Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 141

Thread: U.S. Journalists Pardoned by North Korea Following Visit from Former President Bill C

  1. #91
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-30-09 @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    446

    Re: U.S. Journalists Pardoned by North Korea Following Visit from Former President Bi

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    April, 1978.

    Get your lazy ass on the internet and do your own research. Next thing you'll be demanding proof that the earth orbits the sun or that Democrats will defend any pond scum if it has a (D) after it's name.
    K done. I see nothing but an allegation. According to the Wikipedia page, the evidence points to at best (for you) a "don't know" if the event actually took place. In fact, a poll conducted showed 56% of Americans believed the story to be untrue. If a majority of Americans don't believe the thing is true, how can you reasonably expect me to believe it's true when you have no proof to the contrary? At least with evolution, you can prove that it exists. In this scenario, all you have is a woman who first said that something didn't happen, then said that it did. Prove that it happened.
    Get your lazy ass on the internet and do your own research.

  2. #92
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,433

    Re: U.S. Journalists Pardoned by North Korea Following Visit from Former President Bi

    All I can think of whenever I hear this is of one of the young women being reunited with her little girl after months of not knowing when she would even see her again. Thank you Bill Clinton.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. Journalists Pardoned by North Korea Following Visit from Former President Bi

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    K done. I see nothing but an allegation. According to the Wikipedia page, the evidence points to at best (for you) a "don't know" if the event actually took place. In fact, a poll conducted showed 56% of Americans believed the story to be untrue. If a majority of Americans don't believe the thing is true, how can you reasonably expect me to believe it's true when you have no proof to the contrary? At least with evolution, you can prove that it exists. In this scenario, all you have is a woman who first said that something didn't happen, then said that it did. Prove that it happened.
    Don't mind Scarecrow he has this fixation that Bill Clinton was a rapist. He has no proof, no conviction, hell not even a court case. But that doesn't stop him. He is the equivalent of a 9/11 truther on this matter.

    He is also a birther, that believes Obama isn't a natural born citizen. Yet he worked at the pentagon LOL.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: U.S. Journalists Pardoned by North Korea Following Visit from Former President Bi

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    K done. I see nothing but an allegation. According to the Wikipedia page, the evidence points to at best (for you) a "don't know" if the event actually took place. In fact, a poll conducted showed 56% of Americans believed the story to be untrue. If a majority of Americans don't believe the thing is true, how can you reasonably expect me to believe it's true when you have no proof to the contrary? At least with evolution, you can prove that it exists. In this scenario, all you have is a woman who first said that something didn't happen, then said that it did. Prove that it happened.
    Polls also showed that more than 50% of Americans were stupid enough to vote for Obama.

    What's your point?

  5. #95
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: U.S. Journalists Pardoned by North Korea Following Visit from Former President Bi

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Well, let's see....the broads were sentenced to a decade of penal servitude at hard labor....a MONTH into their sentence they walk out fresh as daisies....no, nothing strange going on here, not at all...

    saps.
    And what do you think happened exactly?
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  6. #96
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: U.S. Journalists Pardoned by North Korea Following Visit from Former President Bi

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Seeing as the basis of your arguement (for now) is that Clinton corresponded with Kim Jung Il, and not his son, I think the importance issue will be resolved on its own in due time. Nevertheless, you have a point that sending Clinton to get the journalists back shows us in a potentially weak position...one the Commies can maybe profit from.
    I don't see it that way at all. That these Americans warrant such a high level diplomat to address their release speaks to the value we have for Americans held captive, not North Korea.
    Last edited by Gibberish; 08-05-09 at 08:51 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  7. #97
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: U.S. Journalists Pardoned by North Korea Following Visit from Former President Bi

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I don't see it that way at all. That these Americans warrant such a high level diplomat to address their release speaks to the value we have for Americans held captive, not North Korea.
    The point behind what I was saying is that when North Korea agreed to release them after 24 hrs of actual negotiations, they look more credible, in relation to what they would have looked like, had they decided to be more stubborn.

    They profit from this as much as we do.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  8. #98
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: U.S. Journalists Pardoned by North Korea Following Visit from Former President Bi

    i of course do not know if mr clinton raped ms broaddrick, but i remember like yesterday nbc ruining its own credibility by working its crooked butt off trying to protect the sitting president

    i saw the interview of ms b when nbc finally did air it, a month late, and everyone said the same thing---she was an extremely credible witness

    the part that really got me is when she looked out of the 4th story hotel window (the camelot inn) across the balcony overlooking little rock and said, pointing---that building wasn't there back then, it used to be a bank

    lisa myers, who conducted the interview, said that ms b was, if anything, TOO credible

    which is why mr brokaw threatened to resign if the segment were aired BEFORE the congressional VOTE ON IMPEACHMENT went down

    Broaddrick details alleged rape by Clinton

    The interview took place on Jan. 20, 1999, but NBC, once in possession of the story, hesitated to air it. As Broaddrick had heard, her interview was slotted to run on the Jan. 29 episode of "Dateline," but didn't.

    In fact, a significant stir was created over the interview when anchor Tom Brokaw threatened to resign if the interview was aired. As NBC's Lisa Myers, who had interviewed Broaddrick, told her, "The good news is you're credible. The bad news is you're very credible."


    i don't know if ms b was raped, but i know for sure, everyone my age knows---nbc sat on the story for a month until AFTER the key vote was concluded

    i've always known, had nbc aired that piece, the vote would have been different

    not to say bubba woulda been booted, but the vote surely would not have been what it was

    nbc sat on the broaddrick story til feb 24---that's fact

    Movie & TV News @ IMDb.com - Studio Briefing - 24 February 1999

    the senate voted clinton free on feb 12

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton]Impeachment of Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]


    bubba was acquitted on perjury, 55 to 45

    he walked on obstruction, 50 to 50

    it was very close

    while nbc SAT on broaddrick's interview

    facts are facts, sorry

    googling the above info took less than 5 minutes, that's how widespread is the knowledge

    and, yes, while i do not know that mr clinton raped the lady, EVERYONE KNOWS he used the POWER OF THE WHITE HOUSE attempting to DESTROY THE REPUTATIONS of women who accused him of acting like the PIG he apparently really is

    again, don't blame me

    that'd be ms kathleen willey, ms jones, ms broaddrick, ms flowers, ms lewinsky, ms coulson, ms browning and others

    he accosted ms willey the VERY DAY her husband committed suicide (unbeknownst to either of em at the time)

    indeed, the couple's troubles were the reason ms willey, longtime volunteer, approached the president for help in the first place, only to be groped

    then savaged subsequent by the most powerful man in the world via white house press office

    clinton's treatment of women cannot be defended, in my opinion, by decent folks with values

    it is what it is, or was

    sorry
    Last edited by The Prof; 08-05-09 at 09:53 PM.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: U.S. Journalists Pardoned by North Korea Following Visit from Former President Bi

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    The point behind what I was saying is that when North Korea agreed to release them after 24 hrs of actual negotiations, they look more credible, in relation to what they would have looked like, had they decided to be more stubborn.

    They profit from this as much as we do.
    Of course they do. They wouldn't have released them unless they politically profited in some way.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  10. #100
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    04-04-10 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    105

    Re: U.S. Journalists Pardoned by North Korea Following Visit from Former President Bi

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I don't see it that way at all. That these Americans warrant such a high level diplomat to address their release speaks to the value we have for Americans held captive, not North Korea.
    I am honestly torn on this issue.

    Part of me, as an American, is outraged by the imprisonment of a US citizen. But on the other hand, the two reporters broke North Korean law. They were not arrested unfairly, they had broken one of the nation's laws. So part of me says they should have to serve their time. The imprisonment of the two journalists shouldn't be cruel and unusual, but it should not be prevented.

    Whether they broke an American law or not, these two broke some of the laws of land and they had to pay the price for it. North Korea didn't sentence them to death or anything, they gave them the same punishment that any Korean would have received. The US government did not have the authority to step in and free them, because the reporters had broken a law.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •