Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 313

Thread: Teen shot to death during home invasion

  1. #291
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    You're being dishonest. Eating a cheeseburger can be fatal. Should it be illegal?
    Again, if a Cheeseburger is OK in regular amounts, yet heroin, a lethal substance that is damaging to ones mental and physical health, regardless of what amount it is taken in, then yes, Heroin should be illegal.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  2. #292
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Heroin withdrawal is less fatal than jogging.
    And im bigoted for ignoring points you apparently have repeatedly stated
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  3. #293
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Small amounts of Alcohol consumption is good for you.
    Alcohol consumption in general, or are you simply referring to wine and it's strong antioxidants? My point is that there are better alternatives which do the same thing.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  4. #294
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Again, if a Cheeseburger is OK in regular amounts, yet heroin, a lethal substance that is damaging to ones mental and physical health, regardless of what amount it is taken in, then yes, Heroin should be illegal.
    Prove that it is damaging to one's physical and mental health regardless of the dose. Please try to support your arguments.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #295
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Prove that it is damaging to one's physical and mental health regardless of the dose. Please try to support your arguments.
    Are you suggesting Heroin has no serious negative effects on the body?
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  6. #296
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Are you suggesting Heroin has no serious negative effects on the body?
    You are deflecting now. Prove that Heroine damages someone physically and mentally regardless of dose. That was your claim, support it with facts.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #297
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    You are deflecting now. Prove that Heroine damages someone physically and mentally regardless of dose. That was your claim, support it with facts.
    There are many different types of heroin effects that a drug user can experience, and heroin effects can be extremely detrimental to a person's mind and body. Heroin is an opiate derived from the drug morphine, and its highly addictive properties and quick acting-effects made it a popular street drug immediately.

    Heroin is a relatively pricey drug, however, even after a person uses it for the first time, he/she will most likely become addicted to the heroin effects that are felt. The idea of 'heroin chic' was popularized through advertising and films in the eighties and early nineties and told viewers that heroin effects such as losing one's appetite and becoming ghastly and pale were attractive. In reality, a heroin user's body is unable to function normally, and once heroin is put into the body the person no longer has any desires but to find more of the drug.

    Heroin Effects, Heroin Addiction, Heroin Treatment Center

    Also, Heroin abuse can cause violent and continous vomiting and can deprive the body of sufficient oxygen and starve the brain of vital substances as a result. It can impair the vision and cause damage to the retina, and does not readily dissolve so can cause clogging of the arteries, veins and heart, insomnia which can also be life threatening and so on.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  8. #298
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    There are many different types of heroin effects that a drug user can experience, and heroin effects can be extremely detrimental to a person's mind and body. Heroin is an opiate derived from the drug morphine, and its highly addictive properties and quick acting-effects made it a popular street drug immediately.

    Heroin is a relatively pricey drug, however, even after a person uses it for the first time, he/she will most likely become addicted to the heroin effects that are felt. The idea of 'heroin chic' was popularized through advertising and films in the eighties and early nineties and told viewers that heroin effects such as losing one's appetite and becoming ghastly and pale were attractive. In reality, a heroin user's body is unable to function normally, and once heroin is put into the body the person no longer has any desires but to find more of the drug.

    Heroin Effects, Heroin Addiction, Heroin Treatment Center

    Also, Heroin abuse can cause violent and continous vomiting and can deprive the body of sufficient oxygen and starve the brain of vital substances as a result. It can impair the vision and cause damage to the retina, and does not readily dissolve so can cause clogging of the arteries, veins and heart, insomnia which can also be life threatening and so on.
    I do not know how to make this any clearer: Show that Heroine causes damage physically and mentally to the user REGARDLESS OF DOSAGE. Your post mentions nothing of dosage.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #299
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    And im bigoted for ignoring points you apparently have repeatedly stated
    I never said you were bigoted. I said your opinion is based on nonsense.

    It is a fact that jogging kills more people each year than heroin withdrawal does. For the same reasons: Underlying health issues.

    Just like when a person has a heart attack while jogging, they were killed by the underlying condition. To attribute that death to "jogging" is simply retarded. It is caused by poor health.

    Would you attribute such a heart attack to jogging?

    If not, then your argument is dishonest.

    If so, you must be in favor of a ban on jogging.

  10. #300
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I do not know how to make this any clearer: Show that Heroine causes damage physically and mentally to the user REGARDLESS OF DOSAGE. Your post mentions nothing of dosage.
    Heroin

    3rd bullet point.

    In small amounts heroin makes people very talkative, energized, impassioned and confident. But even in small amounts, heroin can cause clogging of the lungs and the vascular tubes of the upper regions of the body, become the underlying cause of early age dementia, as well as playing a large factor in HIV/AIDS cases. Heroin, regardless of dosage, has a tendency to intefere with the biological proceedings of the brain and block vital hormones that cause sleep, growth and general mental development.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •