Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 172

Thread: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

  1. #61
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    If you say I lied, it is on you to prove it. Otherwise you are flaming and baiting.
    It's on both of you.

    You claim that these are paid protesters, so you need to provide proof.

    He also made an assertion (one that should be a violation of forum rules), and should have to back it up as well.

  2. #62
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    That's 200 bucks and 2 apologies if you can prove your claim will.


    So what say you?


    You made this statemen of fact. Not as opinion as one claimed but as of fact.

    If you prove it, I will apologize for calling it a lie and donate $100 to the forum. apdst will do the same:





    Will you accept the offer or concede you made it up?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The reality is that the Republican Party has clearly indicated that they are going to be the "Party of No".
    About damn time, too. They've spent the last 16 years being the party of Can't We All Just Get Along, and allowed the Democrats to wreck the country in the process.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    They continually draw a line in the sand and have all agreed to stand together, be it with the economic stimulus plan, universal healthcare, etc.
    Hopefully, they've drawn lines in the wet cement so they can't be moved later.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    You do realize this "groundswell" is phony, the "grass roots activists" paid for and bused in,
    This would be true if they were Democrats interrupting a Republican meeting, as they do all the time, think ACORN.

    But it's citizens expressing opposition to your Messiah.

    If you have evidence of commercial backers, name them.

  5. #65
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Rachael Maddow is your proof?!?!?

    She patronizes the American people and that's your proof? Say it ain't so, Joe!
    Yeh, this is what I expected, and why I said no proof would be acceptable to you. The MSNBC report offers solid reporting, and I asked you to watch it and then state any inaccuracies. You didn't even watch it, did you?

  6. #66
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Personally, I agree with UHC, because I think it is absolutely absurd to base a healthcare system on "for-profit" corporations. These corporations are not altruistic and in it to help people. They exist to make a profit for themselves and their shareholders. They don't make a profit if they are providing all the healthcare that their customers need. They make a profit by rationing healthcare and denying coverage where they can.
    That's just simple logic.
    First, thanks for being level headed in at least respectin the fact there's legitimate reasons people may be on either side.

    That said...

    I never fully got the whole "Corporations are corrupt and not out for the best interest of people so we need to trust in the government".

    The government can not, and isn't, corrupt?

    That seems to be a news flash to me.

    Government beuacracies and politicians are aulturistic, out to help people? How is this true any more than big businesses is? For example, if politicians that are so, soooo, against smoking believe its so harmful why do they not just ban it? Wouldn't that be being aulturistic and trying to help people? But they won't, because too much money is generated by it, and they need that revenue to help them do projects to help them get in power.

    What keeps politicians in powers, especially democratic ones due to generally the feeling of many liberals and portiosn of their voting base (its statistical fact that many in the lower classes are democrats)? Increasing the amount of government programs that give things to individuals that they can point to and say "see, this is what we've gotten for you". In a broader sense, bringing home projects to their people. Are you saying disney you honestly think all or most politicians do this because of the goodness in their hearts and the desire to help people and not because its what's most likely to help them get re-elected?

    Government agencies are filled with leagues of red tape, more worried often times in covering its own ass than actually doing anything. Service divisions, while perhaps having caring people at the bottom, are run much the same as a corporation at the top with many of the same worries. Waste of tax payer money is actually ENCOURAGED in these agencies (I've witnessed it first hand in my job) when the end of a year is coming and there's left over money in the budget they go out and spend it on anything and everything they can imagine and justify so that the next year they can justify demanding a larger budget instead of having it cut.

    I think really it comes down to which corrupt, out for its own interest entity you want to have lording over your...private corporation or public government. I honestly don't see them all that different in regards to the dangers, individual alterior motives, and corruption. What I do see a difference is that companies, even major ones, have gone under and been brought under fire legaly in this country. Government agencies and welfare-esque programs in this country however have shown over and over again an ability to simply continue to throw tax payer money at it and continue on despite any issues it may have. That's my take on it.

  7. #67
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    This would be true if they were Democrats interrupting a Republican meeting, as they do all the time, think ACORN.

    But it's citizens expressing opposition to your Messiah.

    If you have evidence of commercial backers, name them.
    You don't even know what ACORN does, do you?

  8. #68
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Will you accept the offer or concede you made it up?
    My proof precedes this remark, either find inaccuracies in it or make an apology. I'll link to it again, if you can't demonstrate how this story is untrue or incorrect, then you are lying and owe the forum a hundred bucks. It's time to put up or shut up.
    [ame]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#32307452[/ame]
    Last edited by WillRockwell; 08-06-09 at 03:33 PM.

  9. #69
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Yeh, this is what I expected, and why I said no proof would be acceptable to you. The MSNBC report offers solid reporting, and I asked you to watch it and then state any inaccuracies. You didn't even watch it, did you?



    We accept your concession.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    FYI, when was the last time a Republican ever balanced a budget? You know who DID in fact balance a budget? Why it was (D) Bill Clinton who handed off to (R) George W. Bush a surplus.
    Amazing how Democrats can continue to remain ignorant.

    The Rapist President never had a balanced budget, and certainly never showed a legitimate surplus.

    The numbers finagled by the Dums included all sorts of illegal accounting gimmicks.
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 08-06-09 at 03:35 PM.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •