settled. Which it won't be. Ever.
    Somalia had a functioning government with the rule of law just 20 years ago. I find it difficult to believe that this problem will never resolve itself. No nation can remain an anarchy forever; such a political system is inherently unstable by definition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila
    So we're stuck with a anarchic somalia.
    There is also the issue of Ogaden .... which belongs to Somalia but was given away without their permission to Ethiopia. Another source of conflict and a reason for the war. Will Ethiopia give it back?
    They've been fighting over that scrap of land for over a century. It's hardly an indisputable fact that it "belongs to Somalia" as you claim. Anyway, Ethiopia certainly won't hand it over until Somalia stabilizes itself. To whom exactly would Ethiopia give it back, anyway?

    Somalia's problems with terrorism, extremism, crime, and piracy have absolutely nothing to do with Ethiopia's actions. They have to do with the fact that Somalia has no functioning government, and such an environment BREEDS terrorism, extremism, crime, and piracy.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 08-08-09 at 11:25 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    12-15-09 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    326

    Re: Clinton Threatens Eritrea

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    US turned what was a internal problem of clan rivalry into a more global 'war on terror' when Bush ordered strikes in Somalia.

    I hate to rain on your parade as the global jihad preceded Bush’s Presidency by almost 1400 years. Nevertheless, Bush was as hopelessly clueless as you are, as to this day he still claims Islam is a Religion of Peace™ that has been hijacked by extremists.

    He also claims like a moron that poverty, hopelessness, and despair are the root causes of terrorism, which is why he tried to do the impossible, win the hearts and minds of Muslims in both Iraq and Afghanistan that are obligated to hate our guts no matter what we do.

    Meanwhile, like a useful idiot dupe he gladly accepts millions of dollars in donations from the Saudis to build his presidential library, which are the lynch pin of the global jihad.

    Then if that wasn’t dumb enough, the USA goes and elects someone like B. Hussein Obama that is even more of a lost cause that Bush was! Obviously, the Dar al Islam believes it is all a blessing from Allah and proof of his existence.

    In any event, if the USA weren’t so completely blind and oblivious, they would try to foment jihad between Muslims, because Muslims killing Muslims inside the Dar al Islam is good for the Dar al Harb and bad for the Dar al Islam since it weakens the camp of Islam.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    12-15-09 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    326

    Re: Clinton Threatens Eritrea

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    The longer term solution is to help Somalia develop its economy; this will prevent the growth of extremism.
    Of course, because as we all know poverty, hopelessness, and despair are the root causes of Islamic terrorism, which is exactly why all the other people all over the world besides just only Muslims also stricken by poverty are also perpetrating terrorist attacks all over the world as well. Oh wait! Not to mention that the text and tenants of the so-called Religion of Peace™ has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with anything much less Islamic terrorism.

    But until there is an established rule of law, any economic development aid will be completely wasted.
    If you think you can establish any rule of law other than Sharia Law, I have a bridge in Somalia I would love to sell you.

  10. #20
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Clinton Threatens Eritrea

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbeaux View Post
    Of course, because as we all know poverty, hopelessness, and despair are the root causes of Islamic terrorism, which is exactly why all the other people all over the world besides just only Muslims also stricken by poverty are also perpetrating terrorist attacks all over the world as well. Oh wait!
    Poor non-Islamic states with weak governments generally don't produce terrorism of the global variety, but they most certainly produce their share of crime and domestic terrorism. Think about the Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka, FARC in Colombia, the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda, etc.

    Furthermore, you generally DON'T see a lot of terrorism and crime bubbling up from more economically successful Islamic states where the rule of law is well-established. I'm not saying it never happens, but it's much less common. Compare Somalia to, say, Malaysia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbeaux
    Not to mention that the text and tenants of the so-called Religion of Peace™ has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with anything much less Islamic terrorism.
    Whether it does or not is irrelevant. We can't change ancient religious texts, but we can help Somalia chart a new course for security (in the short term) and economic development (in the longer term).

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbeaux
    If you think you can establish any rule of law other than Sharia Law, I have a bridge in Somalia I would love to sell you.
    Somalia had a secular government only 20 years ago.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 08-09-09 at 12:57 AM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •