Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 316

Thread: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

  1. #31
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Uh-huh. And pray tell, what species is this "embryo"?
    Homo Inconvenientus?

    It is impossible to argue that abortion does not terminate an innocent human life -- which is why the pro-abortion crowd tries to frame the argument in terms of 'personhood'.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    It is impossible to argue that abortion does not terminate an innocent human life -- which is why the pro-abortion crowd tries to frame the argument in terms of 'personhood'.
    Call it a life, child, human, baby or person.

    Doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me. I call it what it is. A foetus
    Last edited by Laila; 08-05-09 at 11:18 AM.


  3. #33
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman
    It is impossible to argue that abortion does not terminate an innocent human life -- which is why the pro-abortion crowd tries to frame the argument in terms of 'personhood'.
    I think it's more accurate to say that the anti-choice crowd tries to frame the argument in terms of 'personhood' when they say that abortions "kill babies/children/etc..." which obviously diverts from the issue of choice whose basis is found in the right of the mother and not the state of the "child". Even in your own posts you do this by making the presumption that abortion "terminate[s] an innocent human life". The anti-choice crowd absolutely depends on whether or not the fetus is a "person", for if the argument is not framed in such a way then they have absolutely no basis from which to argue.

    Of course, if all this is true, and the fetus is treated with the same rights as a "baby/child/etc.." then we can take the anti-choicers' argument to its logical conclusion and state that mothers who have abortions should be put on trial for murder or accessory to murder, something that anti-choicers don't like recognizing.
    Last edited by Khayembii Communique; 08-05-09 at 11:19 AM.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  4. #34
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    I think it's more accurate to say that the anti-choice crowd tries to frame the argument in terms of 'personhood' when they say that abortions "kill babies/children/etc..." which obviously diverts from the issue of choice whose basis is found in the right of the mother and not the state of the "child".

    Of course, if all this is true, and the fetus is treated with the same rights as a "baby/child/etc.." then we can take the anti-choicers' argument to its logical conclusion and state that mothers who have abortions should be put on trial for murder or accessory to murder, something that anti-choicers don't like recognizing.



    The pro-killing human life crowd loves to do anything they can to avoid the science of abortion and the fact it kills human life.

    The Pro-Abortionists tends to have problems reconciling scientific fact and often utilizes newspeak and other nonsense to reframe the argument.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #35
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    I've edited my post, Reverend, just so you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend
    The pro-killing human life crowd loves to do anything they can to avoid the science of abortion and the fact it kills human life.
    Then why are these women not put on trial and executed for murder?

    Or better yet, when is this designated as "kill[ing] human life?" The moment the ovum is fertilized? Perhaps we should start charging women for involuntary manslaughter when they have miscarriages?
    Last edited by Khayembii Communique; 08-05-09 at 11:25 AM.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Call it a life, child, human, baby or person.

    Doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me. I call it what it is. A foetus
    Right...and what is a fetus?

  7. #37
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    The pro-killing human life crowd loves to do anything they can to avoid the science of abortion and the fact it kills human life.

    The Pro-Abortionists tends to have problems reconciling scientific fact and often utilizes newspeak and other nonsense to reframe the argument.
    US and many other countries sanctions the taking of human lives through death penalty.
    Infact many soldiers when aboard during war involves taking human life
    Hell, thousands if not tens of thousands of human lives are stolen everyday because of lack of water, medicine and shelter.

    Excuse me whilst i get a hanky for something that has never breathed oxygen before outside of the womb. Some people need a dose of reality. There are already human lives that needs saving without worrying about a few bloody foetuses.

    Such a meaningless term.
    Pro killing human life? That makes those who support DP no better than me.
    I can deal with that.
    Last edited by Laila; 08-05-09 at 11:25 AM.


  8. #38
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    I think it's more accurate to say that the anti-choice crowd tries to frame the argument in terms of 'personhood'....
    Except that they dont make that argument.
    They make the argument that it is a(n innocent) human life.
    And they are right.

    Even in your own posts you do this by making the presumption that abortion "terminate[s] an innocent human life".
    There's no presumption there -- it is human, it is alive, it is innocent, and it is terminated. All factual, no presumption involved.

    The anti-choice crowd absolutely depends on whether or not the fetus is a "person"...
    This is easly proven wrong:
    None of the components of the argument, above, have anything to do with 'personhood'.

    Of course, if all this is true, and the fetus is treated with the same rights as a "baby/child/etc.." then we can take the anti-choicers' argument to its logical conclusion and state that mothers who have abortions should be put on trial for murder or accessory to murder, something that anti-choicers don't like recognizing.
    Interesing presumption there. Can you support it?
    I'm OK with that, and I'm not familiar with anyone on the anti-abortion side tha's not.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman
    Except that they dont make that argument.
    They make the argument that it is a(n innocent) human life.
    And they are right.
    You just validated my point. Thank you.

    There's no presumption there -- it is human, it is alive, it is innocent, and it is terminated. All factual, no presumption involved.
    Presumptions can be factual, you know.

    This is easly proven wrong:
    None of the components of the argument, above, have anything to do with 'personhood'.
    You earlier: They make the argument that it is a(n innocent) human life.
    And they are right.

    Interesing presumption there. Can you support it?
    I'm OK with that, and I'm not familiar with anyone on the anti-abortion side tha's not.
    Wtf do you mean can I support it? You just confirmed what I was saying is true in your next sentence, ffs!
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  10. #40
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    US and many other countries sanctions the taking of human lives through death penalty.

    found guilty by a jury of peers. What crime have the unborn committed? Who convicted them?

    Infact many soldiers when aboard during war involves taking human life
    Hell, thousands if not tens of thousands of human lives are stolen everyday because of lack of water, medicine and shelter.
    non sequitor.



    Excuse me whilst i get a hanky for something that has never breathed oxygen before outside of the womb. Some people need a dose of reality. There are already human lives that needs saving without worrying about a few bloody foetuses.

    I disagree. There are no more important than the innocent being killed for convienence.




    Such a meaningless term.
    Pro killing human life? That makes those who support DP no better than me.
    I can deal with that.

    I was playing wit KC's "anti-abortionists" rhetoric... You should know me by now.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •