Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 313

Thread: Teen shot to death during home invasion

  1. #261
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    The Ninth Amendment states that the BoR is not an exhaustive listing of rights.
    Exactly! It's not a list of all rights; it's just a list of rights protected by the Constitution.

    No where in the Constitution is the government given the authority to dictate what people are allowed to ingest. Pretty simple.
    10th Amendment. Just because the Federal Government can't do it doesn't mean state governments can't either. In fact, quite the opposite.

    No, the Ninth Amendment was created so people wouldn't try to "disparage or deny other rights retained by the people." AKA unenumerated rights.
    Um, did you read the whole thing? The first part says that the ENUMERATION OF RIGHTS IN THE CONSTITUTION won't be used to do just that. In other words, just because rights are in the Constitution, doesn't mean people can't have other rights NOT PROTECTED BY THE CONSTITUTION. Note how it says "retained by the people". In the 10th Amendment, "the people" is listed as an entity separate from the Constitution; obviously it would be the same case in the 9th Amendment.

    I'm sorry, could you explain the difference between a Constitutional right and a non-Constitutional right?
    Is that really not clear to you? Constitutional rights are protected by the Constitution. Non-Constitutional rights are "retained by the people"- they might be listed in a state constitution, or state laws, or otherwise, but they are NOT protected by the Constitution.

    "Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual." --Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819.

    Jefferson on Politics & Government: Inalienable Rights
    So tell that to your state legislators. But don't try to use the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to push a non-Federal issue.

  2. #262
    Advisor TheHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-17-13 @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    551

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I don't do drugs on a daily basis but I do weekly. Actually, I mix drugs most weekends.

    Jack Daniels with that horrible drug Alcohol mixed with Coke with that horrible drug Caffine.

    I swear, its amazing that with probably almost weekly inhaling of drugs since I've turned 21 that my penis isn't just one giant pussing pile of ooze
    Jesus.

    Yeah, I know, drinking some caffeine is on the same level as doing real drugs, like weed, heroin, crack, cocaine, etc, etc isnt it?

    Sorry, but the "your a hypocrit if you arent against all drugs" doesnt work on me.

    Its also ridiculous to fly off the handle and assume I said anybody doing drugs would have a leaky penis. I mean are we all adults here, or do we need to explain the obvious all the time?

  3. #263
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    Jesus.

    Yeah, I know, drinking some caffeine is on the same level as doing real drugs, like weed, heroin, crack, cocaine, etc, etc isnt it?

    Sorry, but the "your a hypocrit if you arent against all drugs" doesnt work on me.

    Its also ridiculous to fly off the handle and assume I said anybody doing drugs would have a leaky penis. I mean are we all adults here, or do we need to explain the obvious all the time?
    When you state legalizing drugs will increase STD rates by 10000000%, thats one hundred million percent, with nothing factual backing you up and state that you're SERIOUS when you say that why in the world SHOULD we interpret the things you say in the most reasonable rational way.

    Still happily waiting you to respond to my post I linked that actually counters your ludicrous assertion.

  4. #264
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    When you state legalizing drugs will increase STD rates by 10000000%, thats one hundred million percent, with nothing factual backing you up and state that you're SERIOUS when you say that why in the world SHOULD we interpret the things you say in the most reasonable rational way.

    Still happily waiting you to respond to my post I linked that actually counters your ludicrous assertion.
    Your asking for evidence?

    And you sit there telling us legalizing drugs will end the damage drugs is causing society on a whole with what real life examples and evidence, exactly? Purely a guess with what you believe is "unemotional, rational thinking", or rather "illegitemate, baseless" thinking which you have managed to sum up as "rational thinking"....again, with what evidence?
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  5. #265
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Your asking for evidence?

    And you sit there telling us legalizing drugs will end the damage drugs is causing society on a whole with what real life examples and evidence, exactly?
    Where did I say that?

    No, even if we legalize drugs there will DEFINITELY still be damage caused by them to society. You're never going to get rid of all the damage they cause to society.

    I'm saying there won't be more damage than there is currently, and that the benefits of legalization many drugs would outweigh the negatives.

    I have been citing a historical equivalent, which is more than you've provided...at all.

    Purely a guess with what you believe is "unemotional, rational thinking", or rather "illegitemate, baseless" thinking which you have managed to sum up as "rational thinking"....again, with what evidence?
    Evidence in regards to our notion that we've presented: Historical facts that parallel this issue. Simple economic rules of supply and demand

    Evidence in regards to your notion that you've presented: Its "common sense" to you.

  6. #266
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Where did I say that?

    No, even if we legalize drugs there will DEFINITELY still be damage caused by them to society. You're never going to get rid of all the damage they cause to society.

    I'm saying there won't be more damage than there is currently, and that the benefits of legalization many drugs would outweigh the negatives.

    I have been citing a historical equivalent, which is more than you've provided...at all.
    Again, no evidence to back this up!

    I dont consider your "historical" evidence anything to take seriously considering drugs are by far much worse than alcohol is, have a bigger mental and physical impact on the human body and are bad for you regardless how regulated or moderated they are (Alcohol is good for you; to a certain extent).



    Evidence in regards to our notion that we've presented: Historical facts that parallel this issue. Simple economic rules of supply and demand

    Evidence in regards to your notion that you've presented: Its "common sense" to you.
    No, its rational thinking.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  7. #267
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Again, no evidence to back this up!

    I dont consider your "historical" evidence anything to take seriously considering drugs are by far much worse than alcohol is, have a bigger mental and physical impact on the human body and are bad for you regardless how regulated or moderated they are (Alcohol is good for you; to a certain extent).

    No, its rational thinking.
    Thanks for proving me right.

    You still provide no evidence, you reject the evidence provided against you because you don't like it, you call your thoughts "rational thinking" but reject other peoples "common sense" or "rational thought" that goes against yours as obviously being wrong even though you are in no way shape or form more credible on this than anyone else on this forum

    So essentially what its came down to is you saying "I can't give you any actual facts, and the facts your providing I don't like, and your opinion differs from mine so it doesn't count, so I'm write, so ha!"

    Great debating



    Your unhappiness with the fact that SOME drugs can be worse than alcohol is irrelevant to whether or not the historical facts are prudent in this case, because the discussion is not in regards to their damaging effects but in regards to the market and capitalistic economic practices which ARE extremely similiar in both cases.

  8. #268
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    I dont consider your "historical" evidence anything to take seriously considering drugs are by far much worse than alcohol is, have a bigger mental and physical impact on the human body and are bad for you regardless how regulated or moderated they are (Alcohol is good for you; to a certain extent).
    Can you name for me the only two types of drugs with fatal withdrawal symptoms and the major thing that both of these drug types have in common?

  9. #269
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Perfect example of why some people need to stay away from substances they simply cannot handle. I've known people who have become violent on shrooms but that's usually because they lacked the mental fortitude to handle the situation they put themselves in.

    Using this as an argument for why psychedelics should remain illegal is laughable.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  10. #270
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Thanks for proving me right.

    You still provide no evidence, you reject the evidence provided against you because you don't like it, you call your thoughts "rational thinking" but reject other peoples "common sense" or "rational thought" that goes against yours as obviously being wrong even though you are in no way shape or form more credible on this than anyone else on this forum
    Likewise, ive accepted your arguments and have gone out of my way to refute them, hence this debate. I havent at any point deliberately "ignored" your points, i just refuse to entertain you by repeating the same answers for your looped questions. And on the point, you accuse me of rejecting your opinions because i think my opinions are common sense and rational, yet you are doing the exact same thing and recieving the same treatment; calling my opinions emotion filled and yours derived of "common sense".

    So essentially what its came down to is you saying "I can't give you any actual facts, and the facts your providing I don't like, and your opinion differs from mine so it doesn't count, so I'm write, so ha!"

    Great debating

    Where have i said this? Quote please.

    Your unhappiness with the fact that SOME drugs can be worse than alcohol is irrelevant to whether or not the historical facts are prudent in this case, because the discussion is not in regards to their damaging effects but in regards to the market and capitalistic economic practices which ARE extremely similiar in both cases.
    I have no problem with the capitalist economy, what i do have a problem is, is a capitalist market for a substance that is highly addictive, lethal and should under no circumstances be used - therefore, banned. They have no buisness in our daily lives. You think the government has no right to protect us, yes there are boundaries, but some things the government needs to step in and set straight before it gets out of hand.

    And as for your comment about only "some" drugs being worse than alcohol, well, just lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Can you name for me the only two types of drugs with fatal withdrawal symptoms and the major thing that both of these drug types have in common?
    Everything thats class A and B for starters.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •