Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 316

Thread: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Pro-choice and pro-life are accurate enough monikers.

    The context, being assumed, is why they make sense.

  2. #162
    Student Sammyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-29-09 @ 04:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    185

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    You think abortions are swell, so swell that I should be forced to pay for them despite my moral objection to the practice. That seems like a shortcoming to me.
    It's not. That you think a certain aspect is a shortcoming is of no surprise, though. Chances are that you are in favor of some political agenda that i find abhorrent, but i wouldn't call it a "shortcoming". It's just something that you favor that i disagree with. I support abortions being paid for with tax dollars, and you can disagree with me, but just because i have that opinion that you don't agree with doesn't make it a shortcoming.

    Newsflash to Ethereal: Your disagreement with an opinion is not a "shortcoming" of that opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Of course you don't NEED to do anything. If you wish to make assertions sans logic then blather away.
    Lots of people on this thread have merely shared their opinion and not provided logic. You certainly haven't provided any logic that i'm aware of. Hell, you act like the fact that you disagree with me is a "shortcoming". That's faulty logic if i've ever heard it. Perhaps you should take a page from my book and not act like you're presenting logic when you're just presenting your biased opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    By pointing out the ethical quandary posed by forcing others to subsidize a practice they consider to be immoral and detestable.
    Current taxation does this every day. It's a fact of life.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Well duh, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't argue against it.
    Um, sure. Look, this board is allowing us both to post. Let's not pretend that somehow what people should and shouldn't say, according to your opinion is somehow relevant.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    So, you would offer up no objections whatsoever to mandatory prayer in schools? Just take the ol' doormat approach?
    It depends on the wording of the law. I imagine that i'd be vocal in some way just like you'd be vocal in some way on abortion paid for with tax dollars. I think you should have the right to be vocal about abortion paid for with tax dollars and that i should have the right to be vocal about whatever i please. That's what make this country so great. What about this process do you not like?


    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Didn't I JUST tell you that my approval of your opinion is immaterial to the nature of our discussion? Are you being deliberately obtuse?
    Well you were the one acting like your opinion was some almighty pronouncement or something. I never did. If you want to take opinions so seriously than that's your business. I was just cluing you in to the reality that i don't.

  3. #163
    Student Sammyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-29-09 @ 04:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    185

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Pro-choice and pro-life are accurate enough monikers.

    The context, being assumed, is why they make sense.

    I don't really care, but when pro-lifers start talking about pro-choicers being pro-abortion, then i feel the need to point out that pro-lifers are mostly anti-choicers (when it comes to women).

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Sounds like another good argument against UHC.
    Why?

    UHC paying for abortions means that all abortion clinics become subject to government inspection, which means we can make sure that procedures are being performed safely and humanely. At private clinics things can happen more behind closed doors.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Pro-choice and pro-life are accurate enough monikers.

    The context, being assumed, is why they make sense.
    A better term for pro-life is anti-choice. I tend to use that one much more.

    And pro-choice is not pro-abortion. I'm pro-choice but I don't like abortion. I consider it a last resort and a messy one.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Why?

    UHC paying for abortions means that all abortion clinics become subject to government inspection, which means we can make sure that procedures are being performed safely and humanely. At private clinics things can happen more behind closed doors.
    US is very different.
    Abortion clinics and doctors are inspected like **** because it is Government run.

    One wrong move, jail/stripping of medicial practice or fine.

    That is probably why you'd only get people like Tiller in US and no where else.
    Late term Abortion = Jail. Simple as that


  7. #167
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Why?

    UHC paying for abortions means that all abortion clinics become subject to government inspection, which means we can make sure that procedures are being performed safely and humanely. At private clinics things can happen more behind closed doors.
    Private clinics are still subject to various regulations even under a private insurance regime.

  8. #168
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    A better term for pro-life is anti-choice. I tend to use that one much more.
    A better term for pro-choice is pro-abortion. I tend to use that one much more.

    And pro-choice is not pro-abortion. I'm pro-choice but I don't like abortion.
    You're every bits as much pro-abortion as I am pro-gun, as a gun is the last resort, and a messy one.

  9. #169
    Student Sammyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-29-09 @ 04:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    185

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You're every bits as much pro-abortion as I am pro-gun, as a gun is the last resort, and a messy one.

    Yep. I'm pro-abortion in that regard.

    And, aren't you "anti-choice" too, when it comes down to it? Don't you want to see a woman's choice to have an abortion taken away? Do you see?

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Gov't insurance would allow coverage for abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    A better term for pro-choice is pro-abortion. I tend to use that one much more.


    You're every bits as much pro-abortion as I am pro-gun, as a gun is the last resort, and a messy one.
    I was wondering when you'd show up.

    If anyone can take black and make it white, it's you.

    Welcome to the thread.

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •