Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 172

Thread: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    At the same time, Republicans are going to change the system so much that there's no point in implementing the system. Under what grounds would Republicans accept a government health care plan? When they answer this, then we can invite them to the table. Conservatives don't even try to compromise. They say "you have to do this, because if you don't- you're wrong and you'll destroy America." Then they turn the other way when some lunatic kills one of those "America destroyers."
    Thus the idiocy of compromise.

    Here, lets get in an argument. To resolve it I'm going to want to pummel your face in repeatedly. Naturally you'd rather end it without violence. Lets compromise and I'll just punch you once. Come on, don't you want compromise, why are you so stubborn?

    When one believes that doing a specific action is BAD then compromising with someone so they do "less" of that action isn't actually a compromise, all it is is trying to limit what the other person does.

    If a person is mugging you and wants the $100's you have on you, he wants your money and you don't want to give up the money. If you "compromise" and give him $50 then he's still getting what he wants, your money, and you're basically justifying that he's correct in taking that money because you've agreed to give it to him.

    Its the same idiotic thing with minimum wage. Its also why abortion generally doesn't work well with the WAY in which people want compromise.

    Universal government run healthcare in the mind of conservatives is a BAD thing that will hurt this country. If that's the case, why choose to "compromise" and allow a little of something you feel will be BAD for this country? Don't we want our representitives to a point actually having principles and not just being spineless jellyfish?

    Its not incombant on Republicans to say "hey, how about we do this instead" because ultimately they're in the minority. IF democrats want to try to get them, and a large percentage of America on board with their plan as the majority, then its on THEM to come forward, recognize the issues, desires, fears, and wants of the other side and offer up the start of a compromised solution. If its good enough to work with it'll be hammered out and they'll get support. If its not, then they have to deal with the fact that their plan simply isn't good enough for a large portion of the American population and either choose to scrap it or to say to hell with that portion of the population.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Maybe that part was intentional, that way it will surely fail and at same time they can claim political cool points for trying to implement it and bash some opponents for not voting for it.
    That would be beyond sneaky if true.

    During a recession, you should ideally be cutting spending not the opposite.
    And i don't blame people for being sceptical over UHC during this period.
    UK has a population about 65 million and if we have not perfected it, there is no earthly way in this lifetime or the next US can do it right with a population of over 300 million


  3. #13
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Thus the idiocy of compromise.

    Here, lets get in an argument. To resolve it I'm going to want to pummel your face in repeatedly. Naturally you'd rather end it without violence. Lets compromise and I'll just punch you once. Come on, don't you want compromise, why are you so stubborn?

    When one believes that doing a specific action is BAD then compromising with someone so they do "less" of that action isn't actually a compromise, all it is is trying to limit what the other person does.

    If a person is mugging you and wants the $100's you have on you, he wants your money and you don't want to give up the money. If you "compromise" and give him $50 then he's still getting what he wants, your money, and you're basically justifying that he's correct in taking that money because you've agreed to give it to him.

    Its the same idiotic thing with minimum wage. Its also why abortion generally doesn't work well with the WAY in which people want compromise.

    Universal government run healthcare in the mind of conservatives is a BAD thing that will hurt this country. If that's the case, why choose to "compromise" and allow a little of something you feel will be BAD for this country? Don't we want our representitives to a point actually having principles and not just being spineless jellyfish?

    Its not incombant on Republicans to say "hey, how about we do this instead" because ultimately they're in the minority. IF democrats want to try to get them, and a large percentage of America on board with their plan as the majority, then its on THEM to come forward, recognize the issues, desires, fears, and wants of the other side and offer up the start of a compromised solution. If its good enough to work with it'll be hammered out and they'll get support. If its not, then they have to deal with the fact that their plan simply isn't good enough for a large portion of the American population and either choose to scrap it or to say to hell with that portion of the population.

    The reality is that the Republican Party has clearly indicated that they are going to be the "Party of No".

    They have taken a political risk that is either going to reap them huge rewards or ensure that they will be a minority party for years and years to come.

    They continually draw a line in the sand and have all agreed to stand together, be it with the economic stimulus plan, universal healthcare, etc.

    They are betting all their "chips" on one number - that Obama and his policies will fail.

    If they are correct, then 3 1/2 years from now they will be able to say "Look, these were the Democrats plans...we ALL opposed them...we were the smart ones, now vote GOP".

    However, if they are wrong, then they have all stood opposed to policies that have improved the economy....healthcare....etc. And they will appear completely out of touch with how to run this country.

    It is a HUGE political gamble...one that could reap them a great amount of power. But huge gambles also come with the potential of political disaster.

    Only time will tell.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #14
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    It seems a ground swell has started. The American people know we can not afford this health care plan, and we do not want to see our choice taken away. From coast to coast, individuals are making thier voices heard.... Lets hope Ross and the "blue dogs" get the message!
    You do realize this "groundswell" is phony, the "grass roots activists" paid for and bused in, the same ones being bused all around the country.You do realize this entire charade is paid for by billionaire rightwing activists and coordinated through the Republican party. Of course you realize that, you are just playing your part in the circus. "Seems a ground swell has started"....bullcrap.

  5. #15
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You get Medicaid, Medicare, Tricare, and title19. In return, you will give conservatives a balanced budget, every year, on time.


    Hey bud, why don't you please explain how much George W. Bush's Iraq war is going to cost, and how much Medicare's 2003 bill will cost?

    Give ya a hint...a hell of a lot less than today's health care reform.

    FYI, when was the last time a Republican ever balanced a budget? You know who DID in fact balance a budget? Why it was (D) Bill Clinton who handed off to (R) George W. Bush a surplus.

    Can Republicans get any more ignorant? I don't think so. Sorry, this country can no longer AFFORD Republicans in control.

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    You do realize this "groundswell" is phony, the "grass roots activists" paid for and bused in, the same ones being bused all around the country.You do realize this entire charade is paid for by billionaire rightwing activists and coordinated through the Republican party. Of course you realize that, you are just playing your part in the circus. "Seems a ground swell has started"....bullcrap.
    You can prove it's phony. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #17
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post


    Hey bud, why don't you please explain how much George W. Bush's Iraq war is going to cost, and how much Medicare's 2003 bill will cost?
    Irrelevant, the war was passed by congress, which makes it legal and constitutionaln under the war powers provision of the document, and that falls under defense, which is mandated spending. UHC fails under the tenth amendment of the constitution so all discussion might as well end about it until an amendment is passed.

    Give ya a hint...a hell of a lot less than today's health care reform.
    I'll give you a clue, you're wrong, you are wrong if you add up the aggregates of both, year to year, and even an aggregate of the Iraq war versus any year of the proposed health plan. Don't believe me? Fine, the numbers are everywhere, including the CBO. One more thing, UHC is unconstitutional above the cost, so you fail on all counts.

    FYI, when was the last time a Republican ever balanced a budget? You know who DID in fact balance a budget? Why it was (D) Bill Clinton who handed off to (R) George W. Bush a surplus.
    Congress passes budgets, presidents sign them, so the Republicans with executive approval passed that from 1994-about 1999, before Bush was elected AND correctly done. Please learn civics before you randomly spew out talking points.
    Can Republicans get any more ignorant? I don't think so. Sorry, this country can no longer AFFORD Republicans in control.
    Spoken like a truly uninformed elitist. I'll tell you right now most of this post is forgetable for it's lack of correctness. You failed on comparative cost, you've failed on protocol, and you've failed to get your point across, so your only weapon left is blank condecension.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #18
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    You do realize this "groundswell" is phony, the "grass roots activists" paid for and bused in, the same ones being bused all around the country.You do realize this entire charade is paid for by billionaire rightwing activists and coordinated through the Republican party. Of course you realize that, you are just playing your part in the circus. "Seems a ground swell has started"....bullcrap.
    Seriously, organized protests aren't necessarily fake, please prove that these organizers were paid before you spit out this propogandist crap.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #19
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    You do realize this "groundswell" is phony, the "grass roots activists" paid for and bused in, the same ones being bused all around the country.You do realize this entire charade is paid for by billionaire rightwing activists and coordinated through the Republican party. Of course you realize that, you are just playing your part in the circus. "Seems a ground swell has started"....bullcrap.
    Prove that all of these activists are paid protesters.

    Your post belongs in the conspiracy section, as it is not possible for everyone who is against government health care to be a phony paid protester.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #20
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Just had to repost this, I just love how ignorant Republicans are, as well as dishonest:

    Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual
    • Ronald Reagan went from $997B (09/30/1981) to $2,857B (09/29/1989)=$2.8 Trillion in 8 years
    • George H. Bush $2,857B (09/29/1989) to $4,411 (09/30/1993)=$1.5 4 Trillion in years
    • Clinton went from $4,411 (09/30/1993) to $5,807 (09/30/2001)= $1.4 Trillion in 8 years
    • George W. Bush $5,807 (09/30/2001) to $10,024 (09/30/2008) $4.2 Trillion in 8 years
      (note there is not data for 2009, which would include Bush's sendoff gift)

    Not done with George W. Bush though. We still have to add up Medicare's 2003 bill, that is another $1.2 trillion - Medicare Drug Benefit May Cost $1.2 Trillion

    Can we ever forget Iraq? That gift to debt will end up between $3-5 trillion more -The Iraq War Will Cost Us $3 Trillion, and Much More

    So, with George W. Bush, we have a President who inherited budget surplus, took into the red almost immediately (no it was not 9/11, look at the budget, it was tax cuts that stimulated jack). Added a debt of $4.2 trillion, + $1.2 trillion more from Medicare in the years to come, and $3-5 trillion for Iraq).

    So Obama has inherited a financial meltdown, a budget deficit, and an economy that some thought was on the precipice of a Great Depression. What is the state of the economy today? Well we are now 6 months in emerging from the greatest postwar recession. He has inherited a mess, but if he follows Clinton's path, you should be damn grateful we have a Democrat in office and NOT a Republican wouldn't you say? You are so strongly against government spending, debt and all right? No you are not consistent at all.

    So it would take Clinton over 16 years to match George W. Bush, and factor in Bush's gift of Medicare and Iraq to our debt...it would take Clinton 44+ years to match Bush.

    Yes sir boys and girls, the Republican party is the party of Fiscal Responsibility all right, fiscal has in adding up national debt and budget deficits like nobody can. Is it not amazing how much shameless liars they are that they continuously sprout this B.S.? Are Republicans born without the shame gene? Is it in their DNA to be such lying liars?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •