Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 142

Thread: Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service

  1. #1
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service

    Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service - Telegraph

    Since Mr Obama took office, the rate of threats against the president has increased 400 per cent from the 3,000 a year or so under President George W. Bush, according to Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service
    I would expect at jump due to him being black, but not that big.
    PeteEU

  2. #2
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service

    Bloody hell.
    400% rise


  3. #3
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,505

    Re: Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service

    I think it's got more to do with his crappy politics than because he's half black. Wishful thinking on your part.

    You can't put that many people out of work and not expect to piss some folks off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #4
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service

    Nobody lost a job because of Bush's economic policies though.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 08-04-09 at 05:31 PM.

  5. #5
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I think it's got more to do with his crappy politics than because he's half black. Wishful thinking on your part.

    You can't put that many people out of work and not expect to piss some folks off.

    That's just a ridiculous claim. Do you ACTUALLY believe what you wrote...or were you just caught up in trying to justify it someway in your right-wing beliefs?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I think it's got more to do with his crappy politics than because he's half black. Wishful thinking on your part.

    You can't put that many people out of work and not expect to piss some folks off.
    Oh, ye of the selective memory and zero understanding of economics...

    If anything were to happen to Obama, it would tear this country apart. The GOP would be obsolete for a decade...

    The President, our president, must be protected and kept safe at all times--agree with his politics or not, if you don't understand this basic concept of Government, then I feel sorry for you. I would say the same about Bush--especially considering who was number 2.

    But, humor us all with your explanation of how it was Obama who caused the recession that started before he began running for president. I would love to hear that!!

    That's it! He's got a time machine! That's how they published those birth announcements in the Honolulu newspaper. Quick, call WND and tell them your theory. Better call Dobbs, too.

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Bloody hell.
    400% rise
    That's ridiculous!
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I think it's got more to do with his crappy politics than because he's (half) black. Wishful thinking on your part.
    You keep thinking that...
    You can't put that many people out of work and not expect to piss some folks off.
    True, but folks have got to remember the economic problems this country face didn't start under President Obama's administration. All of it was under the Bush administration. So, to blame the current president for the former president's problems is - in a word - stupid!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Nobody lost a job because of Bush's economic policies though.
    That's because former President Bush didn't have an economic policy. He let things go unchecked domestically!!
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 08-04-09 at 05:39 PM.

  8. #8
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,505

    Re: Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Nobody lost a job because of Bush's economic policies though.
    A few, but no where in the millions like what's happening now.


    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    That's just a ridiculous claim. Do you ACTUALLY believe what you wrote...or were you just caught up in trying to justify it someway in your right-wing beliefs?
    You say that as if you believe that the unemployment rate hasn't doubled since PBO took office.



    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Oh, ye of the selective memory and zero understanding of economics...

    If anything were to happen to Obama, it would tear this country apart. The GOP would be obsolete for a decade...

    The President, our president, must be protected and kept safe at all times--agree with his politics or not, if you don't understand this basic concept of Government, then I feel sorry for you. I would say the same about Bush--especially considering who was number 2.

    But, humor us all with your explanation of how it was Obama who caused the recession that started before he began running for president. I would love to hear that!!

    That's it! He's got a time machine! That's how they published those birth announcements in the Honolulu newspaper. Quick, call WND and tell them your theory. Better call Dobbs, too.


    And, what does the neccessity of protecting the president have to do with the economy? Kinduva silly way to start out, personal attack and all.

    Anyway, I agree that PBO getting wacked would be terrible. The most horrible thing that could happen. Not only would it cause unprecedented civil unrest in this country, it turn that goofball into a friggin martyr. Trust me, that's the last thing I want to see. And, then, Biden will be our prez. OMG, that's second only to PBO being thrust into martyrdom.

    How did PBO damage the economy? Well, let's see...cap and trade, the porkulus bill, the UAW bailout, CFC; and that's only in the last 5 months. I can't imagine how much damage the so called healthcare reform is going to do the working class.

    But, ultimately, it wasn't PBO who caused the recesssion. On that, you're correct. It was Congressional Democrats who caused the recession. It was folks like Barney Frank that created the housing bubble, knowing damn good and well what would happen when it burst. I mean, they had to sabotage the economy. It was the only way they were going to get elected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #9
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,505

    Re: Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    You keep thinking that...
    Trust me, I will.

    True, but folks have got to remember the economic problems this country face didn't start under President Obama's administration. All of it was under the Bush administration. So, to blame the current president for the former president's problems is - in a word - stupid!!
    Please post examples of Bush policy that killed the economy, with sources and please, be specific. Calling Bush stupid really isn't proof of anything. Thanks in advance.


    That's because former President Bush didn't have an economic policy. He let things go unchecked domestically!!

    Examples with sources please? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #10
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,505

    Re: Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service

    Oh, and while we're on the subject and since most of the posts on this thread have called me a dumbass, show us what PBO policies have fixed the economy. I know I've asked for a lotta info, but it will be very interesting to see, if you can find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •