Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 313

Thread: Teen shot to death during home invasion

  1. #271
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Everything thats class A and B for starters.
    Totally and completely false.

    Benzodiazapines and Alcohol are the ONLY two types of drugs that have fatal withdrawal symptoms... and they are both legal.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 08-06-09 at 07:16 PM.

  2. #272
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Likewise, ive accepted your arguments and have gone out of my way to refute them, hence this debate.
    Your only refutation of the history argument is "I don't accept it"

    That's in essence ignoring it. Plugging your ears and going "lalalala I can't hear you" is not "refuting" anything.

    Everything thats class A and B for starters.
    I may be wrong but I think, don't have the time to research this at the moment so I'm sure Tuck will probably know, that marijuana does NOT have lethal withdrawl symptoms

  3. #273
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I may be wrong but I think, don't have the time to research this at the moment so I'm sure Tuck will probably know, that marijuana does NOT have lethal withdrawl symptoms
    See above. Only benzodiazapines and alcohol have fatal withdrawal symptoms.

    Marijuana doesn't even run the risk of a fatal overdose, let alone withdrawal.

  4. #274
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    From a UK website: Heroin addiction FAQs. Heroin addiction treatment.

    Heroin withdrawal is never fatal to otherwise healthy adults, but it can cause death to the foetus of a pregnant addict.

  5. #275
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I may be wrong but I think, don't have the time to research this at the moment so I'm sure Tuck will probably know, that marijuana does NOT have lethal withdrawl symptoms
    No, im totally for Marijuana to get legalized. Theres no evidence to suggest it is any worse for you than smoking your normal cigarettes. I used to take alot of it (or at least its worse equivalent, skunk), and yeah you can get addicted to it, but i wouldnt call it life threatening stuff and no better/ worse than tobacco.

    But again, MJ (Marijuana) is class - C (except for here in Britain due to sheer stupidity).
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  6. #276
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Ive explained this already. Forget the addictive side even, these drugs are death in a needle. At least Alcohol consumption is good to a certain extent, heroin in no shape or form is good for you and very damaging to the mental and physical health of the body - the thought of this being easily obtained legally is frightening so lets move on.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  7. #277
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Ive explained this already. Forget the addictive side even, these drugs are death in a needle. At least Alcohol consumption is good to a certain extent, heroin in no shape or form is good for you and very damaging to the mental and physical health of the body - the thought of this being easily obtained legally is frightening so lets move on.
    So I take it that means you aren't going to admit that you pretended to have knowledge on this subject when you actually didn't?

    Like I said before, benzos and alcohol are the only drugs with fatal withdrawals. Until you can prove otherwise, your opinion is worthless.

    Heroin is definitely worse than alcohol in many many respects.

    I was just pointing out that this "worst drug" does NOT have fatal withdrawal symptoms, while alcohol DOES have fatal withdrawals.

    But alcohol is definitely one of the worst drugs around. No doubt about it.


    Nobody who actually knows what the hell they are talking about would state otherwise.

    If you don't believe me, believe these experts:

    University of Victoria - Communications - Media Release

    Alcohol, tobacco among riskiest drugs - Addictions- msnbc.com


    Since you are claiming something that all experts disagree with you about, perhaps you can enlighten us as to why your opinion should be considered more valid than the facts?

  8. #278
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    So I take it that means you aren't going to admit that you pretended to have knowledge on this subject when you actually didn't?

    Like I said before, benzos and alcohol are the only drugs with fatal withdrawals. Until you can prove otherwise, your opinion is worthless.

    Heroin is definitely worse than alcohol in many many respects.

    I was just pointing out that this "worst drug" does NOT have fatal withdrawal symptoms, while alcohol DOES have fatal withdrawals.

    But alcohol is definitely one of the worst drugs around. No doubt about it.


    Nobody who actually knows what the hell they are talking about would state otherwise.

    If you don't believe me, believe these experts:

    University of Victoria - Communications - Media Release

    Alcohol, tobacco among riskiest drugs - Addictions- msnbc.com


    Since you are claiming something that all experts disagree with you about, perhaps you can enlighten us as to why your opinion should be considered more valid than the facts?
    What are you talking about? We're have i NOT stated facts? My stance was, heroin has lethal withdrawal symptoms, it is easy to get addicted to heroin than it is alcohol, and it is worse than alcohol and regulated or not, its bad for you in any amount, therefore should be illegal. My argument also was, this is the reason why Alcohol is/should be legal, because it is good for you until a certain extent as opposed to Heroin which is life destroying substance in any amount.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  9. #279
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    What are you talking about? We're have i NOT stated facts? My stance was, heroin has lethal withdrawal symptoms....

    Your stance is NOT based in fact. The part I bolded has been proven wrong already in this thread yet you STILL repeat it. That's why your opinion is nonsense. It has no foundation in reality.

  10. #280
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Your stance is NOT based in fact. The part I bolded has been proven wrong already in this thread yet you STILL repeat it. That's why your opinion is nonsense. It has no foundation in reality.
    Of course not.

    Major withdrawal symptoms peak between 48 and 72 hours after the last dose and typically subside after about a week; however, some individuals may show persistent withdrawal symptoms for months. Although heroin withdrawal is considered less dangerous than alcohol or barbiturate withdrawal, sudden withdrawal by heavily dependent users who are in poor health is occasionally fatal.

    Heroin - InfoFacts - NIDA

    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •