Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Police called on retirees at senator's LA office

  1. #31
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Police called on retirees at senator's LA office

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Again, besides their party affiliation, I don't think you know squat about the two Senators from Ca.

    You don't rise to the level they both have without being smart.
    I know that Feinstein's ole man has landed some very handsome defense contracts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #32
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Police called on retirees at senator's LA office

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There's a law against constituents waiting in the lobby of their congressman's office?
    Are you being deliberately obtuse?

    Do you actually think that you can just stand somewhere and refuse to move until your demands are met?

    If this were legal, don't you think that every manner of moron would descend on DC to cause havoc in the hopes of having their voice heard?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #33
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Police called on retirees at senator's LA office

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Are you being deliberately obtuse?

    Do you actually think that you can just stand somewhere and refuse to move until your demands are met?

    If this were legal, don't you think that every manner of moron would descend on DC to cause havoc in the hopes of having their voice heard?
    If you're sitting in the lobby of your congressman's office, yes I do believe one can sit there. 'Til closing time, anyway.

    If this were legal, don't you think that every manner of moron would descend on DC to cause havoc in the hopes of having their voice heard?
    People have decended on Congressional offices in Washington hundreds of times and no one ever went to jail. None of the Code Pinkers ever went to jail for it, nor were they excorted out by the cops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #34
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Police called on retirees at senator's LA office

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If you're sitting in the lobby of your congressman's office, yes I do believe one can sit there. 'Til closing time, anyway.
    Well, you don't. Glad I could clear that up.

    People have decended on Congressional offices in Washington hundreds of times and no one ever went to jail. None of the Code Pinkers ever went to jail for it, nor were they excorted out by the cops.
    This is demonstrably false.

    Dave Lindorff: Overcoming John Conyers

    Adventures in Autism: Unlocking Autism: Autism Dad Escourted from Barton's Office
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #35
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Police called on retirees at senator's LA office

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    So, you post only two examples of different situations and you believe that since it was ok then, it's ok now? Are you really that easy?

    Ya know, just because it happened before doesn't make it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #36
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Police called on retirees at senator's LA office

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you post only two examples of different situations and you believe that since it was ok then, it's ok now? Are you really that easy?

    Ya know, just because it happened before doesn't make it right.
    You're wrong, so I don't really feel the need to spend more time proving it.

    You cannot just stand in a Congressman's office causing a ruckus and demanding to see them all day long. They can (and will) have you escorted out. This does not constitute fascism.

    /thread
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •