Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 172

Thread: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

  1. #161
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I'd probably find the nearest two-by-four and do some on-site knee re-adjustment, but that's just me.

    Meh, it's better for the court case if you were unarmed and out manned. And a good lapel choke on that hawiian shirt he was wearing, the last thing he'd see before his world went black would be me....



    Gotta love outsourcing.

    I prefer a more intimate approach.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #162
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Yeah, but if you choke the guy out then someone has to hoist his sweaty carcass out the door.

    Joint locks are far more entertaining, and less inconveniencing to the janitorial staff.


    I have noticed this.



    I'd still want his world to go black for a few minutes.... nothing like the fear of death in some thug having a check cashed his fists couldn't cash.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #163
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    If you work in insurance, then it should be even more clear to you.
    Notice I didn't say all companies were good ones.

    How do insurance companies make money? How do they decrease costs and maximize profits?
    Risk/Premium ratio, the best way to explain it is, the more people sharing in the risk, the less people have to pay, as long as liabilities stay under what is being charged in premium. Insurance companies reduce costs by first having a negotiation position with caregivers, this is as simple as saying "the check will be on time, we just want a good rate" and honoring that promise, the second thing is to deny unnecessary or uncovered care, this is all stated explicitly in writing, if the contract isn't honored, people have legal recourse. Also, insurance companies....every single one of them, reinvest to cover gaps in earnings, as well as many companies re-insure, that is, they buy smaller contracts to further spread out the payout so as to keep prices as reasonable as possible compared to liabilities.

    In the Auto Insurance World, they do so by attempting to attract driver's with unblemished records and cancelling policies on those who are determined to be liabilities.
    Health works in a similar way, but if a contract in health puts in a coverage maximum(lifetime) then one can't be dropped at a whim, or at least they will know when they are claiming too much.

    The same is true of Health insurance companies. If health insurance
    companies authorize every procedure that a Doctor recommends a patient have, that is going to increase their costs and thus decrease the amount of profit that they bring in for their CEO's and shareholders.
    see above.

    It is this incentive to ration healthcare, deny recommended procedures, deny insurance to those with pre-existing conditions, and seek to deny claims that cut costs and increase profits.
    Procedure denial happens for many reasons, not just because a company doesn't want to pay, if a doctor explains that a denied test was medically necessary, more often than not a company will cover it, it's usually when a doctor doesn't explain that something which looked like he was padding a bill in fact was an appropriate action.

    Do you seriously not see the inherent flaw/contradiction in such an archaic and asinine system?
    As opposed to a government system which would essentially do the same thing without having to justify their actions in civil court?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #164
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Now that's not very nuanced thinking.

    Grab thug thumb, twist thug thumb, smile as thug howls in pain and ask for his thumb back.

    Or grab thug wrist, apply pressure across the carpal joint, watch thug drop to the ground like a sack of russet potatoes.
    Yeah, but these thugs are typically stupid, his buddies wouldn't figure anything out until he was flopping on the ground like a fish, but I like your idea too.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #165
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Yeah, but these thugs are typically stupid, his buddies wouldn't figure anything out until he was flopping on the ground like a fish, but I like your idea too.



    The advantage of a lapel choke would be you could use the fat pig as a block to the other fat pigs from throwing at you.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #166
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Meh, it's better for the court case if you were unarmed and out manned. And a good lapel choke on that hawiian shirt he was wearing, the last thing he'd see before his world went black would be me....






    I prefer a more intimate approach.
    See, that's the thing, I am just at that height and build to where they take away from each other at a glance, because I'm sort of tall, but not really, and big, I either look tall and lanky or short and skinny from a distance, cop sees that and the big fat thug and I'm "that weak dude", it's just up to me to act scared. And yeah, the "intimate" approach is more fun, but unlike our politicians we have spines.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #167
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    The advantage of a lapel choke would be you could use the fat pig as a block to the other fat pigs from throwing at you.
    The advantage of a wrist lock is you get to enjoy the mewling of the fat thug as he begs his friends to leave you alone so he can get his hand back.

  8. #168
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    If rightwing thugs attempt to stop the democratic process by shouting down town hall meetings, I approve any necessary actions to stop them and allow democracy to proceed. If the AFL-CIO, Teamsters or Tony Soprano want to send in enforcers to drag these people out of the meetings by their heels and put them back on their buses, I approve it.
    Anyone who attends a town hall meeting with questions and opinions is welcome, but when organized groups attempt to disrupt those meetings and not allow them to proceed, that is vigilantism, and should be met with strong physical confrontation.
    Oh goody, vigilante justice! That's always a recipe for success.

  9. #169
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Oh goody, vigilante justice! That's always a recipe for success.
    So you approve of mobs trying to shut down town hall meetings, but if anyone tries to stop them, they are vigilantes. I am surprised that so many here find this logic acceptable.

  10. #170
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Ark. crowd mocks lawmakers over Obama health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    So you approve of mobs trying to shut down town hall meetings, but if anyone tries to stop them, they are vigilantes. I am surprised that so many here find this logic acceptable.
    Straw man. Try again.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •