Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 316

Thread: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    Never mind that you are clueless on the subject, offer no effective dispute, so therefore this is pointless, you know kind of like the whole IG argument
    Fact Sheet: America's Uninsured

  2. #82
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    It is fairly common rhetoric amongst the anti-choice to equate abortion with murder so no you could not have used the above to the same effect.
    Yes I could, given the point I was trying to make -- that people might break a law is not an argument against having that law.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So long as you find it convenient....
    I am pro life because i value human life. More than you.
    I am pro choice because women have a right over their own womb and i'd be damned before the state or anyone else have any legal say over it.

    How does it feel knowing thousands of civilians died in Iraq and Afghanistan? Are those not lives as well? Not as important as foetuses?
    Last edited by Laila; 08-05-09 at 12:01 PM.


  4. #84
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Hello...come down to earth please. Good god, this is your source? You really want to use this source?

    I will give you ONE more try, and just one more try. Hint, look for something a tad bit more credible and independent maybe. At least show some effort and I could have maybe a ounce of respect.

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yes I could, given the point I was trying to make -- that people might break a law is not an argument against having that law.
    And there are a lot of stupid laws. So really there is no point.

  6. #86
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,475

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    I have some toenails that have been giving me trouble for a while now and when they give me my free insurance, I'm going to get them taken care of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Which is why I'm against the death penalty, war, and abortion.
    At least you are consistent.

    I dislike it when people are somehow Pro DP, War but against Abortion. Talk about hypocrisy.


  8. #88
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I am pro life because i value human life. More than you.
    I am pro choice because a women have a right over their own womb and i'd be damned before the state or anyone else have any legal say over it.

    How does it feel knowing thousands of civilians died in Iraq and Afghanistan? Are those not lives as well? Not as important as foetuses?
    Death of any sort is sad and unfortunate. War should be the last option and should be resolved quickly (unlike Iraq, which we never should have gotten into). But you can't claim to value human life while supporting abortion. Either you say the woman can do as she likes with her womb including killing the life she helped to create, or you value the life itself more and claim that the human life created should be allowed the opportunity to life.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #89
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,707

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    At least you are consistent.

    I dislike it when people are somehow Pro DP, War but against Abortion. Talk about hypocrisy.


    So a child, is the same as a raping murdering dirtbag?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    Hello...come down to earth please. Good god, this is your source? You really want to use this source?

    I will give you ONE more try, and just one more try. Hint, look for something a tad bit more credible and independent maybe. At least show some effort and I could have maybe a ounce of respect.
    STATEMENT 2 Some 47 million Americans do not have health insurance.

    This number from the Census Bureau is often cited as evidence that the health system is failing for many American families. Yet by masking tremendous heterogeneity in personal circumstances, the figure exaggerates the magnitude of the problem.

    To start with, the 47 million includes about 10 million residents who are not American citizens. Many are illegal immigrants. Even if we had national health insurance, they would probably not be covered.

    The number also fails to take full account of Medicaid, the governmentís health program for the poor. For instance, it counts millions of the poor who are eligible for Medicaid but have not yet applied. These individuals, who are healthier, on average, than those who are enrolled, could always apply if they ever needed significant medical care. They are uninsured in name only.

    The 47 million also includes many who could buy insurance but havenít. The Census Bureau reports that 18 million of the uninsured have annual household income of more than $50,000, which puts them in the top half of the income distribution. About a quarter of the uninsured have been offered employer-provided insurance but declined coverage.

    Of course, millions of Americans have trouble getting health insurance. But they number far less than 47 million, and they make up only a few percent of the population of 300 million.

    Any reform should carefully focus on this group to avoid disrupting the vast majority for whom the system is working. We do not nationalize an industry simply because a small percentage of the work force is unemployed. Similarly, we should be wary of sweeping reforms of our health system if they are motivated by the fact that a small percentage of the population is uninsured.

    The New York Times > Log In


    By the way, where's YOUR source?

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •