So let's see here................Skype might have to shut down because of a dispute over the core technology used to make the internet telephone system work.
EBay, which paid $2.6 billion (£1.6 billion) for the voice-over-the-internet system in 2005, is facing a court battle with the original founders of the company who retained the rights to the technology at the heart of the system.
EBay admitted in a regulatory filing that it might have to close down the company. It said it was trying to develop alternative software but if that did not work, or if eBay lost the right to the original software: "Skype would be severely and adversely affected and the continued operation of Skype's business as currently conducted would likely not be possible."
The dispute also threatens eBay's plan to spin off Skype, scheduled for next year.
1) Ebay wants to buy Skype. OK.
2) Skype is sold to Ebay, but on condition that the software that made Skype possible is not part of the deal.
3) Ebay, nevertheless, uses the Software.
4) The original owners of Skype are now telling Ebay to cease and desist.
5) Ebay now may be shutting down Skype, with the result the they will lose untold millions of dollars in the process.
And there you have it, folks. I have one word for Ebay.... Morons. I also have a deal for them. Would they like to buy the Houston Astrodome from me? I will make it a hell of a deal too. All they have to do is send me money, and the Astrodome is all theirs. I just hope I am not beaten to the punch by the millions of Nigerians who will see Ebay as an easy mark, and will also be looking to scam them.
Article is here.
Note: I have another deal for Ebay - 8 track tapes. However, I retain the rights to keep all the players. LOL.